Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 134
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm sure shanahan is WELL aware of the situation and the time table.

    Right now its a pretty hard choice for me to look at as a fan, and I don't know him personally like Bowlen and Shanahan do. He's getting up there. He can't kick off, and any FG over 40 yrds is pushing it.. and over 45yrds is taking a big risk. It means we have to have a punter that can not only punt, but KO as well, and the last year showed just how poor our KOs were.... horrendous.

    So there is a lot to think about here. This isn't just a no-brainer, and give the guy what he wants.
    I'm right there with you.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Here's some Elam stats I put in my blog at Total Broncos

    • Record 63 yard field goal
    • 2007 marked his 15th straight season of 100+ points, a record both in total number of seasons and consecutive seasons.
    • 371 straight PATís (1993-2002), which is a record that still stands today.
    • Entering 2007, he also held the highest PAT conversion rate (.995) in league history.
    • Late in 2007, Elam passed John Elway (234) in games played by a Bronco, moving into first place in franchise history.
    • Elam has scored at least one point in 236 straight games (every game of his career), which is second to Morton Anderson.
    • Elam has been to the Pro Bowl three times.
    • Entered 2007 ranked seventh in NFL history in career field goals, 11th in field goal attempts, seventh in extra points made, eighth in extra point attempts and ninth in points scored.
    • Elam Holds Denver Broncosí franchise records for career field goals (368), field goal attempts (459) and field goal percentage (.802) as well as extra points made (568), extra point attempts (571) and points scored (1,672).
    • Elam is the fastest player in NFL history to reach 1,600 points, by doing it in 211 games. He also is second in league history in converting 50+ yard field goals with 36.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Latrobe, PA
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Here's some Elam stats I put in my blog at Total Broncos

    • Record 63 yard field goal
    • 2007 marked his 15th straight season of 100+ points, a record both in total number of seasons and consecutive seasons.
    • 371 straight PATís (1993-2002), which is a record that still stands today.
    • Entering 2007, he also held the highest PAT conversion rate (.995) in league history.
    • Late in 2007, Elam passed John Elway (234) in games played by a Bronco, moving into first place in franchise history.
    • Elam has scored at least one point in 236 straight games (every game of his career), which is second to Morton Anderson.
    • Elam has been to the Pro Bowl three times.
    • Entered 2007 ranked seventh in NFL history in career field goals, 11th in field goal attempts, seventh in extra points made, eighth in extra point attempts and ninth in points scored.
    • Elam Holds Denver Broncosí franchise records for career field goals (368), field goal attempts (459) and field goal percentage (.802) as well as extra points made (568), extra point attempts (571) and points scored (1,672).
    • Elam is the fastest player in NFL history to reach 1,600 points, by doing it in 211 games. He also is second in league history in converting 50+ yard field goals with 36.

    • Elam tied the longest field goal ever made.
    just thought i would add that

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by broooks77 View Post
    just thought i would add that
    That was the first one on my list. I left out the tied part, as by the current standards, Dempsey's (is that who had the other one?) would have been counted as a 62 yarder and Elam's was a 63 yarder.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    18,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    I knew this was going to happen..... how you ask?

    does anyone re-call the last game of the season we had another kicker on the team and he was young guy and I think he kicked a field goal for us

    so ya I sort of saw this coming

    Apparently you were the only person who saw that, seeing as Jason Elam was the only player who even attempted field goals for Denver in the 2007 season.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    1,861
    Anybody remember how many field goes Elam missed in the first few games last year?? There were a bunch of them, even if they were overshadowed by the last minute successful ones.

    I love Elam, he's been a Bronco staple. But he is getting old. I have no problem with him sticking around, but not at his current salary. it's too much to pay for an old leg. It's time to bring in some new blood to mesh with the rest of the young guys on our team.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Anybody remember how many field goes Elam missed in the first few games last year?? There were a bunch of them, even if they were overshadowed by the last minute successful ones.

    I love Elam, he's been a Bronco staple. But he is getting old. I have no problem with him sticking around, but not at his current salary. it's too much to pay for an old leg. It's time to bring in some new blood to mesh with the rest of the young guys on our team.
    Jason Elam missed two field goals in the first game, but he also made three, especially the game winner.

    Week 2 he only missed 1, while making 3 others.


    The rest of the season he was perfect.


    I would say an 87% accuracy is pretty darn good for the season.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    183
    This is just absolutley crazy..I mean this is JAson Elam we are talking about...The man has done so much for us and it is not like he can't still kick..When he is on the field I know that he is going to make it..If we dont get a deal done by the 29 th some other team is going to offer him a good salary and we will loose him..Not acceptable at all COME ON MIKE GET THIS DONE or I might have to start to agree with some fans on here that you HAVE LOST IT!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by hudd76; 02-26-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: fixing mistakes

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Jason Elam missed two field goals in the first game, but he also made three, especially the game winner.

    Week 2 he only missed 1, while making 3 others.


    The rest of the season he was perfect.


    I would say an 87% accuracy is pretty darn good for the season.
    He was perfect from week 3-17?
    I didn't know that. I remember in week 1 when he missed that 2nd FG. I fell of the couch and was pretty upset and someone called me to ask me if I was pissed at him. But I said that he would get another chance and that I could never be pissed at Elam.

    I wish we would have drafted Crosby last year though.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dover, Delaware
    Posts
    44
    Is he looking for crazy money? Multi-year deal? I have mixed feelings here also. He knows what he could get on the open market. If he is trying to go bananas rich... I say no. Fair market value should be the least he is offered. Old or not. Kickers play for quite a while.
    One on One, Man against Man. The Air is Thin up Here. Bring it.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    He was perfect from week 3-17?
    I didn't know that.
    Okay, I was wrong.. he missed 1 field goal from week 3 to week 17.

    That's almost just as good as being perfect.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonelam...s?id=ELA548409

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Okay, I was wrong.. he missed 1 field goal from week 3 to week 17.

    That's almost just as good as being perfect.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonelam...s?id=ELA548409
    Well thats still pretty good. I didn't see him really miss much I guess now that I think about it. Maybe because we always go for it on 4th down nowadays?

    But 1 missed FG in a 15 week span is pretty good stuff.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    45

    Elam's return still on hold

    Elam's return still on hold
    By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post

    Article Last Updated: 02/25/2008 02:32:34 PM MST


    All potential free agents consider 10 p.m. MST Thursday to be a hard deadline for negotiations with their current teams. It's an especially firm threshold for the Broncos and kicker Jason Elam.

    If Elam isn't re-signed by Friday, he will put his career on hold as he continues his travels abroad.

    Having just returned from Iraq, Elam is leaving this weekend for Israel, where he will be part of a Holy Land group that will also include Broncos center Tom Nalen, and former linemen Matt Lepsis and Dan Neil.



    Wow, if he isn't re-signed by Friday, he will put his career on hold? It seems like he wants to play for the Broncos or no where at all. If nothing pans out with the broncos, I do believe he may hang up his cleats already. Thanks for the great years Jason!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    986
    As we ALL have said before....

    He will get signed....
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    As we ALL have said before....

    He will get signed....
    He better get signed! Or just mark that up as another thing we need to adress this off season.
    [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/bailey-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][QUOTE=RiversOWNSDonks;2160005]Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that![/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"] O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
    This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB! [/SIZE][/FONT]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •