Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Hooray!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    111

    Hooray!

    Nick Koutouvides and Keary Colbert have instantly made us a threat for the Super Bowl. . . . . . . . . .Give me a break! I'd rather have Walker and Gold! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,608
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Nick Koutouvides and Keary Colbert have instantly made us a threat for the Super Bowl. . . . . . . . . .Give me a break! I'd rather have Walker and Gold! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Yeah we should have gotten Briggs and Moss and we would win the Super Bowl despite not having enough money to afford any draft pick because combined they cost 15 mil a year. We need cheap free agents not overpaid crybabies. At least Colbert will put up 30-40 catches and 5-6 touchdown while allowing Stokley to stay in the slot where he is best suited and Brandon Marshall will just rape anybody that tries to cover him. Koutouvides never had a chance to start in Seattle we'll just have to wait and see what he can do. He could end up playing as well as Tully Banta-Cain did last year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yeah we should have gotten Briggs and Moss and we would win the Super Bowl despite not having enough money to afford any draft pick because combined they cost 15 mil a year. We need cheap free agents not overpaid crybabies. At least Colbert will put up 30-40 catches and 5-6 touchdown while allowing Stokley to stay in the slot where he is best suited and Brandon Marshall will just rape anybody that tries to cover him. Koutouvides never had a chance to start in Seattle we'll just have to wait and see what he can do. He could end up playing as well as Tully Banta-Cain did last year.
    Before my fellow samoan brother Tatupu there was Koutouvides, before Koutouvides there was Levon Kirkland, before Kirkland there was. . . . . KOUTOUVIDES! He's had a number of opportunities to show what he can do!
    He sure as hell won't win any starting spot here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Denver isn't expected to compete for a SuperBowl next year anyways.

    I would have thought the lack of movement in free agency, along with the countless threads, would have tipped off the fact that Denver is indeed rebuilding.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    These weren't picks that were intended to light the world on fire and be big SPLASHES. If you thought we were going to be SB contenders this year by signing a BUNCH of big name FA's... then you were silly with too high of expectations, and expectations that were unrealistic.

    Considering your expectations are unrealistic, don't be surprised that they aren't met.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,325
    If Denver keeps looking for the quick fix and a long shot super bowl run we're never going to develop into the team we want to be again... That is a year in year out threat at the big game, a team with a strong dependent core that is accommodated with talent, youth and free agents. The truth is we are no where near the elite teams in the league right now. We are indeed rebuilding, don't be too blind to see it. Shanahan might as well be spelling it out for us with his moves in free agency.

    Just another poster who knows more than the big man himself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Colbert is a number four wideout right now, and Koutouvides was basically hired as our special teams ace/leader, sort of what we had with Burns. I do not think these two were signed to be more then that...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NEWARK, DELAWARE
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Nick Koutouvides and Keary Colbert have instantly made us a threat for the Super Bowl. . . . . . . . . .Give me a break! I'd rather have Walker and Gold! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Relax....... its called "DEPTH". Koutouvides will be special teamer, which by all of last years debacles is very much needed. Colbert is competition and hopefully we can get something out of him. Patience.....
    [/CENTER][B][CENTER]Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #11[/CENTER][/B]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,749
    I agree that it's a rebuilding year. No sense overspending right now.

    I really hope we pick up for the most part, the best player available with our first round. (Let there be an elite OL/DL man still there, crosses fingers.)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Nick Koutouvides and Keary Colbert have instantly made us a threat for the Super Bowl. . . . . . . . . .Give me a break! I'd rather have Walker and Gold! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Both players are for depth which we needed.....but you knew that didnt you.
    Last edited by Chidoze; 03-03-2008 at 05:26 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48
    Special teams studs are worth their weight in Ian Gold.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,608
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Before my fellow samoan brother Tatupu there was Koutouvides, before Koutouvides there was Levon Kirkland, before Kirkland there was. . . . . KOUTOUVIDES! He's had a number of opportunities to show what he can do!
    He sure as hell won't win any starting spot here.
    A few things are wrong with this post.

    1. He's not a MIKE Linebacker which is what Tatupu is.
    2. He was drafted in 2004 when Seattle had Jamie Sharper starting who was pretty good then.
    3. Levon Kirkland only played with the Seahawks in 2001 and Niko wasn't drafted until 2004.

    If your going to criticize someone research them first.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denver-6th generation
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Denver isn't expected to compete for a SuperBowl next year anyways.

    I would have thought the lack of movement in free agency, along with the countless threads, would have tipped off the fact that Denver is indeed rebuilding.
    I know you saw this coming: Lack of activity in free agency does not indicate that we are not gunning for the Super Bowl. Kawika Mitchell was the only free agent signed by the Giants all last season. this has started a trend that we have chosen to follow. We are going to the Super Bowl if we make a handful of really smart moves, like building up our special teams. I am calling it now.

    Don't underestimate the kind of young talent we already have on this team. We were maybe 20 points and a dozen tackles from serious contention last year. Get these kids in the playoffs and we have a great shot at it all.
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Now live in South Jersey.
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Nick Koutouvides and Keary Colbert have instantly made us a threat for the Super Bowl. . . . . . . . . .Give me a break! I'd rather have Walker and Gold! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I didn't know this many bronco fans are so pesimistic.
    Are you looking at this realistically or just being silly about it?
    We are trying not to over spend and still keep our draft picks.
    Everybody making moves has the money and are willing to throw away picks
    right now denver isn't relax.
    one or two moves this week and then the draft we can fill all the holes.
    take it down a notch.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by armchair scout View Post
    Don't underestimate the kind of young talent we already have on this team. We were maybe 20 points and a dozen tackles from serious contention last year. Get these kids in the playoffs and we have a great shot at it all.
    20 points and a dozen tackles?

    We were also 20 points and a dozen tackles from a 3-13 season.

    We have holes at virtually every impact position on both sides of the ball with the exception of QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •