Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3062

Thread: NASCAR Thread

  1. #3046
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    After he smacked head on into the wall,
    I thought his day was over.
    Boy was I wrong.
    Congrats kid !!!


    ..

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  2. #3047
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,305
    I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
    Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver.

  3. #3048
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,872
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .





    After he smacked head on into the wall,
    I thought his day was over.
    Boy was I wrong.
    Congrats kid !!!


    ..
    That's better than a spin and win.

    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
    Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver.
    I love road courses. I'm a little disappointed with F1 right now, but they go to some beautiful tracks.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  4. #3049
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    What a waste of cars

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  5. #3050
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,909
    So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

    now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

    this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

    going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!

  6. #3051
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,872
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

    now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

    this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

    going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!
    It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.


    Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

    https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/...indycar-series
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #3052
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.


    Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

    https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/...indycar-series
    Wow, Penske has some big bucks !
    Thanks Peanut, I hadn't heard yet.

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  8. #3053
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,909
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

    Final 4 for the championship:

    1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
    2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
    3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

    In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

    Final 4:

    1. Kyle Busch
    2. Denny Hamlin
    3. Harvick
    4. Larson


    well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there

  9. #3054
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,872
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there
    Yes, we did good. I was really hoping Larson would do better. He's so talented, and unlike the other Kyle, he's a nice guy. -- Busch is a good guy, too. He still has his moments, though.

    I know during the year, several people on TV have picked Hamlin to win the championship. I hope they're right. That's who I'm pulling for.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #3055
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
    It would be Hamlin's first championship.
    The other three have won before.
    Denny sure has had a distinguished career
    and he deserves a championship one day.

    But.................

    I'm pulling for Harvick.

    JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
    outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

    ~~~

    Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
    will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

    Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
    in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
    swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
    at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
    did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

    That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

    Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

    Here's to a great race in Florida.

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  11. #3056
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    Going to be crazy, no practice, no quals, 50 minute window Saturday for some laps:

    Weather causes schedule changes;
    Cup qualifying canceled, Saturday practice added


    By Staff Report
    NASCAR.com
    November 15, 2019 at 3:45 PM

    Persistent rain showers and brief bouts of lightning in the area jumbled Friday’s on-track schedule at
    Homestead-Miami Speedway. Saturday was impacted, too.

    Both Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practices, NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
    qualifying and NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice were canceled due to weather on the opening
    day of championship weekend. NASCAR later announced that Saturday’s Monster Energy Series
    qualifying was canceled in favor of adding one of the missed practices back to the schedule.

    The starting lineup for Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 will be set by the rule book, meaning owner points
    — Denny Hamlin will start from the pole position, with Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch
    lined up behind him in spots 2-4. All drivers are part of the Championship 4 field. All points for the four
    title hopefuls were reset to 5,000 for this race, with the tiebreaker being best finish of the Round of 8
    — and then second-best finish as necessary.

    That practice is scheduled from 2:05-2:55 p.m. ET, sandwiched between NASCAR Xfinity Series
    qualifying and the Ford EcoBoost 300 title race in that series.
    More: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ather-on-hold/

    Complete line up:
    https://www.nascar.com/results/race_...tn/qualifying/


    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  12. #3057
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    Miami Monster Energy Series pit stall assignments

    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...l-assignments/


    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  13. #3058
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,323
    .





    I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

    Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
    Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

    The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
    come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  14. #3059
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,872
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .





    If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
    It would be Hamlin's first championship.
    The other three have won before.
    Denny sure has had a distinguished career
    and he deserves a championship one day.

    But.................

    I'm pulling for Harvick.

    JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
    outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

    ~~~

    Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
    will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

    Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
    in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
    swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
    at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
    did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

    That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

    Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

    Here's to a great race in Florida.

    .
    I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted.

    Some are probably unhappy with the change, but it kind of makes sense for two reasons. Gives the western part of the US a chance to go to the final race. And maybe weather would be better? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .





    I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

    Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
    Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

    The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
    come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

    .
    Even though I wanted Hamlin, I'm not unhappy with Busch winning. He was my second choice of the four.

    Not too happy with the Truck and Xfinity series. Told hubby, "anyone but Crafton" because I didn't really have a favorite. With xfinity, I was split between Bell and Allgaier.

    Rookie of the Year for Cup should be good. Go Bell !
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  15. #3060
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,872
    Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •