Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New GM....PLEASE!

Why can't the broncos ever sign on of the many quality players we pursue every off season?

We were supposed to need a DT. Options were Stroud(very good), Shaun Rogers(Cutler knows how good he is), and that guy from the Jets.

stroud went to THE BILLS for what??? a late round draft pick

Rogers went elsewhere and so did the guy from the Jets i do believe.

we could have easily made our draft options a little simpler.

*** I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OUR UNDER TALENTED TEAM NEXT YEAR!!!
    (and this year we actually thought they would be goodLOL)

stroud would have been sweet...it makes me mad too dude
    Learn From Every One...Idolize No One

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    Why can't the broncos ever sign on of the many quality players we pursue every off season?

We were supposed to need a DT. Options were Stroud(very good), Shaun Rogers(Cutler knows how good he is), and that guy from the Jets.

Losing Javon Walker to Free Agency is costing your team a cap hit of $7 million. All of which is taking up cap space that could've been used on any of the players you cite above. Shanny just doesn't seem to have a grasp of what it takes to be a GM. He should stick to coaching...

Ride the Lightning!
    [B]Bolts hand Denver its worst home loss since 1966[/B]

"I don't know if I've ever been more embarrassed," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said following a 41-3 home loss to the Chargers, the Broncos third straight defeat against their AFC West rival. "I don't think our players have ever been more embarrassed to put on that type of show." - October 7, 2007
    [url]http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7112334[/url]

wow.. another whining thread about us not going out and signing all the BIG name players..... what a shocker

I agree

I am not going to throw this team under the bus already

but

its just seeing all this names that we can afford and would help our team just flying out of the window and we did not even try to get

ur totaly rite lol Free agency is teh only way to repair a team. God why can't we be like the Browns and trade away all of our first day draft picks and give a ton of high risk high reward(?) players 30 million dollar contracts.

We have been doing this for years, and it put us in salary cap hell. We simply can't afford to keep dishing out huge contracts in free agency and wish for the best. The Broncos have to do what successful teams to, repair through the draft. We will sign one or two big free agents and then let the draft take care of the rest. Shanny's "sign big name FA's and draft 2nd" philosophy obviously hasn't been working, so he's going the "draft first big name FA's second" route. It's going to work out for the best.

Do the Colts go crazy in FA every year? The Steelers? Green Bay? Giants? Chargers? Hmmm Wonder why they're the most successful teams in the league right now...

<- Ready for the salute

The Skins did that exact same thing for many years. Now they realize you can not build a superbowl team like that. That is why they are not attacking through free agency and not trading away all of their draft picks.

Just because a team does not over pay and build entirely though free agency does not mean they are not doing anything. These players went for 3rd rounders which we do not have. Also 3rd rounders are not "late Picks".

Do you need some cheese with that wine

Building through draft is what Bronco fans have been crying about for the past few years, now that it's finally happening guys like you are crying that we aren't over spending for injury prone head cases. I wanted Rogers as well, but there are rookies that are just as good if not better than an over wait slob. We might as well bring back Kieth Trayler Lets let things fall into place before we make any foolish comments about who or what makes this a disappointing season

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

you need to have a good balance. we sign crappy FA we get crappy results . . . .besides graham who was the last solid pick up that wasnt a huge risk, and of course hindsight is 20/20. but i think we were blinded by being bronco fans on half of these signings last year

sam adams, rice, henry, we never pick up the good FA
    -------

Actually i am very happy with how things have gone so far. None of the other teams in our division have improved tons either. If people would notice that mediocre players are getting way too much money than this wouldn't be the 103293 thread on this crap. For example yes the browns got some good players but did you see how much money cory and shaun got from them, not to mention stallworth and anderson. They might have some very good players but the cant afford the good role players which are the reasons you win championships. look at how much money Berrian and Kelly got and they are nothing special. And you want Stroud, im sure he will have a nice fat contract. We dont have alot of money and if you look at it we aren't in as big of a hole as people think. We basically have the same defense as last year and we have a good offense that is young and growing. We have some areas that we can address such as dt and lb and possibly rb/wr/s in the draft. But this team will be better simply because of the scheme we will run next year. The slowick scheme should be a better fit for us because we are generally more of an undersized speed team. I think everyone just needs to see where we are going and what we will be doing and in fact we are headed in the right direction. Hey its how the great teams like New England and the Colts have won superbowls, draft smart then the occasional FA to put you over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    you need to have a good balance. we sign crappy FA we get crappy results . . . .besides graham who was the last solid pick up that wasnt a huge risk, and of course hindsight is 20/20. but i think we were blinded by being bronco fans on half of these signings last year

sam adams, rice, henry, we never pick up the good FA
    So... are you for signign FA's or against it?

It seemed like yesterday you were mad that Denver wasn't signing any big name players.

Yet, today you say that those big names that we signed last year haven't panned out.

well yes i do want some damn cheese.

I had this SAME exact feeling when i learned DJ was gonna be playing the middle.

i said GREAT. Now our D is gonna be nothing but confusion. SURE ENOUGH.

we sucked major. it was embarrassing. you know why? Shanahan invited Bates to try his hand at being a GM.

he said hey Jim. I suck at this. YOU GIVE IT A SHOT!

O.K. Mike! lets sign a bunch of bum D linemen and outside linebackers then lets move are dumbass into the middle. Sounds great? SOUNDS TERRIFIC!

nothing against DJ he is tight but im sure HE is even tired of not knowing what position he could be playing next year.

i hear we need a kicker.

Wasn't that exactly what we did last offseason?

This thread is a failure.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

well yes i do want some damn cheese.

I had this SAME exact feeling when i learned DJ was gonna be playing the middle.

i said GREAT. Now our D is gonna be nothing but confusion. SURE ENOUGH

we sucked major. it was embarrassing. you know why? Shanahan invited Bates to try his hand at being a GM.

he said hey Jim. I suck at this. YOU GIVE IT A SHOT!

O.K. Mike! lets sign a bunch of bum D linemen and outside linebackers then lets move are dumbass into the middle. Sounds great? SOUNDS TERRIFIC!

nothing against DJ he is tight but im sure HE is even tired of not knowing what position he could be playing next year.

i hear we need a kicker.
    Your absolutely right, DJ was the reason our defense collapsed in 2007. It couldn't possibly have been because we didn't have quality DT's to help him out or the fact that injuries plagued the team. Let's blame it all on DJ, please think before talk and help others from banging their heads on tables or anything hard

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco