• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mx_stiles13
    Banned User
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    you are aware 40 time is the MOST accurate thing for speed ever right?

Colbert isn't a burner but your argument is weak at best.
    Whats up with the hate?

"Your argument is weak"

I am just saying that he doesn't have the speed to be called a deep threat.

Comment

• JoRo
      Playmaker
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      So what you are saying.. is that when you include the Broncos in that list... 50% of the NFL teams have not signed a single FA. Hmmmm.... I guess we ARE the least active team in the league

about 2/3 of the league haven't pursued a blockbuster deal is waht I am saying, and Houston may have signed that corner... but seriously how much did that cost them?

Betcha it wasn't as much as Moss would us... or some of these others players that people wanted...
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• JoRo
        Playmaker
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
        Whats up with the hate?

"Your argument is weak"

I am just saying that he doesn't have the speed to be called a deep threat.
        I am just tired of overrating the 40 and such. No hate intended it's just kinda vented at you a lil since so many people are whining for FA's

No hate intended though
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• mx_stiles13
          Banned User
          • Jan 2008

Excuse me but he has an 88 speed rating in Madden

How do we tell who is right?

Comment

• JoRo
            Playmaker
            • Jun 2004

Madden is ALWAYS RIGHT
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• pipes
              <- the man!
              • Feb 2005

For years Emmitt Smith's speed rating was 90+ when it should've been like 80.

I never trust Madden after that.

Comment

• BroncoRT
                Special Teams
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pipes View Post
                For years Emmitt Smith's speed rating was 90+ when it should've been like 80.

I never trust Madden after that.
                With his man love for Brett Favre, his speed rating would be a 1,000!
                The three Keys to football
                1. Turnovers
                2. Field Position
                3. Red Zone Play

Comment

• Orale Holmes
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2008

yo lets be honest with ourselves about this years Free Agency market. The top tier free agents are in positions we do not need. With the exception of DT...and I don't know about you guys but Shaun Rogers is a chili dog away from being out of the league. I like the focus away from FA and more on the draft. Did any of you even watch the combine? There are a plethora of talented players this year...we'll come out a better team with speed and youth than a bunch of players being over-paid for work they don't do very well.

Examples of this can be seen across the NFL. Giants with their young speed on the line. (w/o Strahan). Green Bay is young as hell on D...a couple years ago when Indy was in it had some great young players that now have a superbowl ring.

No need to get crazy over guys like Vilma, Rogers, or anyone else thats a Free Agent. We'll land some great talent in the draft and look foward to the future.

Denver is always going to contend...trust that.

Comment

• shafer
                    Practice Squad
                    • Sep 2007

Regardless of his 40 time, if he is worth a $#!7, he will become better by working out against Champ and Dre’. So the argument about his being a speed demon or Ravage in a Rascal Scooter is pretty pointless. Lets just see what shakes loose during camp.

On the bright side, at least he should be able to make it off the field before the next play. Unlike another player we picked up last year. Cough…Sam….Cough…The fat bag of $#!& Adams…Cough. See there is a silver lining.

P.S.
                    Ravage, I thought the Rascal Scooter bit was pretty witty so don‘t get bent. Yeah Baby.

Comment

• pipes
                      <- the man!
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Orale Holmes View Post
                      yo lets be honest with ourselves about this years Free Agency market. The top tier free agents are in positions we do not need. With the exception of DT...and I don't know about you guys but Shaun Rogers is a chili dog away from being out of the league. I like the focus away from FA and more on the draft. Did any of you even watch the combine? There are a plethora of talented players this year...we'll come out a better team with speed and youth than a bunch of players being over-paid for work they don't do very well.

Examples of this can be seen across the NFL. Giants with their young speed on the line. (w/o Strahan). Green Bay is young as hell on D...a couple years ago when Indy was in it had some great young players that now have a superbowl ring.

No need to get crazy over guys like Vilma, Rogers, or anyone else thats a Free Agent. We'll land some great talent in the draft and look foward to the future.

Denver is always going to contend...trust that.
                      I think you're right.

Though the draft does look pretty slim at the safety and quarterback positions.... (luckily Denver is set a QB)

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                        Trouble
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BroncoRT View Post
                        Two problems with Robertson. I believe he will cost about $11 million and the Jets want a second rounder for him. He is not worth that.
                        The jets asked for a second rounder, and couldn't get offers. The Jets asked a 3rd, adn couldn't get any offers. OBviously he would have to renegotiate his contract, thats a given. But other than the normal renegotiating (which almost every FA does) he can be traded for less than a 2nd rounder. Considering the Jets have already signed other DTs, they will NEED to get rid of him for sure.

Comment

• BroncosTX77
                          Rainman
                          • Sep 2006

Going rate for starting DT's is 3rd and a 5th.

Denver doesnt have a 3rd....

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                            Trouble
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                            Going rate for starting DT's is 3rd and a 5th.

Denver doesnt have a 3rd....
                            that can be accounted for by simply trading places or moving.. or a player.

Comment

• broncs2bowl
                              Practice Squad
                              • Mar 2006

A fourth would probably get it done for Robertson but it may not.

If it doesnt the Jets will cut him because of his salary and due to our limited amount of work in FA we should be able to pick him up.

If all we do is pick up Robertson and someone else(Bailey?) then I would be estatic. If we dont pick up Dewayne I will be PISSED

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                              2) Devin Thomas
                              4) Frank Okam
                              4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                              2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                              4) Frank Okam
                              4) Beau Bell

Comment

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
                                Banned User
                                • Apr 2004

Foxworth and a 5th Rounder would get it done with the Jets. They need CBs badly. And Foxworth's value is that of a 3rd rounder.

The problem is that Foxworth is extremely versatile and valuable, and if someone gets hurt (Bly, Bailey), we would need him to start. He has the ability to be extremely good.

I don't think I would trade Foxworth unless the team is certain it can't resign him next offseason, then I would. And its completely possible the Jets are still working on ironing out a deal with Foxworth long term before a trade like that happens.

I think there's some coinky-dink between the team with the worst DT situation in the NFL and the team with one of the worst CB situations in the NFL being linked to trades and sitting quietly while everyone else at those positions is signed.

I think if we can pick up Dewayne Robertson, then this offseason is suddenly going well. We just need one immediate starting DT who is strong against the run. We needed some WR depth with talent, we got that. And we need some OT depth with talent in Free Agency still as well. And LB depth, but we appear to be working on that.

There's still hope for us, but its fleeting. The silence by both the Jets and Broncos gives me hope something is in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X