• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Southstander
    King of Anvilania
    • Jun 2005

NASCAR Thread

Figured it was about time for this, Gearheads unite. Dusty6 I KNOW you will be in hear alot
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic
  • Calif. Bronco
    Thank You #80
    • Dec 2004

It was awesome to see my driver get back on track and win his third of the season yesterday. At the risk of jinxing it, might he even make the chase this year? (he says this with his fingers crossed)

Seriously though, yesterday was another huge step forward for Kasey. Not only because of his third win (remember he had only 1 total in his first 2 years before this year) but because he got back on track. In the first two years he would have a few good weeks then go into a two-month tailspin of non-stop DNFs and find himself buried. In addition, this was at a very difficult track where he had never even had a top-20 finish before last night.

Comment

• Reidman
      Hello, my name is Reid.
      • Jul 2005

Ok, so we've been talking about this in the cafe.
      I think the pit-stops were too many yesterday and that is largely due to the smaller fuel cell in the cars. Nobody wants to see them pitting all the time.

As for the race, it wasn't the most exciting. I thought it funny how loose the cars were getting to start since the track was slick from the sun.

Anybody know Stewarts condition.....?? Last I had heard he had a broken or cracked shoulder blade and possibly wouldn't start next weekend.

Great idea for a thread South. I have recently started watching, when I can.

Comment

• Southstander
        King of Anvilania
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Reidman
        Ok, so we've been talking about this in the cafe.
        I think the pit-stops were too many yesterday and that is largely due to the smaller fuel cell in the cars. Nobody wants to see them pitting all the time.

As for the race, it wasn't the most exciting. I thought it funny how loose the cars were getting to start since the track was slick from the sun.

Anybody know Stewarts condition.....?? Last I had heard he had a broken or cracked shoulder blade and possibly wouldn't start next weekend.

Great idea for a thread South. I have recently started watching, when I can.

Thanks Reidan, I think TS has a broken shoulder, but will race next week

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
          Special Teams
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Southstander
          Figured it was about time for this, Gearheads unite. Dusty6 I KNOW you will be in hear alot
          Amen brother! The gearheads have tried to unite on this subject a few times (refer to NJBRONCOSFAN's post), but can't never seem to keep this thread on the front page. But never fear, for BUMPMAN is here!!

*Enter Superman theme song*

Bumpity, Bumpity, Bump and Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, lets talk racin' boys!!!

Comment

• Southstander
            King of Anvilania
            • Jun 2005

I called it!! I'm Just suprised it took you this long to come in here D6

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
              Special Teams
              • Aug 2003

I called it!! I'm Just suprised it took you this long to come in here D6
              Yeah, I've been busy playing my own NASCAR garage today. Oil changes, Radiator flushing, and stuff like that.

Comment

• Southstander
                King of Anvilania
                • Jun 2005

Sounds fun

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                  Special Teams
                  • Aug 2003

Sounds fun
                  Not really. The oil change wasn't bad but I rang the radiator plug off when I was doing the flushing cause I tightened a little too tight. Stupid cheap parts! I guess I don't know my own strength!

Comment

• Southstander
                    King of Anvilania
                    • Jun 2005

Hercules!Hercules!Hercules!Hercules! (While Clapping)

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                      Special Teams
                      • Aug 2003

Hercules!Hercules!Hercules!Hercules! (While Clapping)
                      I guess so.

Back to racing, how about good ol' Carl Edwards, he almost pulled off the spin and win! And Mark finished fourth, another good points day.

Comment

• Southstander
                        King of Anvilania
                        • Jun 2005

It was a bad "points day" for my driver. Gordon, just seems snake bit. Any words on who will take over the 6, next year when Martin, hangs them up?

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                          Special Teams
                          • Aug 2003

It was a bad "points day" for my driver. Gordon, just seems snake bit. Any words on who will take over the 6, next year when Martin, hangs them up?
                          The latest I heard is that Todd Kluever from Jack Roush's Busch program will take the ride. I have mixed feelings about this. I like Kluever, but I just think that he needs more experience in Busch before he moves to Cup, especially to take over such a prestigious ride such as Marks.

This is what I want to see done. Roush Racing has to cut an entire team due to NASCAR’s new rule to limit the amount of teams a Cup owner can have. The National Guard sponsorship with Greg Biffle I believe runs out at the end of 06 and National Guard has shown no interest in re-signing. I say leave Kluever in the Busch for another year or two to gain experience. If the sponsorship leaves Biffle for next year, eliminate the #16 car (getting Roush down to NASCAR’s limit), and move Biffle to the 6 car.

Biffle has proven that he can be competitive and I don't want the 6 car to end up in 20-30th something position every week.

Comment

• Southstander
                            King of Anvilania
                            • Jun 2005

It could be a situatiuation like with the #2 and their will be a major defection. I'm still supirsed he is behind the wheel of the douce.

I have heard rumors of Little e driving the 3 in few years, what have you heard

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X