Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3092

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Those cars are amazingly built, because Newman not only flipped but got hit on his side of the vehicle! Serious but not life threatening....as far as I've heard. I know they understand the danger, but it is still a shock when these things happen.

And it was eerie watching the gas pour out, with a flame nearby.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-18-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    thank god he is alive, although in serious condition & doctors said non-life threatening injuries...

my nerves are shot as i waited for news

scary, very scary crash
    Just saw an update that Ryan is awake and talking. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

I really wish people wouldn't react so quickly on social media. Hamlin and Gibb's racing got blasted for celebrating. Apparently, it didn't occur to anyone that Hamlin and team didn't know the seriousness of the accident. Good to see people "correct" them.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

It is truly amazing he is awake and speaking with family and doctors so soon afterward!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It is truly amazing he is awake and speaking with family and doctors so soon afterward!
    It really is. The team they have at the track are very good. I'm sure having that immediate response really helps.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    It really is. The team they have at the track are very good. I'm sure having that immediate response really helps.
    I said it already, but I have no idea how these people survive the crashes they endure! The car technology is beyond my comprehension as are the actual driving skills....and guts!

Just saw an update that Ryan is awake and talking. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

I really wish people wouldn't react so quickly on social media. Hamlin and Gibb's racing got blasted for celebrating. Apparently, it didn't occur to anyone that Hamlin and team didn't know the seriousness of the accident. Good to see people "correct" them.
    Well peanut you know that there are idiots out there in the world, just like some of the trolls that were out there saying he had died...just terrible people!

as for hamlin & team, there was no way he could have know that soon how serious it was & you could tell he then got word by the time he got to victory lane because he was very subdued & concerned for ryan.

just gonna say this about the racing at daytona & dega...these things will never stop being a major risk factor so as long as they continue to run these two tracks with the restricted motors & pack racing.

only alternative is either A. quit racing there or B. take the restrictions off to bring handling into play & not have constant wide open throttle..of course this would lead to massively increased speeds to the point that would be unsafe.

some years back rusty wallace did a test at i believe dega with no plate & his average lap speed was 228mph

First, the great news. Ryan has been released from the hospital. The picture of him walking out with his two daughters is pure awesomeness.

With the Daytona 500 being the SB of NASCAR, I don't see them changing anything drastic. They could have taken some of the banking out when they repaved, but they didn't. They made huge improvements after Earnhardt died. Apparently, a lot of people like this type of racing. A lot of fans want to see the wrecks. I knew a guy that thought a race was boring because there were no cautions for wrecks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Saw the video of Newman walking out of the hospital with his daughters. Makes absolutely no sense that he walked out the way he did. Like he was ok. INCREDIBLE!!!

Show anyone you know (who is unaware of the accident) to watch the crash video, and then show them today's video.....and say, "By the way, that's the same guy."

I love the story. The sport is a bit scary at times. But this one's a real winner!
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-19-2020 at 05:03 PM.

can't wait for this one, should be awesome...think about it peanut

thank god he is alive, although in serious condition & doctors said non-life threatening injuries...

my nerves are shot as i waited for news

scary, very scary crash
    I watched for the first time in like 5 years last week....I spent the entire night refreshing twitter until they finally announced he was ok.

can't wait for this one, should be awesome...think about it peanut

It sound like a lot of fun. I'll see what we can do.

And sorry about the late reply. Got a little busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I watched for the first time in like 5 years last week....I spent the entire night refreshing twitter until they finally announced he was ok.
    The bad part of racing. He seems to be doing really good.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I've heard a lot about iRacing but haven't bothered to check it out online. This Sunday (and for the next few weeks), they are putting it on FS1 at 1:30PM eastern.Homestead. Lots of NASCAR drivers involved. Should be interesting.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I've heard a lot about iRacing but haven't bothered to check it out online. This Sunday (and for the next few weeks), they are putting it on FS1 at 1:30PM eastern.Homestead. Lots of NASCAR drivers involved. Should be interesting.
    i watched it once last year, i think it was the final race because it was on FS1...it was indeed interesting & hey i guess we need any form of entertainment we can get at this point

i watched it once last year, i think it was the final race because it was on FS1...it was indeed interesting & hey i guess we need any form of entertainment we can get at this point
    That was very interesting. I appreciate all the work that went into it. I hope they do more.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

That was very interesting. I appreciate all the work that went into it. I hope they do more.
    They're going to televise the rest of the season. Yay!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness