Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where I hang my hat
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    wow.. another whining thread about us not going out and signing all the BIG name players..... what a shocker
    Short term memory around here with some things. I was really hoping we would go out and sign a ton of players this year too. Afterall, we did it the last 4-5 off seasons and it has worked out really well **dripping with complete sarcasm**

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    So... are you for signign FA's or against it?

    It seemed like yesterday you were mad that Denver wasn't signing any big name players.

    Yet, today you say that those big names that we signed last year haven't panned out.
    im for signing good FA in the prime of their careers. not has beens or guys nearing the end of there careers (stokley) yeah he good but how much longer will he be around

    we never seem to go after the big name guys with no problems and thats the frustrating part
    -------

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohiohell
    Posts
    68
    Shanny tries to build thru f.a. and it did'nt work so lots of people call him an idiot, say he should build thru the draft. Shanny goes the latter route and some people call for his head, ask why the hell is'nt he going after all the big f.a.'s. Give the guy a break. I personally think the guy is awesome, he knows his way did'nt work so he adapted the build thru the draft mentality. I could almost gaurantee if he signed Rodgers and it did'nt work out, the very people calling for the signing would be the first ones here saying Shanny's an idiot for signing the guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    933

    Smile Spoiled Fans

    As it has been stated numerous times, all the winning (under Shannahan) has spoiled the Bronco fans. The Bronco organization remains one of the best in the league and will keep the team competitive. Imagine if you were a Charger's fan. One trip to the super bowl and they get their rears stomped. Right now, they are on top, but it only happens for a short time every decade. At the start of the last season, the Broncos had the most wins over the last decade. I guess that isn't good enough for the organization to earn a little respect.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,421
    so the owner points out that we wont pay the big bucks in free agency and everyone is shocked its actually happening

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1

    dang

    i'm ticked off too, we need to strengthen the defense front 8 with experienced veterans who arent 35 and who are hungry for championships

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    774
    I agree with building through the draft. I just hope the Broncos are working on a way to stockpile picks. There are way too many holes to fill without additional selections. And so help me, if the Broncos draft a WR in the 1st round you're gonna hear me scream all the way from south Texas!
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycuzchamp View Post
    i'm ticked off too, we need to strengthen the defense front 8 with experienced veterans who arent 35 and who are hungry for championships
    yeah.. cause all those YOUNG stud players that play great and are hungry for championships are just GROWING on trees to grab.....

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where I hang my hat
    Posts
    7,742
    I would be happy if the only FA we sign from here on out is Bryant Johnson and or D Robertson!

    Save the rest for the draft.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    615
    lol don't u guys know FA and trades are the best way to build an e1337 team?! I jez trade my draft picks away every year on Madden and sign all the big names in FA and I win the super bowl ever year!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    Wasn't that exactly what we did last offseason?

    This thread is a failure.
    come on.

    daniel graham? was he gonna be the arial answer that the front office had the fans believing in?? um NO. look who the pats did better with....kyle brady.

    how about dre bly? OH THATS RIGHT. he didnt even want to be here! i wonder why. its kinda hard to sign big name players when they dont even want to play here because why?

    WE MAKE EVERYBODY TAKE PAY CUTS.

    EVERY YEAR. the players that have been holding this team together on the field are asked to hold the team together financially...champ bailey? restructer
    walker? you got hurt you HAVE to restructure. how about rod smith and jake takin pay cuts every year. they were solid too.

    i just hate the way we treat our players, and if you are holding the team together on the field you shall be rewarded. we are sending the wrong message. basically saying. if you are average we will keep ur contract up.

    im sorry one more thing.

    rod smith. i love the man. but he should have hung em up 3 years ago. i love the favoritism here. jerry rice you are the GOAT. we dont need you cuz we have rod smith in the slot.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    717
    for all you naysayers that say we should build through the draft.

    i agree with you i mean....look at the chargers. they did it with their 8 men in the box pretty much...plus cromartie. i dont feel like spelling right.

    but guess what guys. we have WAY to many needs this year because for one.
    pretty much all of our beautiful draft picks from 07 are major busts. thank you.
    Jarvis Moss? i mean it doesnt take a talent scout to realize the guy is a twig and will have more injury problems that the freak in philly. wait he wont even be in the league long enough for that.

    we have glaring holes here: DE, both DTs, the WHOLE OLINE, receiver, OLB, MLB, Safety, Punter, Kicker, Holder, kick off coverage, we damn sure need a returner(rip dwill i loved watching you). most importantly we need a quality back-up QB. Ramsey is a bona fide emergency QB. FACT.

    this year we cannot just go through the draft and expect to draft 9 pro bowlers.

    this thread does not reak of failure. our front office reaks of failure. complacency. and horrible play calling.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    for all you naysayers that say we should build through the draft.

    i agree with you i mean....look at the chargers. they did it with their 8 men in the box pretty much...plus cromartie. i dont feel like spelling right.

    but guess what guys. we have WAY to many needs this year because for one.
    pretty much all of our beautiful draft picks from 07 are major busts. thank you.
    Jarvis Moss? i mean it doesnt take a talent scout to realize the guy is a twig and will have more injury problems that the freak in philly. wait he wont even be in the league long enough for that.

    we have glaring holes here: DE, both DTs, the WHOLE OLINE, receiver, OLB, MLB, Safety, Punter, Kicker, Holder, kick off coverage, we damn sure need a returner(rip dwill i loved watching you). most importantly we need a quality back-up QB. Ramsey is a bona fide emergency QB. FACT.

    this year we cannot just go through the draft and expect to draft 9 pro bowlers.

    this thread does not reak of failure. our front office reaks of failure. complacency. and horrible play calling.


    And your a Bronco fan because???

    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are already calling last years picks busts after their rookie year, it doesn't get much more absurd than that. If you think our biggest need is a back up QB than I think your knowledge of the team falls extremely short. Ramsey is actually considered to be a very good back up QB. We are fine with our DE's.....Dumerville, Moss, Crowder, Ekuban and Engleberger will hold their own, believe me. Fixing the DT position will make our LB's better so that has got to be our biggest need. Nobody expects to draft 9 pro-bowlers, but people do expect to draft quality depth and that is exactly what is going to happen.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    for all you naysayers that say we should build through the draft.

    i agree with you i mean....look at the chargers. they did it with their 8 men in the box pretty much...plus cromartie. i dont feel like spelling right.

    but guess what guys. we have WAY to many needs this year because for one.
    pretty much all of our beautiful draft picks from 07 are major busts. thank you.
    Jarvis Moss? i mean it doesnt take a talent scout to realize the guy is a twig and will have more injury problems that the freak in philly. wait he wont even be in the league long enough for that.

    we have glaring holes here: DE, both DTs, the WHOLE OLINE, receiver, OLB, MLB, Safety, Punter, Kicker, Holder, kick off coverage, we damn sure need a returner(rip dwill i loved watching you). most importantly we need a quality back-up QB. Ramsey is a bona fide emergency QB. FACT.

    this year we cannot just go through the draft and expect to draft 9 pro bowlers.

    this thread does not reak of failure. our front office reaks of failure. complacency. and horrible play calling.
    your entire post REEKS of failure.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    for all you naysayers that say we should build through the draft.

    i agree with you i mean....look at the chargers. they did it with their 8 men in the box pretty much...plus cromartie. i dont feel like spelling right.

    but guess what guys. we have WAY to many needs this year because for one.
    pretty much all of our beautiful draft picks from 07 are major busts. thank you.
    Jarvis Moss? i mean it doesnt take a talent scout to realize the guy is a twig and will have more injury problems that the freak in philly. wait he wont even be in the league long enough for that.

    we have glaring holes here: DE, both DTs, the WHOLE OLINE, receiver, OLB, MLB, Safety, Punter, Kicker, Holder, kick off coverage, we damn sure need a returner(rip dwill i loved watching you). most importantly we need a quality back-up QB. Ramsey is a bona fide emergency QB. FACT.

    this year we cannot just go through the draft and expect to draft 9 pro bowlers.

    this thread does not reak of failure. our front office reaks of failure. complacency. and horrible play calling.
    I understand what you are trying to say......but you are wrong big time.

    Anyone who actually thinks that building through the draft can be accomplished in one draft is unrealistic. It doesnt work like that. It takes a few years.

    To say that basically every position on the Broncos is a hole is not accurate at all. We have some needs yes, but not every position has "glaring holes".

    Jarvis Moss is a major bust? Did you even see him play enough this past season to get an accurate judgment?

    You exaggerate far too much for anyone with common sense to give you any intelligent credibility.

    The only part of your post I somewhat concur with is the last sentence...."our front office reaks of failure. complacency. and horrible play calling."

    The team has made some bad decisions, I agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •