Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Prime yourselves for another bad year

Now with all of the attention turned to the draft and free agency, letís face that fact that our beloved Broncos are in for another lousy year. I have read threads that once again focus on the defensive line, I suspect because of the Giantsí performance. We need that and much, much more. Iím not a pro talent scout, and neither are any of you, so letís pretend we are and rank the top five greatest needs of the team.

1)Offensive Line Ė We need Jay healthy to hope for any success in the future, and please let them be of substantial size. Please no small lineman, it doesnít work anymore.

2)Defensive Line Ė Enough said, please see statement about lineman above

3)Safety Ė We were torn apart down the seams last year

4)Linebacker Ė LB play was terrible last year, some due to the lack of run stoppage by the line.

5)Punter Ė This is one of the most important plays in football.

Let's hope we don't have a typical draft by Shanny. GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

You mean like Clarett? JK

Yeah we have problems, but I woulnd't prep for another bad year. I would have never guessed the Giants would have won the superbowl at the beginning of this season either

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteyford View Post
    You mean like Clarett? JK

Yeah we have problems, but I woulnd't prep for another bad year. I would have never guessed the Giants would have won the superbowl at the beginning of this season either
    Yes, Like that scumbag. Also Willie Middlebrooks, Ashlie and the list goes on and on. The Giants had way more in place for a run the the Broncos do.

I think your going a little over board with a "lousy season again" thing you got goin there.

My argument is that our D, even with the players we have just now, won't be as bad at all as last year. Last year was a different scheme that takes time to learn and obviously we got destroyed. This years scheme the players will be more used to playing plus some key rooks got exp and we get a chance to see Moss as well, healthy, which can't hurt.

We could very well win 10/9 games next year and make the playoffs, maybe not win the DIV but make the playoffs just by our D being that much better just by switching the schemes.

Plus, see what happens in FA although I'll admit I think we are not going to be very active this year in the market.

Please don't make accusations that we are going to have a bad year.

I understand what you are saying but unless you have a crystal ball we don't need any negativity.

Thanks!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Lets go ahead and prepare for the 2009 Draft. No Games this year, just mathematical models to determine it all.

Lets at least wait until the draft, if not training camp to start trying to decide about the quality of the season.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

We have some very solid players on D. It is just a matter of everything coming together ..... Personnel and Scheme. Never happened last year.

No team has 11 pro-bowlers on defense.

We have some great players that were young and will hopefully continue to improve.

Hopefully with a new scheme and a defensive coordinator that supposedly can adjust to the talent we actually have will make a huge difference.

last year our talent was wasted by trying to play a defense that did not fit our personnel. Let's just wait and see. I think we will be much better on D than most think.

Everyone is giving up VERY FAST on our D Line and DJ....it was the FIRST year for most of those guys in the NFL, and in those positions.

If we stay healthy they can all be playmakers. Which btw...helps our secondary a lot! Look at the Giants. Our secondary is better, but you never would know since they were after Brady in 2 seconds.

Keep the faith bronco nation!!

Doom and Gloom again...

I still say we should just sell the team to Los Angeles.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

The Broncos will win the Super Bowl next year. I called it.
    [B][U][SIZE="4"]Owned:[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
    The Broncos will win the Super Bowl next year. I called it.
    The Broncos will be the first 19-0 team in NFL history! I called it. (hopefully it plays out in 2008.)
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

Ėnoun
    an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

Hey there, did you notice in the definition of fan it says "enthusiastic devotee"? I just wanted to point out to you that your post strips you of your right to call yourself a Denver Broncos "fan." If you are predicting a season of doom and gloom for next year, a week after the Super Bowl, then you have no enthusiasm or hope... and therefore are not a Denver Broncos "fan." In fact, I am going to call out all you chumps who call yourselves Broncos "fans", but have no enthusiasm for the next season. No matter what happens I have a positive outlook for the future and unknown. I carry that with me in life too. It goes along ways... because if you carry negative thoughts with you that have no substance, chances are your a sad bastard who will never be happy.

Cheers, i am going to save this post and if the Broncos happen to do well next year... I want to see how you are feeling. Will you be happy and rooting for them again? If so that makes you a "bandwagon fan" because you are not one now.

Prime yourselves for another good season, it's not too often that Shanahan has back to back loosing seasons. I'm not even sure that it's ever happened

Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    Prime yourselves for another good season, it's not too often that Shanahan has back to back loosing seasons. I'm not even sure that it's ever happened
    That is correct. In fact, Shanny has not had consecutive non-winning seasons. Looks like 2008 will finish with at least 9 wins (assuming the trend holds.)
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    Now with all of the attention turned to the draft and free agency, letís face that fact that our beloved Broncos are in for another lousy year. I have read threads that once again focus on the defensive line, I suspect because of the Giantsí performance. We need that and much, much more. Iím not a pro talent scout, and neither are any of you, so letís pretend we are and rank the top five greatest needs of the team.

1)Offensive Line Ė We need Jay healthy to hope for any success in the future, and please let them be of substantial size. Please no small lineman, it doesnít work anymore.

2)Defensive Line Ė Enough said, please see statement about lineman above

3)Safety Ė We were torn apart down the seams last year

4)Linebacker Ė LB play was terrible last year, some due to the lack of run stoppage by the line.

5)Punter Ė This is one of the most important plays in football.

I've learned that when negativity runs in the fan base it also dwindles into the team.

A typical Shanny draft? Gee, I wonder if 2006 was "typical". Cutler, and B Marsh. 2007-Jarvis Moss A great football player with wonderful potential which he showed flashes of until injured.
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Those predicting doom and gloom...

Can suck it. Yep, I said it.

Shanahan tends to have VERY good seasons when his back is against the wall. In 1996, after going 8-8 in '95, we went 13-3 and won the division.

In 1999, we went 6-10 - STILL the worst record in his tenure. In 2000 we went to the playoffs, losing in Balto to the eventual champ.

In 2004, we went to the playoffs and lost in the first round - AGAIN - and EVERYONE was calling for Shanny to resign. Naturally, we went 13-3 in '05, won the division (sweeping SD in the process, by the way) and won a playoff game, making it to the AFC Championship Game.

So please, express your doubts. Talk about how he's lost his touch and how he doesn't have it anymore. Please, keep doing so.

It'll make it that much more fun for me to laugh at you.
    In Manning I trust.