Page 192 of 193 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2881

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I still watch and enjoy NASCAR. Lots of great talent coming up.

IndyCars has always been my first choice. Rules are different. I'm not crazy about the blocking rule. Would like to see that loosen up a bit. A great mix of road/street courses and ovals.

Tonight's race was interesting. I think all my drivers were involved in accidents, one going airborne.
    How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This sport is a far cry from what it once was. It's sad, and it's by Nascar's own doing. It's went down hill since Dale Sr died at this very track. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, because I loved this sport, but I'd rather watch Indy Cars nowadays.
    I'm exactly the opposite since around 2000. I think all racing has gone down hill ... I liked Indy until about 15 years ago, I think I like to watch Americans race.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.
    I really don't remember when I started watching NASCAR. 90's? We were at Dover for the first race after 9-11 (one of my favorite sports memories. The electricity of the crowd. Jr doing victory laps with the American flag) and that was like our third race there. It took us a few years to decide to go for a race. Trying to find a timeline. I remember Ernie Irvan in the 4. So about 1993. Sorry for thinking out loud.

I miss the old system, too. But they try to make it better, keep up with the other sports.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-04-2017 at 07:39 AM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...

I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back.
    I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...
    I have to admit that I only watch the first ~20 minutes, ~20 minutes in the middle of the race, then the last ~20 minutes ... I have never been able to watch the whole race, unless I was at the race ... only have been to 2 big time races and both were Indy though.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship.
    Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?
    Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older
    I got the information from NASCAR's site. I don't know when Larson's contract is up. Maybe they threw him in there because of the opening in the 88 and Stewart's interest.

https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery...illy-season#/1

I think if Patrick can dig up a good sponsor, she'll have another year. I'm just wondering about her mental attitude after that one crash. I know things get said in the moment, but if she's really that concerned about her safety, it might be time to walk away. Interesting idea about Carl. Wouldn't mind seeing him drive for Tony.

Jr has said that Kenseth will be racing next year. Kind of makes you wonder.

I agree about your list of drivers being out in the next few years. Some will retire on their terms, some will just fade away.

Drivers moving up. My opinion. There are others, but these are the guys that stand out to me.

From X--- Byron, Kennedy, Tifft, Custer, Hemric, Wallace Jr, Riddick

From Trucks--- C. Bell, Gragson, B. Rhodes, R, Truex, Cindric, Briscoe, JH Nemechek (don't like him, but I see him moving up the system)
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

Sounds awesome. I'll have to check them out and see if they're around this area.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Trucks at Eldora tonight. On FOX Business? We had to search for it but we do get it. It's being replayed on FS1 later.

One of the most popular and funnest races and it's on a channel I never heard of. All because of soccer.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen