Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Jason Elam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    252

    Jason Elam

    Elam not considering retirement according to agent

    Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports free-agent PK Jason Elam (Broncos) is not considering retirement if he doesn't re-sign with the Denver Broncos, according to his agent, Jack Reale. Reale said Elam already has visits planned for next week.

    Just updating on Elam!
    [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/bailey-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][QUOTE=RiversOWNSDonks;2160005]Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that![/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"] O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
    This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB! [/SIZE][/FONT]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    45

    Just a thought

    Say there are a few teams that are willing to pick up Elam at his asking price. You would have to think, those teams must have also looked at what kickers are left on FA and the Draft.

    For the Broncos, we're thinking, maybe we can get a good kicker with a good leg for much a lower price. He may not be clutch, and may not be accurate, but hey, he's a lot cheaper.

    However, we must realize that there are other teams that are willing to pursue Elam...therefore, they must feel like there aren't too many good kickers left out there. If they felt like they could get a good cheap kicker, don't you think they would be looking too? Lets not become bargain hunters, because we'll all dread the game that we lose because our new kicker fails to kick the game winner from 30 yards out and 7 seconds ticking off the clock and no time outs.

    Go Broncos

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchet45 View Post
    Say there are a few teams that are willing to pick up Elam at his asking price. You would have to think, those teams must have also looked at what kickers are left on FA and the Draft.

    For the Broncos, we're thinking, maybe we can get a good kicker with a good leg for much a lower price. He may not be clutch, and may not be accurate, but hey, he's a lot cheaper.

    However, we must realize that there are other teams that are willing to pursue Elam...therefore, they must feel like there aren't too many good kickers left out there. If they felt like they could get a good cheap kicker, don't you think they would be looking too? Lets not become bargain hunters, because we'll all dread the game that we lose because our new kicker fails to kick the game winner from 30 yards out and 7 seconds ticking off the clock and no time outs.

    Go Broncos
    The Raiders drove the dump truck to Tommy Kellys house. There where much better options in FA and the draft.

    People are weird..... Dosn't always mean there on to something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    'Cuse, New Yawk
    Posts
    5,412
    If he joins the Cowboys or Pats

    I will hate his guts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    I love Elam just as much as the next guy but come on? 3 mil for NO KICK OFFS and NO ATTEMPTS OVER 50. Does anyone remember the Houston game? We left a possible 9 pts on the field that game because Jason's leg could not hang.

    I do agree inside 40 he is just money, but almost every kicker in the NFL COULD go 90+% from that distance. I hope Elam has a nice long talk with John Lynch before making any decisions. Its hard to watch a player with a long history on a team make a "business decision" this late in his career.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    183
    UNless he comes down on his price to play we will be getting another kicker....
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=347488&dateline=1204137997[/SIGPIC]


    GO BRONCOS IN 2008[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Orange"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Live In Philadelphia
    Posts
    112
    Its funny, the last time Elam was a FA (a few years back) I was screamin don't resign him he's washed up, we'll draft someone. Now I don't know what to do, if this was last year I would've said let him go and draft a guy who played in CO. Mason Crosby, he would've been the perfect heir apparent to Elam. I don't even know if theres any good K's coming out in this years draft. We may have to sign cause there's no other option. I don't want to wake up one morning to find out someone with the last name Gramatica or Vanderjagt is our new K.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,936
    Why are there so many people beyotching about Elam not kicking off??

    He hasn't kicked off for many years now!

    Do you remember why??

    -Because he sucked at it!

    Think back to 1998, firmly in his prime, even kicked a 63 yard field goal.....his kickoffs were still average to poor.

    Remember the Super Bowl? He had short kickoff after short kickoff and gave Tim Dwight excellent return after excellent return even returning one for a touchdown. Obviously it didn't matter, that's not my point.

    My point is that he hasn't kicked off for a few seasons now and it wasn't due to a weak leg, its due to a lack of being good at it.

    He's not good at kicking off, but he's still one of the best at putting the ball through the uprights.....and I for one will think that it will be a sad day if he signs with another team....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where I hang my hat
    Posts
    7,742
    Shanny couldnt count on him for a 50 yarder last year. The guy is on the wrong side of 35 for a kicker! Although the previous post makes a good point about kickoffs, the roster spot would have been valuable last year.

    Not to mention the fact that kickers coming out of college are much better these days and more NFL ready!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejynx View Post
    Its funny, the last time Elam was a FA (a few years back) I was screamin don't resign him he's washed up, we'll draft someone. Now I don't know what to do, if this was last year I would've said let him go and draft a guy who played in CO. Mason Crosby, he would've been the perfect heir apparent to Elam. I don't even know if theres any good K's coming out in this years draft. We may have to sign cause there's no other option. I don't want to wake up one morning to find out someone with the last name Gramatica or Vanderjagt is our new K.
    Oh man Mason Crosby is the bomb! It would have really been nice if Denver would have drafted him.

    As for Elam, I don't know if I could be happy with him playing for another team. His name will always be associated with the Broncos in my book. Didn't he just release a new book? That book should more than cover the money that he will lose if he takes a paycut. Then we can resign him!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Nazrite/Champsigcopy.jpg[/IMG]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    If he joins the Cowboys or Pats

    I will hate his guts.
    we think alike....I hate those teams almost as much as the raiders
    Learn From Every One...Idolize No One


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Greeley,CO
    Posts
    7,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    If he joins the Cowboys or Pats

    I will hate his guts.
    Same here I cant stand those two teams I personally hate them more than the Raiders.

    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon-Denver
    Posts
    547

    Cool Devils Advocate

    Well, in thought if Shanny lets Elam go to Seattle or any where else, it will be a disappointment, if you think about it, Elam saved us from starting possibly 0-8, he was the main reason we won most of our games,
    against Buffalo, Oakland, Minnesota, Pittsburg, and was the main one who scored our points against Houston, and he saved us from being shut out by 41 points by kicking a field goal to make sure we didn't look like panzy's, but we did look like panzy's against San Diego, but think about it, he was the main reason we won most of our games this year.


    On the other hand, if he doesn't like his money contract thats too bad for him, Prater is a backup, what is he going to do, nothing but sit on a bench, no he gets the chance to do kickoffs, Elam gets the advantage and excitement by going on that field and kicking field goals, he gets more joy out of that!lol


    But the fact is if we let Elam go, we let go of more possible points in the 08 Season, we need a kicker we can rely on, sure his leg is wearing out but hey he can still kick....

    But if at all possible, we can try to pursue kicker Rob Bironas...
    he's the best chance if Elam goes to having a great kicker!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Granada Nicaragua
    Posts
    9,168
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoark View Post
    Well, in thought if Shanny lets Elam go to Seattle or any where else, it will be a disappointment, if you think about it, Elam saved us from starting possibly 0-8, he was the main reason we won most of our games,
    against Buffalo, Oakland, Minnesota, Pittsburg, and was the main one who scored our points against Houston, and he saved us from being shut out by 41 points by kicking a field goal to make sure we didn't look like panzy's, but we did look like panzy's against San Diego, but think about it, he was the main reason we won most of our games this year.
    The problem with that reasoning is that you are assuming that another kicker would not have made any of those FG's.

    I do think that Elam is still one of, if not the best clutch kickers in the NFL. But, that is not to say that another kicker would have missed all, or most, of those kicks. Plus, if the Broncos can get a kicker that can kick-off as well, that may free up another roster spot.

    I'd hate to see Elam in another uniform, but it wouldn't mean doom for the franchise.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back in the Garden again!
    Posts
    4,185
    I wish Elam the best, and if he can be re-signed for a reasonable amount, then he should. If not, more power to him if he can sign on with another team (preferably in the NFC & not the division we play next year).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •