Belichick defends Seymour from dirty play complaint

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick rebuffed claims that defensive lineman Richard Seymour played dirty in the AFC championship victory over San Diego.

New England beat the Chargers 21-12 on Sunday to advance to the Super Bowl, and after the game San Diego center Nick Hardwick called Seymour "a dirty, cheap, little pompous (expletive)."

"I'm surprised," Belichick said Monday. "That's the last thing I would say about Richard."

Seymour was called for running into the kicker when the Chargers punted on their first possession -- a clear penalty, but hardly a violent one. He also gave San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers an elbow to the back that sent Rivers into an exaggerated flop.

Hardwick also accused Seymour of stomping on feet, slapping heads and punching people in the back.

"He's cheap and dirty, and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time," Hardwick said.

It's the second straight year that the Patriots have eliminated the Chargers from the playoffs, and the second straight year the Chargers have complained about New England's sportsmanship. Last year, running back LaDainian Tomlinson said the Patriots had "no class" for celebrating on the Chargers midfield logo.

Seymour was unavailable for comment because Belichick gave his team three days off to rest and make plans for the trip to Glendale, Ariz., for the Feb. 3 Super Bowl. That's their chance to arrange for family travel, pack their things and handle ticket requests from friends and relatives.

"I'm sure everybody got a lot of calls last night," Belichick said. "We all did."

On Thursday, they'll start planning for the game. The team leaves on Sunday

I think this was a veteran DE dishing out some payback for all the talking the Chargers have done over the past year, this kind of stuff will continue if the Chargers continue to run all this smack in the media.

its funny how the colts and chargers always complain when they lose to the patriots they just need to shut up and play the game........
    I support Kaepernick 100%

LOL the Chargers whining about the other team after they lose??? Noooooooooooooooo.

Gosh, you would think with all the trash the Chargers talk they might have a little thicker skin....

I wonder why no Charger fans are responding in this thread???

Quote Originally Posted by 91bronco View Post
    I wonder why no Charger fans are responding in this thread???
    Chargers.com has taught them to avoid the truth at all costs, so they just ignore these kinds of posts

LOL- selective posting.....

Anyway, here is a follow up to this story from Seymor himself-

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7710804?MSNHPHMA

Bump for all the Charger Fans