Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2895

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy

It was a crazy race. We DVRed it. Fortunately, someone told us that there was a rain delay so we got the whole race.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen
    They do need to reconsider the start time when there are no lights.

All my drivers were involved in some altercation today. Only thing that made it a little better is that Johnson was too.

The one that got me was Bowyer. I told hubby that it looked like he turned left to avoid the two in front of him. He disagreed. In his interview though, that's what Bowyer said he did. Knowing that the 77 was near him.

Larson got a little feisty. And glad Truex is okay.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

NASCAR had announced this morning that effective immediately, they are changing the overtime line from the halfway point of a lap to now the start/finish line. I have been screaming about this for months. So glad they finally made the change.

The halfway point altogether was stupid, but especially at short tracks like Bristal, Martinsville, and Richmond.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Good to see Sherry back at the track.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I got to say for a road course race, this one was pretty lame with very little action or cautions...at least there was a little bit of drama at the end with the fuel situation for everyone but at the same time other than blaney nobody was really racing for the last 20 laps or so.

overall i was disappointed with this one...i saw much better action last night

Jr went to Redskins TC today. He was so geeked (his word) that he left his truck at the airport with the engine running. After 8 hours of idling, it used only a fourth of a tank.

It's hard not to like him.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    It's hard not to like him.
    It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.
    Is that why I like you?

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.
    That's great! I bet they'll have something special going on that weekend. It'll probably be on their website. Also check out his Twitter. He gives out information on what he's doing. I only check out a few drivers and I was very surprised at how active he is with the fans. Might be a good way to get in contact with him.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.
    I'm sure John has seen and heard everything with fans trying to get to Jr through him. That also means that he can see sincerity. If you don't try, you'll never know. The worse thing that can happen is that he'll say no, right?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older
    Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...

Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...
    Good call. I bet a lot of it has to do with sponsorship. Either these drivers can't attract them or the sponsors want someone younger.

Happy for Byron to get in the #5.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Good call. I bet a lot of it has to do with sponsorship. Either these drivers can't attract them or the sponsors want someone younger.

Happy for Byron to get in the #5.
    I think this is it... it's a youth movement, but one organization seems to be maybe looking past this? SHR has no young drivers although we don't yet know who will replace kurt in the #41.

Not to mention danica...i still think she has to be gone, i mean how the hell can she keep her job with the poor performance?

No offense Peanut & this is not a guy vs. girl thing but if it were a guy in that car over these past 4-5 years...they would have lost that job...i think she has 1 top 10 in that time & that is just beyond bad.

I know most of it's money driven but come on...there has to be some respectability that goes along with things & that is not the case with her, it's a gimmick that has run it's course

I think this is it... it's a youth movement, but one organization seems to be maybe looking past this? SHR has no young drivers although we don't yet know who will replace kurt in the #41.

Not to mention danica...i still think she has to be gone, i mean how the hell can she keep her job with the poor performance?

No offense Peanut & this is not a guy vs. girl thing but if it were a guy in that car over these past 4-5 years...they would have lost that job...i think she has 1 top 10 in that time & that is just beyond bad.

I know most of it's money driven but come on...there has to be some respectability that goes along with things & that is not the case with her, it's a gimmick that has run it's course
    Cole Custer is a Haas driver. Not sure if he's ready for Cup. I thought there was another driver but couldn't find it.

No offense taken. I kind of agree with you but there are other drivers out there that I wonder how the heck are they still in a car. Gilliland (?) was one. Maybe they brought sponsors? I know Patrick has had sponsor problems. Fortunately, she can sponsor herself. warrorbypatrick/hsn is on the car in September.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

So this is kind of crazy...

I opened up Instragam this morning and saw a notification that a had a new follower. Who is the new follower?

The one and only Greg Zipadelli!

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    So this is kind of crazy...

I opened up Instragam this morning and saw a notification that a had a new follower. Who is the new follower?

The one and only Greg Zipadelli!
    Awesome!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Am I the only one happy about the Sweep? Hard to do. I was really pulling for Jones, though.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Am I the only one happy about the Sweep? Hard to do. I was really pulling for Jones, though.
    It is certainly an impressive feat & kyle has now done it twice, not sure how many have actually even attempted all 3 races on a given weekend...that is a ton of racing.

i will admit i too was pulling for jones to get the win for two reasons...1. it would have been his first career cup win & 2. it would have really shaken up the playoffs & those on the bubble trying make it on points.