• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Well yesterday was total carnage. Sadly it started with Jr getting knocked out after finally grabbing the lead. People were pretty angry when Jr got knocked out. A bunch of people around me got up and left as soon as Jr wrecked. Once Jr wrecked I debated leaving since I had to be at jury duty at 7:30am this morning, but I stayed and Im glad I did. The end was quite exciting. I thought Larson would win once he grabbed the lead. I was hoping he would but then he ran outta gas. Im really happy that Kurt Busch. He's always been a secondary fav of mine.

Some things from the race that those who werent there dont know.

Jr was quite pissed off at Jamie McMurray. Jr told his spotter several times that McMurray needed to get off his [butt] because was being careless with bump drafting and was gonna wreck the field if he didnt cut it out. Jr was annoyed during the 1st stage at Chase Elliot for being too aggressive to early; throwing aggressive blocks when they werent even through the 1st stage.

Truex Jr was baffled how long it took for anyone to make a move at the end of the race. He didnt understand it. Over and over he kept saying "what is everyones deal. what are they waiting for." Truex didnt wanna start a move himself cause he wasnt sure if anyone would go with him.

With around 15 laps to go, Kyle Larson's crew chief told him he had enough gas to make it all the way and to not worry about conserving.....I dont know how the crew chief messed that up - as Larson ran out of fuel on the last lap.

Chase Elliot was conserving fuel for quite a while at the end. He was having to do some coasting and shut things off starting with around 25 laps to go. Elliots crew chief told him that if he had a big lead on the last lap that it would probably be wise to shut the engine off once he came out of turn 4 the final time.
    Thanks for sharing the "inside" information.

I wanted Larson to win. I guess his CC needs a new calculator. Although, being out front on the last lap is iffy at restrictor plate racing.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
      earthling
      • May 2004

Things I liked about the Daytona 500:

Pastor Ronnie Barton reciting the pre-race invocation.
      Jordan Sparks rendition of our National Anthem.
      The fly over by the US Air Force Thunderbirds.
      Owen Wilson’s command for drivers to start their engines.
      And I even liked LT waving the green.
      But I liked Jeff Gordon’s ride the most !!!

~~~
      Notable quotes:
      Kyle: “Obviously Goodyear tires aren’t very good at holding air.”
      Jr: “At least we went out leading the race”. :thumb:

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• roushmartin6
        Football Immortal
        • May 2007

Was a pretty good 500, wanted Ryan Blamey to win but cool to see Ford and Kurt back in victory Lane. Only 39 on the entry list so far for Atlanta is not a good sign.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• FL BRONCO
          Traveling Mod
          • Mar 2010

It was definitely nice to see Kurt take it, he has come a long way. It was also veeeery nice to see Tony win it as an owner. Good for both of them that has to be very satisfying for both of them.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2003

Harvick was robbed of the win today because nobody was beating him...

The # 4 team should go find the # 3 team and pound them into the ground for not getting off the track & causing the caution
            sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
              earthling
              • May 2004

Kevin kinda beat himself after that.
              Speeding penalty on pit road.
              Back to the very end of the pack.
              Then he got back to P9 at the checker.
              He definitely had the best car today.
              Kevin got 20 pts for the 2 stages and whatever 9th is worth.
              Add in the 4th at Daytona, Kevin should be up there.

After Kevin got the penalty, I was pulling for Larson.
              Kyle didn't stay on the bottom like his CC told him.
              That cost Kyle the checker.

I'm getting used to this stage stuff.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Peanut
                ModNut
                • Jan 2007

About Harvick. He did apologize to his crew. I was wondering how the crew reacted to his mistake. All the times that Harvick criticized them on camera? Someone should have stuck a mic in the crew area. Yesterday, it was the response team being too slow. He put the window net down, indicating that he was okay.

I'm getting used to the segments.

IndyCar is back.
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2012

............................ Truex WINS! ............................
                  I didn't think he had the car to get it there at the end. Gladly Keslowski's car was the one that didn't have it.

On the Kyle and Logano incident ...
                  I thought it was fairly obvious that Logano intentionally went up into Kyle probably due to the contact just before that with Kyle hitting/tapping? Logano.
                  Kyle was an idiot to go after Logano though, nothing to accomplish there.
                  I think Logano is a liar though. :2cents:
                  sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    ............................ Truex WINS! ............................
                    I didn't think he had the car to get it there at the end. Gladly Keslowski's car was the one that didn't have it.

On the Kyle and Logano incident ...
                    I thought it was fairly obvious that Logano intentionally went up into Kyle probably due to the contact just before that with Kyle hitting/tapping? Logano.
                    Kyle was an idiot to go after Logano though, nothing to accomplish there.
                    I think Logano is a liar though. :2cents:
                    I was happy for Truex.

Brad took the blame for getting in the way. He's Logano's teammate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                      Football Immortal
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I was happy for Truex.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.
                      Ok my take on what went down is this...kyle didn't have much choice, he either slams into the back of the #2 car or tries to avoid him & in the process of doing so he bumped into logano which likely upset joey.

logano then decides to dive into the corner as hard as he can knowing it likely won't stick& he will end up slamming into the side of the #18 car, so yes i say that part was intentional but i don't think logano expected it to result in kyle spinning out of control but rather just more of a bump back at him.

So i see it as the intent to run into kyle but maybe not to crash him out if that makes sense?

Also where the heck was the 18 crew guys at? they had to know where kyle was headed...also i think logano has had problems with like half the field it seems over the years but yet his personality just doesn't fit the part
                      sigpic

Comment

• InElwayWeTrust
                        All-Pro
                        • Mar 2010

I was happy for Truex.

I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture )

Before Las Vegas native Kyle Busch climbs into his No. 18 Toyota he pauses for a moment with his wife, Samantha, and son Brexton. Standing in the infield of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, amidst ...

Comment

• Peanut
                          ModNut
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                          I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture )

Before Las Vegas native Kyle Busch climbs into his No. 18 Toyota he pauses for a moment with his wife, Samantha, and son Brexton. Standing in the infield of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, amidst ...

Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• InElwayWeTrust
                            All-Pro
                            • Mar 2010

Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.
                            Thanks Peanut!

Comment

• Freyaka
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Lol, well that was fun. Just finished watching the race reply, fun finish there.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

Everything is great.

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X