Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Screw the NFL, screw em!

If I remember correctly, last season John Lynch and Champ Bailey asked if they could wear #27 in the Pro Bowl and the NFL denied them. Well I just heard on ESPN today that they are allowing players from the Redskins to wear #21 during the Pro Bowl. Damn the hypocritical NFL!

well the media doesnt really care about Denver and hardly anyone even knows what happened to williams or nash.

If this is true it really is sad.....

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    well the media doesnt really care about Denver and hardly anyone even knows what happened to williams or nash.
    Although I have no idea why the NFL would have rejected the requests of the Broncos players regarding williams (I believe he was the player shot and killed in the limo) because there is/was no logical reason for doing so! However, I do not believe that Nash died until after the Pro Bowl was played, but I could be mistaken.

IMHO, the NFL should allow a team's player(s) to wear the jersey number of any teammate who dies or is killed prior to the Pro Bowl (e.g. A Patriot should be allowed to wear M. Hill's number if he so desires or a Bronco should be allowed to wear Nash's number since I believe he died after last year's Pro Bowl)

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Although I have no idea why the NFL would have rejected the requests of the Broncos players regarding williams (I believe he was the player shot and killed in the limo) because there is/was no logical reason for doing so! However, I do not believe that Nash died until after the Pro Bowl was played, but I could be mistaken.

IMHO, the NFL should allow a team's player(s) to wear the jersey number of any teammate who dies or is killed prior to the Pro Bowl (e.g. A Patriot should be allowed to wear M. Hill's number if he so desires or a Bronco should be allowed to wear Nash's number since I believe he died after last year's Pro Bowl)
    I wasn't referring to Nash but you do have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I wasn't referring to Nash but you do have a point.
    I know, but Starbroncs mentioned him so I thought I would include him.

actually all I said was hardly anybody even know whats happened to both williams and Nash.

they're probably allowing it because taylor was actually voted to the pro bowl

They wouldnt allow Plummer to Honor Tillman for gods sake, alot of the stuff they do make me scratch my head

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    they're probably allowing it because taylor was actually voted to the pro bowl
    That really shouldn't be relevant. A young man's life is a young man's life. It is equally as valuable if he is a probowler or not and deserves equal recognition.

That being said, this was the right move for the NFL. They made the wrong move last year, but the right move this year. Perhaps they realized their folly, so they changed their minds given a similar circumstance.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
    That really shouldn't be relevant. A young man's life is a young man's life. It is equally as valuable if he is a probowler or not and deserves equal recognition.

That being said, this was the right move for the NFL. They made the wrong move last year, but the right move this year. Perhaps they realized their folly, so they changed their minds given a similar circumstance.
    Agreed...but its still frustrating.

Also, was Tags still the commish last year during the Pro Bowl....or was it the year before? Anyway, if it was a different commish that may have had something to do with it.

it all has to do with who was shot and the team he was shot on. Taylor was more well known then Williams was and played in a bigger market. plain and simple. if Peyton Manning got killed suddenly, i wouldn't be surpried if the NFL canceled games for a week

That is just irritating. I don't see why they would allow the Redskins players in the Pro Bowl wear #21 but didn't allow Lynch and Bailey to wear Darrent's number last year. Did somebody do some major butt kissing or something to get the strings pulled their way to allow this to happen? It is a double standard. Ok, sure Hill died during the season but still shouldn't the players be allowed to honor a teammate regardless of when their death took place? The NFL had a tizzy when Plummer wanted to honor his friend Pat Tillman with the sticker on his helmet.

When Hill was killed it was on the news for weeks. After Darrent's murder and Damien's passing the news coverage lasted a week or so to a few days. The NFL needs to make a ruling about this issue and keep it that way and not flip flop.

So because Shaun Taylor was a better player at the point in his career when he was murdered... That makes the story all the more tragic? Who's Darrent Williams anyways?

This is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    If I remember correctly, last season John Lynch and Champ Bailey asked if they could wear #27 in the Pro Bowl and the NFL denied them. Well I just heard on ESPN today that they are allowing players from the Redskins to wear #21 during the Pro Bowl. Damn the hypocritical NFL!
    Thats rediculous! Just let teams honor their players for crying out loud. The league needs to RELAX with this type of oversight!