Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moss Staying and Briggs to SF

I can not get this to pull up. would you please post the article.

Quote Originally Posted by redsandcowboy View Post
    The site crashed me. While I was there, I couldn't find the Briggs deal. THe Moss deal was expected.
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by redsandcowboy View Post
    Citing two NFL sources, AOL Sports' Sean Jensen reports Randy Moss is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" to stay in New England. There was never much doubt Moss would stay with the Super Bowl runner-ups. Moss' deal, which can't become official until Friday at 12AM, figures to make him the NFL's richest wideout, though it may be surpassed by Larry Fitzgerald's deal later in the offseason. The contract is expected to be for three years, $30 million with $12-15 million guaranteed.

Jensen adds that impending free agent Lance Briggs is slated to sign with San Francisco.

Wasn't Chicago accusing the 'Niners of talking to Briggs before they were allowed? I wonder if that will be an issue.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Wasn't Chicago accusing the 'Niners of talking to Briggs before they were allowed? I wonder if that will be an issue.
    Not sure. They may be to distracted with signing Grosman to a one year contract and Orton to a two year........Orton ok but Grosman What gives!

Chicago wont let Briggs go.
    My adopted Bronco is \
    My adopted poster is FlatlanderFan
    I was adopted by saltybuggah

The league really should crack down on teams talking to players too early. It's not fair to the other teams who want a fair chance to look at a guy.

If this is true SF will have a pretty amazing LB core.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsstinkr View Post

Chicago wont let Briggs go.
    Yes they will. For one, they don't have much of a choice unless they out bid. Two, he's made it very clear that he wants out of the spotlight of Urlacher, and wants to have his own team. He doesn't want back in Chicago.

I wonder if Chicago realizes that the signing of Grossman will literally scare players AWAY from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yes they will. For one, they don't have much of a choice unless they out bid. Two, he's made it very clear that he wants out of the spotlight of Urlacher, and wants to have his own team. He doesn't want back in Chicago.

I wonder if Chicago realizes that the signing of Grossman will literally scare players AWAY from them.
    niners are willis's team now, he's gonna go from being under urlachers shadow to being under willis's

Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE View Post
    niners are willis's team now, he's gonna go from being under urlachers shadow to being under willis's
    I was thinkin' the samething.

Regardless, having those two would make an awesome LB corp.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE View Post
    granted. I' was basically just repeating what he said LAST offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

Urlacher might be gone. I have not checked lately but he had back surgery about a month ago and I believe I heard something about him being done!
    I would be a big loss to the NFL in itself but when the time comes the time comes.
    My adopted Bronco is \

And I was right. Briggs singed a six year contratct.
    My adopted Bronco is \

Looks like we still have a chance at Moss, he's still only expected to sign. Nothing offical yet, hopefully Bowlen will offer an contract he can't say no to. I don't really care about what he's done in the past, but him on this team will just be sick. It'll be like having TO and Randy on the same team, heck it is having TO and Randy on the same team. Only that this TO is younger and less problematic.