Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3118

Thread: NASCAR Thread

  1. #3091
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    They're going to televise the rest of the season. Yay!
    I enjoyed the crap out of that, and hey Bobby Labonte with a top 15!


  2. #3092
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I enjoyed the crap out of that, and hey Bobby Labonte with a top 15!
    I'm enjoying it.

    FS1 is doing a weekly series of iRacing (Wednesday). This week is World of Outlaws.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  3. #3093
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034
    Just saw this unfortunate news...

    Kyle Larson has been suspended indefinitely

    Chip Ganassi Racing driver Kyle Larson has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR following his use of a racial slur on a live stream during an iRacing event Sunday night.

    The behavioral penalty NASCAR issued Monday cited Sections 12.1 (General Procedures) and 12.8 (NASCAR Member Conduct Guidelines) of the official Rule Book. Larson must also attend sensitivity training as directed by NASCAR.

    “NASCAR has made diversity and inclusion a priority and will not tolerate the type of language used by Kyle Larson during Sunday’s iRacing event,” a NASCAR statement read. “Our Member Conduct Guidelines are clear in this regard, and we will enforce these guidelines to maintain an inclusive environment for our entire industry and fan base.”


    Larson later posted a video on his social media handles, apologizing for his actions.
    here is the link & full article

    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-indefinitely/

    not good dude, not good at all...he may be out for a long time

  4. #3094
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Just saw this unfortunate news...

    Kyle Larson has been suspended indefinitely


    here is the link & full article

    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-indefinitely/

    not good dude, not good at all...he may be out for a long time
    I've been following this all day. I'm surprised and disappointed. I mean, he comes from the Drive for Diversity program (or whatever it's called).

    He lost two main sponsors. Coke quietly dropped him early this year for a reason they're not revealing.

    Thing I don't understand is that he was talking to his spotter. Usually, drivers are friends with their spotters.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  5. #3095
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Just saw this unfortunate news...

    Kyle Larson has been suspended indefinitely


    here is the link & full article

    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-indefinitely/

    not good dude, not good at all...he may be out for a long time
    Well that was smart of him... I am guessing he's done. Sponsors have all cut ties, Ganassi fired him...


  6. #3096
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034
    one week until racing returns & will it be a great thing for not only race fans, but in general for anybody looking for anything that reminds us of what normal was.

    i think despite no fans at the track, this will be an absolute major tv ratings draw because they are the first to jump back in & i hope it's a big success!

  7. #3097
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    one week until racing returns & will it be a great thing for not only race fans, but in general for anybody looking for anything that reminds us of what normal was.

    i think despite no fans at the track, this will be an absolute major tv ratings draw because they are the first to jump back in & i hope it's a big success!
    I agree. People are needing sports.

    I've enjoyed the iRacing. IndyCar, NASCAR and the Wednesday dirt tracks / IROC. It's not so much the "racing" but the behind the scenes look at the drivers. Although I enjoy the "crashes" more because no one gets hurt. Gordon's car stuck in the catch fence.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  8. #3098
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034
    was great to have racing back...something very much needed right now for people to have something to watch & they really had every angle covered with the covid virus stuff...everyone had masks on & was distanced as much as possible.

    really nice job nascar

    on the other hand i saw a golf outing on nbc & my oh my, the complete opposite...not a single person had a mask on & i did not see them distancing much at all. i hope they get criticized over that because compared to how nascar did it, that was a bad look on golf.

  9. #3099
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    was great to have racing back...something very much needed right now for people to have something to watch & they really had every angle covered with the covid virus stuff...everyone had masks on & was distanced as much as possible.

    really nice job nascar

    on the other hand i saw a golf outing on nbc & my oh my, the complete opposite...not a single person had a mask on & i did not see them distancing much at all. i hope they get criticized over that because compared to how nascar did it, that was a bad look on golf.
    NASCAR did a great job. You can tell that they put a lot of thought and research into it.

    Didn't really miss the crowd during the race with the engine noises and all. But the silence during Harvick's interview. So weird.

    Xfinity moved up to 6PM from 8PM because of possible rain. Storm coming up the coast.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #3100
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034
    can't wait for saturday night...


  11. #3101
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Have fun, PA! And be safe.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  12. #3102
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034

  13. #3103
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,034
    Ok Peanut & AZ my racing buds, curious if either of you recall the name Cale Gale?

    He is a former Nascar driver that ran a handful of races in xfinity series in the mid 2000's & then some races in the truck series between 2007 & 2017, he drove for kevin harvick & scored one career win in the trucks in 2012 at homestead.

    Anyway the reason i bring him up is because he was out at our jennerstown speedway & he ran in the top division super late models & let me tell you he flat out put a beating on all the locals...he won the race by nearly half a lap on 2nd place & had lapped up to 8th out of the 16 car field.

    not sure if he plans on running anymore races here but if he does & runs like that then he will have the locals a little bitter

    just thought i would share that with you guys.

  14. #3104
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rouseville, PA
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok Peanut & AZ my racing buds, curious if either of you recall the name Cale Gale?

    He is a former Nascar driver that ran a handful of races in xfinity series in the mid 2000's & then some races in the truck series between 2007 & 2017, he drove for kevin harvick & scored one career win in the trucks in 2012 at homestead.

    Anyway the reason i bring him up is because he was out at our jennerstown speedway & he ran in the top division super late models & let me tell you he flat out put a beating on all the locals...he won the race by nearly half a lap on 2nd place & had lapped up to 8th out of the 16 car field.

    not sure if he plans on running anymore races here but if he does & runs like that then he will have the locals a little bitter

    just thought i would share that with you guys.
    I'm pretty sure he was with RCR for a while in the 33 in Busch wasn't he?

    I'm so happy PA finally said screw it and opened up. Up to 9 races now(I was at 24 at this point last year.) I just wish the track I work at(Stateline in NY) would open up. Thankfully it looks like we are having practice this weekend, so it's a start. I really hope Lernerville still has the Firecracker. That's my one go-to for the entire year that literally all of my friend and family go as well, and we consume several Adult Beverages

    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

  15. #3105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok Peanut & AZ my racing buds, curious if either of you recall the name Cale Gale?

    He is a former Nascar driver that ran a handful of races in xfinity series in the mid 2000's & then some races in the truck series between 2007 & 2017, he drove for kevin harvick & scored one career win in the trucks in 2012 at homestead.

    Anyway the reason i bring him up is because he was out at our jennerstown speedway & he ran in the top division super late models & let me tell you he flat out put a beating on all the locals...he won the race by nearly half a lap on 2nd place & had lapped up to 8th out of the 16 car field.

    not sure if he plans on running anymore races here but if he does & runs like that then he will have the locals a little bitter

    just thought i would share that with you guys.
    I remember the name. Maybe he just got lucky? If he comes back and a local wins, it should make the local feel good.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •