X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncosFanInPA
    Football Immortal
    • Oct 2003

Let me introduce everyone to tony's crew chief...

Keep up the great work son!
    sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

I love the support Steve is getting. Too many of us has been touched by cancer.

Fans, NASCAR to honor Steve Brynes at Bristol: Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Bristol Motor Speedway -- the Food City 500 In Support Of Steve Byrnes And Stand Up To Cancer -- is including race teams, NASCAR officials and race fans in a heartfelt gesture to support one of the sport's most popular broadcasters and all of those battling cancer. As race fans enter Bristol Motor Speedway Sunday morning, they have the opportunity to receive a Stand Up To Cancer placard, writing in the name of someone they are supporting in their battle against the deadly disease. Race team crews and NASCAR officials have placards specifically honoring Byrnes. There are two opportunities to display the placards during the race airing live on FOX on Sunday, April 19 -- during parade laps, when crews are asked to stand atop the pit wall with their salutes, and again on lap 250 of the 500-lap race, when fans are asked to Stand Up To Cancer with their placards. In addition, NASCAR is offering race teams the option to carry a special car decal with Byrnes' initials, honoring him with placement on the B-post or C-post of any Sprint Cup, SFINITY, or K&N Series entry. Byrnes' brother, Dan Byrnes, and his family (wife Tammy; Steve's nephews Tyler and Dylan; and niece Samantha) are attending Sunday's race on behalf of Steve Byrnes and his family. Byrnes has been battling courageously against head and neck cancer. He is the co-host of NASCAR Race Hub and the play-by-play announcer for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.(Fox Sports)(4-18-2015)
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

Wow. Erik Jones, my guy from the Truck Series, is making his first start in Cup. At Bristol.

I hope Hamlin is okay.
        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
          earthling
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Wow. Erik Jones, my guy from the Truck Series, is making his first start in Cup. At Bristol.

I hope Hamlin is okay.
          I saw Hamlin up with Coach Gibbs today. Denny was giving advice to Eric on the radio.
          Glad they got it all in today. Track crew did a good job.
          Typical Bristol race, lots of trading paint, a busy garage and tempers flaring.

By the way, was that the 14 car that crossed the checker 6th ?
          SIXTH PLACE ???

Richmond up next, that'll be fun !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I saw Hamlin up with Coach Gibbs today. Denny was giving advice to Eric on the radio.
            Glad they got it all in today. Track crew did a good job.
            Typical Bristol race, lots of trading paint, a busy garage and tempers flaring.

By the way, was that the 14 car that crossed the checker 6th ?
            SIXTH PLACE ???

Richmond up next, that'll be fun !!!

It was a good finish that was needed badly, however i am keeping things in perspective on this race & not getting excited yet & i say that because...

Well even though tony finished 6th, let's be honest about it & i know i shouldn't look at it this way but..alot of cars had trouble (lots of good cars) & tony stayed out of trouble & survived which is at least half the battle at bristol & that enabled the good finish.

i will say he was at least competitive & consistent enough to stay on the lead lap & run in the top 15 most of the night & i would say without all the wrecks, he probably would have finished around 12th - 15th which is a step in the right direction.

Now the race itself was good & had tons of action but one thing i didn't like was how the slower cars were told to stay high on the track when the leaders came up to them...that was the fast line & the leaders had a hard time getting by on the bottom, but i guess that kept the field tighter which is good.

Ok so now how about Danica? another good race with a 9th & she now sits 13th in points. She has really picked up her performance & i seriously think she may get into the chase the way she is running...keep up the good work :clap:
            sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

roush, I moved your post to a new thread. I hope you don't mind. I thought Steve deserved his own thread, even if it's just a few NASCAR fans that respond to it.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• roushmartin6
                Football Immortal
                • May 2007

roush, I moved your post to a new thread. I hope you don't mind. I thought Steve deserved his own thread, even if it's just a few NASCAR fans that respond to it.
                No problem, I feel the same way. Nascar lost a great man today
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Southstander
                  King of Anvilania
                  • Jun 2005

Figured I would pop in here. I have not had much time to follow the seasons like I have wanted to . I am hoping Jeff Gordon will win atleast one more race before his career comes to a close.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                    earthling
                    • May 2004

Good to see you Southie !!!

I hope Hamlin is okay.
                    Denny Hamlin returns to action at home track in Richmond

Guess Denny is ok.
                    He is going to run in the Xfinity, his charity race in Boston and later that night, Richmond.
                    Busy weekend for Hamlin !

Comment

• Southstander
                      King of Anvilania
                      • Jun 2005

The fact that NASCAR Chairman Brian France says It possible to give Kyle Busch a waiver into chase is a joke.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        The fact that NASCAR Chairman Brian France says It possible to give Kyle Busch a waiver into chase is a joke.
                        Unless they are waiving the requirement of being in the top 30 in points, it will never happen...he will have no chance to make the top 30 on points.

Right now 30th has 136 points which is an average of 17 per race...that would equal out to 442 after 26 races, kyle will be out at least another month or more leaving him no more than about 10-14 races before the cutoff.

I see no way that he could score that amount of points in so short of a span...heck harvick has been lighting it up every week & only has 314 points after 8 races, so i don't see it happening.
                        sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                          earthling
                          • May 2004

All Kyle, or any other driver has to do is win one and he is in.
                          It doesn't matter where a driver is in points if he has a win, does it ?
                          Hard to come back fast with a leg injury but I'm sure Kyle is beginning re-hab already.
                          If anyone can pull off a win in "10-14" races, Kyle can.

BTW, Mr. France never said that they would give Kyle an automatic spot.
                          He just said that the commission was looking at the situation.
                          NASCAR feels bad about it because there were no safer barriers in place where Kyle crashed.
                          In France's own words; "This is on us."

Glad that tomorrow is Sunday and not Monday !

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                            Football Immortal
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

All Kyle, or any other driver has to do is win one and he is in.
                            It doesn't matter where a driver is in points if he has a win, does it ?

Hard to come back fast with a leg injury but I'm sure Kyle is beginning re-hab already.
                            If anyone can pull off a win in "10-14" races, Kyle can.

BTW, Mr. France never said that they would give Kyle an automatic spot.
                            He just said that the commission was looking at the situation.
                            NASCAR feels bad about it because there were no safer barriers in place where Kyle crashed.
                            In France's own words; "This is on us."

Glad that tomorrow is Sunday and not Monday !
                            No AZ, they must also be inside the top 30 in points to be eligible unless they changed that rule which i'm not aware if they did.

That is why i said there really is not much chance unless they are waiving that requirement of top 30 in points.

They may very well be throwing that part out the window, in which case i could certainly see kyle winning & getting in.
                            sigpic

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                              Football Immortal
                              • Oct 2003

Well i think this may unofficially be rock bottom, when dale jr. is not happy with you.. because jr. does not complain about other drivers hardly ever & he was not pleased with tony.

I know i'm a broken record here anymore & you guys are probably all sick of it by now but i'm sorry...i think tony needs to hang it up before he tarnishes his image any further, this is hard to stomach anymore.
                              Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 04-26-2015, 01:56 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                                earthling
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                No AZ, they must also be inside the top 30 in points to be eligible unless they changed that rule which i'm not aware if they did.

That is why i said there really is not much chance unless they are waiving that requirement of top 30 in points.

They may very well be throwing that part out the window, in which case i could certainly see kyle winning & getting in.
                                I didn't know about being in the top 30, thanks PA.
                                Good news; the rumor going around is we might see Kyle back as soon as Talladega.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                Well i think this may unofficially be rock bottom, when dale jr. is not happy with you.. because jr. does not complain about other drivers hardly ever & he was not pleased with tony.

I know i'm a broken record here anymore & you guys are probably all sick of it by now but i'm sorry...i think tony needs to hang it up before he tarnishes his image any further, this is hard to stomach anymore.
                                I saw Tony throw his helmet and rip off his jacket in the garage. Did you see that ?
                                When Tony was throwing around stuff, I didn't know exactly what he was mad about.
                                Turns out Tony completely blamed Jr. for the wreck.
                                Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr. faulted the other for a wreck that knocked Stewart out of Sunday’s NASCAR race.

When asked about Tony's claims, Jr said to the reporter "You'll have to ask him (Tony)".

Sad 'cause Jr and Tony used to be tight.
                                Martinsville, Bristol and Richmond scheduled so close together takes it's toll.
                                Maybe they will have a chance to have a beer together.
                                Hopefully we'll see Jr and Tony working together at Talladega like the old days.

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 04-27-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X