Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    849

    How about instead of trading for Robertson we trade for Marcus Stroud or Jenkins?

    Honestly I think ill throw something if we trade foxy and a 2nd rounder for Robertson, hes not as dominant as Shaun Rogers, honestly people are overrating him.

    But I saw Marcus Stroud might be for sale if this is correct. as is Kris Jenkins.

    saw it on PFT

    Though few quality interior defensive linemen can be had in free agency, several are available on the trade market.

    Joining Shaun Rogers of the Lions, Dewayne Robertson of the Jets, and Kris Jenkins of the Panthers is Marcus Stroud of the Jaguars.

    A league source has confirmed that Stroud has been given permission to shop himself in a trade. Under his contract, Stroud is due to receive salaries of $5 million, $5.5 million, and $6 million over the next three seasons.

    Last year, Stroud was suspended for four games due to a violation of the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances. He also missed several games due to injury.

    If Stroud is traded, the Jags presumably will go with John Henderson and Grady Jackson at defensive tackle.

    The Falcons could be interested in Stroud, since former Jags defensive coordinator Mike Smith is now the head coach there.

    A reader tells us that the news regarding Stroud initially was reported by our friends at 1010XL in Jacksonville

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    849
    Nobody wants stroud?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,881
    I would give our 2nd and Foxy for Stroud in a heartbeat. He's a big man and nearly killed Plummer a few years ago. He will be a steal for a 2nd rounder.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,468
    Stroud is another 'roid head. one screw up from Stroud he's gone. And it seems Jax has '0' confidence in him, not to screw up.



    Jenkins could be had cheap but durability is a major concern.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Stroud is another 'roid head. one screw up from Stroud he's gone. And it seems Jax has '0' confidence in him, not to screw up.



    Jenkins could be had cheap but durability is a major concern.
    He's not a roid head. It was the first time in his career that he ever used a supplement, it was an over the counter supplement to help him rehab his ankle surgery. He didn't see anything wrong with the supplement because he read all the ingredients along with the NFL booklet for banned substances. It's not like he's sticking needles in his butt. The guy has lots of talent.

    I'll take him.
    lulz @ the Patriots

    www.youtube.com/JayCutler4MVP

    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP SEAN TAYLOR
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
    He's not a roid head. It was the first time in his career that he ever used a supplement, it was an over the counter supplement to help him rehab his ankle surgery. He didn't see anything wrong with the supplement because he read all the ingredients along with the NFL booklet for banned substances. It's not like he's sticking needles in his butt. The guy has lots of talent.

    I'll take him.
    thats basically the standard issue answer for all failed tests...pretty much a carbon copy of merriman's excuse

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
    He's not a roid head. It was the first time in his career that he ever used a supplement, it was an over the counter supplement to help him rehab his ankle surgery. He didn't see anything wrong with the supplement because he read all the ingredients along with the NFL booklet for banned substances. It's not like he's sticking needles in his butt. The guy has lots of talent.

    I'll take him.
    'Roid head or not, he broke the rules and the NFL gives players a ton of resources in regards to supplements so they never take the wrong ones. Sorry, but you don't get a 4 game suspension for a first offense either....



    No thanks.

    But again Broncos always take chances on these 'High' character guys and always gets burned in the end.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    'Roid head or not, he broke the rules and the NFL gives players a ton of resources in regards to supplements so they never take the wrong ones. Sorry, but you don't get a 4 game suspension for a first offense either....



    No thanks.

    But again Broncos always take chances on these 'High' character guys and always gets burned in the end.....
    Yes he broke the rules, but what do you expect? A perfect DT? Is there really a perfect DT? One who never gives up, one who isn't overweight, one who hasn't broke the rules, one who does what his coaches tell him, is there one?

    Probably not, so everyone here expecting the Broncos to get a PERFECT DT, wake up
    lulz @ the Patriots

    www.youtube.com/JayCutler4MVP

    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP SEAN TAYLOR
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    I'm down, I've always liked Stroud, Kris Jenkins we were "rumored" to like last year.

    Either way, get me a vet. DT, please!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
    Yes he broke the rules, but what do you expect? A perfect DT? Is there really a perfect DT? One who never gives up, one who isn't overweight, one who hasn't broke the rules, one who does what his coaches tell him, is there one?

    Probably not, so everyone here expecting the Broncos to get a PERFECT DT, wake up
    I'm wide awake. No such thing as a perfect DT, but there is a reason why these players are being dumped into the trash heap. They are cancers. The Denver Broncos already have cancers on the team.

    There is nothing wrong with going after Jovan Haye (RFA), Rod Coleman, Kris Jenkins, Tommy Kelley especially if their role is going to be in a rotational D. They will be cheaper have alot less baggage and probably contribute more than Stroud and Rogers. No matter who Denver brings in as DT, one will have to be drafted for insurance and depth.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    I'm wide awake. No such thing as a perfect DT, but there is a reason why these players are being dumped into the trash heap. They are cancers. The Denver Broncos already have cancers on the team.

    There is nothing wrong with going after Jovan Haye (RFA), Rod Coleman, Kris Jenkins, Tommy Kelley especially if their role is going to be in a rotational D. They will be cheaper have alot less baggage and probably contribute more than Stroud and Rogers. No matter who Denver brings in as DT, one will have to be drafted for insurance and depth.
    No, Tommy Kelly just signed the largest deal ever by a DT. So they are not going to come cheap and with that kind of dough, we need them to play every snap.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
    No, Tommy Kelly just signed the largest deal ever by a DT. So they are not going to come cheap and with that kind of dough, we need them to play every snap.
    Ya just saw that QQ. He was coming off ACL injury. Guess that is why they tagged Asomugha instead.

    Lancane is not gonna be a happy camper.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Kris Jenkins has already said he will not play anywhere other then the NE United States, specifically Baltimore, Washington, or the NY area, as he wants to be close to his family. So, he's out.


    Marcus Stroud is one goof from a year suspension, and a chronically degenerating ankle, and is owed massive salaries for the next few years.


    Robertson from the Jets is our best case scenario at DT in a trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •