Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by armchair scout View Post
    in similar news...lol

rotoworld:

Raiders agreed to terms with T Kwame Harris on a three-year, $16 million contract.
    Oakland had a close-up look for Harris' struggles, but that didn't discourage them. While this makes the Raiders slightly less likely to draft a tackle with the fourth overall pick, Harris will probably best be used as a reserve "swing" tackle.
    They paid how much?!?!! Holy crap thats the second player the raiders broke the bank on. Do they have any money left to sign the crybaby? That's really funny. Kwame isn't worth half of that 16 million.
    [/CENTER][B][CENTER]Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #11[/CENTER][/B]

He is getting Randy Moss money....... WOW!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277219
    http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1...ftstrazwm7.jpg

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Time for champ to own him
    Learn From Every One...Idolize No One

Quote Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    He is getting Randy Moss money....... WOW!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277219

Just saw it and laughed!!!

Leave it to the Raiders to overspend for a guy with 2 knee injuries in 3 years.

They paid more for this guy than the Pats paid for Moss. Amazing. Glad to see them ruining their cap!

Javon Walker...

Looks like Javon is the new Kennison.....

Okay I was ACTUALLY going to cheer for Javon next year but not now lol, I am seriously waiting for our secondary to light him up or shut em down, Moss never had a good game again us and he's 10x better than J-Walk now. But at least he ca ncontinue to cry and get his way and wear 84 now that Jerry is gone. It is a good signing for them tho in some ways. However, I see B-Marsh taking it to the max against J now lol...god where is football season

Who thinks one reason Al Davis signed him was to piss off Shanahan?

Looking forward to Champ shutting him down.

What a fool! That's about all I can say.

I give him props though, BIG TIME MONEY ... 55 Million with 16 Guaranteed??? WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    What a fool! That's about all I can say.

I give him props though, BIG TIME MONEY ... 55 Million with 16 Guaranteed??? WOW!
    The money makes Javon happy. Javon likes money... wait... I gotta play for what team again?

i am almost happy we didnt trade him now cause i think the raiders giving 6 years is pretty much worth it

6 years 55 mil is unbelievable its a better deal than moss got haha they better hope theres no cap soon cause this is way too much

Shut em' down bailey
    Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

The BIG KICKER.

He got paid Randy Moss money (not close in durability and talent) for a team that could not make Moss shine. Bad news for Walker, he will ask for a trade next year.

Good new for the Bronco front since this off-season will set the raiders back for years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Broncos forever!!
    \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006
    [IMG]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/jmjkennedy/Me__jas.jpg[/IMG]
    My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.
    [IMG]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/jmjkennedy/MoM__Jas.jpg[/IMG]
    :wave:

Rotoworld's commentary says it all...

Al Davis has lost his mind. Even Walker's old coach Mike Shanahan said the receiver eventually needed microfracture surgery on his chronically sore knee. No one else was bidding for Walker, and many teams publicly denounced any interest. Walker gained 57 yards on seven catches in his last five games last year, and barely seemed able to run. Perhaps he'll recover, but Walker isn't worth Randy Moss money even when healthy. Like Moss' deal with Oakland, this one could end ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by badlandz View Post
    Rotoworld's commentary says it all...
    I agree with all that for the most part....

except Walker and his agent were claiming that Shanahan was not accurate in that claim. Who knows.

It's possible Javon only wanted to appear healthy to increase his value,

or that Shanahan wanted to lessen Javon's appeal to other teams to give him leverage to convice Javon to take paycut.

Either way...the Raiders ARE overpaying even if Javon is at 110% healthy.

I would love to see Javon go to the raiders. Heres a few reasons

- His knee is more likely than not to go through a few more cycles of rehab.
    - Oakland is excellent at sucking talent from WR's.
    - It will be rubbed into his face year in and year out that we are the superior team.
    - Constant reminders that B Marsh is supreme.

Then there is a downside that Javon might play out of control and lead the raiders to victory over us!!

Yeah, but not so likely.

Edit: Oh my... they signed him. With that kind of money I really think it is going to hurt their organization. This makes me happy.