Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What If: The Broncos are cheaters?

This is hypothetical but what if your belove team, the Denver Broncos were involved in a spy scandal?

Would you still support them? Would you turn your cheek and root for them? Would it even be a topic of discussion?

So what is Broncos Country's thoughts on this.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Wow...this is a good question.

I've always seen myself as a Bronco fan...so I dont think that would change...but if the scandal turned out to be true, I wouldnt try to defend the actions of the Broncos to other fans or fans of other teams.

Living out here in the mid-west, and wearing my Bronco gear, I've actually ran across a lot of folks that dont like the Broncos, mainly because of our success in the 80's and 90's...and a player named John Elway.

So the cheating would likely cause more angst against the Broncos...but I would still watch their games and root for them, knowing that the NFL punished them the way they saw fit...and to just move on.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

I would help them cheat...lend a camcorder or offer to sneak in and film other teams.
    [B][U][SIZE="4"]Owned:[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd be embarrassed as hell that that's the best we could do while cheating.

I'd publicly take the fall stating I acted of my own free will, and the recordings were made without the knowledge or consent of the Broncos, Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen, or any of their staff.

I'd like to see anyone out true-fan THAT!!

I know for a fact we didn't cheat becasue why wouldn't we blitz on any running play?

If you watched Denver you saw in what seems to be a running sitituation we would have 2 safties way far back, corners way far back, linebackers way far back, like some kind of "prevent" pass defense. no blitzes at all = 5+ yard run everytime

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I'd publicly take the fall stating I acted of my own free will, and the recordings were made without the knowledge or consent of the Broncos, Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen, or any of their staff.

I'd like to see anyone out true-fan THAT!!
    You rock.

And we're waiting for the official ruling, but you can expect a 6 month ban.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteyford View Post
    I know for a fact we didn't cheat becasue why wouldn't we blitz on any running play?

If you watched Denver you saw in what seems to be a running sitituation we would have 2 safties way far back, corners way far back, linebackers way far back, like some kind of "prevent" pass defense. no blitzes at all = 5+ yard run everytime
    Int he NFL, cheaters win!
    I'm on Twitter!

I would stay a Broncos fan, but I would be very disappointed.

If they cheated, they better have done better than 7-9.

How do we know sneaky Shanny hasn't already?

In all seriousness, I would be shocked that Pat and Mike would do something like that. I dunno, homerism I suppose.

And as a fan if it did pan out to be true, I would probably react like my Patriot fan friend here does. He just shakes his head and does not respond.

We have teased him over and over about the NE situation and he feels embarrassed as a fan of a team that would rely on cheating tactics.

I would not defend the Broncos one bit but would remain a fan with a black eye. I would be crushed to learn of such behavior.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    I would stay a Broncos fan, but I would be very disappointed.

If they cheated, they better have done better than 7-9.

@CinnaMunMum: LOL! I would hate to see if the Dolphins cheated. Being 1-15 doesn't say much.

@BroncoManiac_69: Who knows if the Broncos haven't implemented a form of cheating but I doubt th Mastermind would use physical evidence.... but yea, a 7-9 record doesn't look like enough cheating was done.
    I'm on Twitter!

I would be very dissapointed but I would still be a fan.
    [URL="http://20yardline.com/afc-teams/denver-broncos/denver-broncos-all-time-team.html"]Denver Broncos All-Time Team[/URL]
    Do you know who were the Greatest Denver Broncos players of all-time?
    Know the [URL="http://20yardline.com/afc-teams/denver-broncos/denver-broncos.html"]Denver Broncos Team History[/URL]

First I would chuckle a little bit... Then I would realize that if our righteous Broncos are cheating than everyone else is too. I would then brace myself for the massive smack talk that is about to be thrown my way, and perhaps think of clever responses.

Nothing can turn the Bronco fan from me, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    First I would chuckle a little bit... Then I would realize that if our righteous Broncos are cheating than everyone else is too. I would then brace myself for the massive smack talk that is about to be thrown my way, and perhaps think of clever responses.

Nothing can turn the Bronco fan from me, nothing.
    That's it, I'm sure every team tries to gain some kind of advantage over their competition. The problem with the Patriots was that they were warned by the league in a memo to stop recording the opponents sidelines, and were caught doing it after the warning.

I would hope that Shanahan would be smart enough to stop doing whatever he does after being caught once and warned about it. If not, well, he brought it upon himself right?

I'd still be a fan of the team though, just disappointed.

if the broncos would be caught cheating i would.....

instantly stop going to other teams message boards, that ive regularly visited in the past, hide in the corner of my room, cover my ears and rock back n forth.

back n forth, back n forth, back n forth ............

i would cover my ears and repeat spygate never happened, spygate never happened, spygate never happened, everyone is doing it, everyone.......

but stop being a fan cuz of somethin that happened, nah

sig by B4B6..