Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2944

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Harvick & the #4 team look like the team to beat this year...they are flat out killing the field &next up is his best track of all at phoenix, so we very well could see 3 in a row.

also still think that the run is about over for jimmie & the 48...not competitive at all & reminds me of tony's final couple years...age catches up to everyone
    Harvick looks dominate, yes, buts its been only 3 races. Sure, Phoenix is hands down his best track but even if he wins there and gets his 3rd consecutive win, there is still a lot of racing to go before the playoffs.

Someone to watch at Phoenix is Alex Bowman. He won the pole at Phoenix when he was replacing Jr, and he ran well there that entire race and finished either 5th or 6th.

Also, lets not ignore Ryan Blaney. If it wasn't for his late tough like during the 500, he could have been the driver we'd be all talking about now instead of Harvick.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I agree, it's too early to count anyone out but Kevin has been "Smoking" !!!
    Happy for Tony's team even if they are Fords.

Joe Gibbs and TRD have had those new Toyos for a while; no excuse there.
    Give HMS and other Chevy teams a few more races to dial in those new Camaros.

I'm no fan of Kez or JJ.

The 2 car has been strong.
    Brad Kez's crew chief has made some awful strategy calls.

As long as Chad is sitting on top of the box, we can't count the 48 out just yet either

How 'bout NASCAR's nifty idea about the lug guns ?
    Sure hope they get those fixed by Homestead.

This week at Phoenix:
    This will be the last time the drivers will run the old track.
    All the drivers like the old rough tracks and always complain about new resurfaced tracks.

Well, after this race Sunday, they will begin demo and totally reconfigure the track here.
    Adding grandstands, changing oval, start/finish, pits, banking etc.
    They're not even calling it PIR anymore, has some new name; can't keep up lol.
    The new track will be ready for the November race and I'll wager the drivers will hate it.

I like having Jeff in the booth with DW and I'm glad Larry Mac gets to chime in a lot.
    NASCAR: Get some decent lug guns !!!

It's Monday and we're all caught up on the weekend's races.

I agree about the lug guns. If they're making the teams use them, they really need to be sure that they work.

It'll be interesting to see how the drivers react in November.

It's okay for Harvick to have a few good races, but I hope it's not going to be total domination. And Jimmie? I almost hope he makes a mini comeback. Show that talent (and luck) is not based on age.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Yes i agree that it is still very early in the season but i see the same pattern that truex & the 78 team had last year, winning stages & winning the race which is racking up those playoff points in a hurry...

harvick already has 13 playoff points & that is how truex all but guaranteed a spot in the final race was he had such a massive playoff point built up that it was as about as close to locked in as you could get.

i understand things can change at any given time, but a few more races like the last two & the #4 team will be set & be able to cruise into the final race for the cup

a little But.....

I like the Gas Monkey gang, who woulda thought......

I just got to watch where they built the car for Kurt Bush and then Bush raced Logano. I found it very entertaining. If you all get a chance, check it out.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    a little But.....

I like the Gas Monkey gang, who woulda thought......

I just got to watch where they built the car for Kurt Bush and then Bush raced Logano. I found it very entertaining. If you all get a chance, check it out.
    I've heard about it, but have never watched it. I'll have to check it out.

Trucks and Cup rescheduled for tomorrow. Because of snow. Track looked pretty in white.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Congrats to Bowyer on snapping that really long winless drought ...got home from work just in time to see the final 10 laps
    & wow was he excited!

Also nice to see that #14 car back in victory lane & my oh my does SHR really have it going right now, they have 4 really strong cars & kind of reminds me of when hendrick had 4 strong cars

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Congrats to Bowyer on snapping that really long winless drought ...got home from work just in time to see the final 10 laps
    & wow was he excited!

Also nice to see that #14 car back in victory lane & my oh my does SHR really have it going right now, they have 4 really strong cars & kind of reminds me of when hendrick had 4 strong cars
    I'm glad he didn't hurt himself with his celebrating.

They are strong. The #10's lowest finish is 13th (I think). Don't know what they did today. Tony's happy.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I think that's what NASCAR is doing. They admit that Harvick's crew should have been penalized on the last pit stop. I do not know how they can make such a mistake when it was so obvious. First word that came to mind was "favoritism". Like Harvick needs it (because he's so good). So, instead of being a lap down, he comes in second.

I haven't done fantasy racing for a few years, but joined one this year. JR has it on his Twitter page. Play against the NBC announcers. Different rules than I'm used to. So I just picked without much thought and it shows. Larson to win and Truex to win the second stage. Kyle Busch to win the first stage (he won the second). Hope I do better next week.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Congrats to Amy and Dale Jr on the birth of their daughter (30 April. One day after Sr.'s birthday).
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Just saw the France family is exploring selling. Nascar has went downhill since Daytona 2001, and I don't know if they can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Just saw the France family is exploring selling. Nascar has went downhill since Daytona 2001, and I don't know if they can fix it.
    I just saw the news and my heart sank.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Just read the news too this morning. I don't even follow NASCAR and was saddened.

Nascar got away from what made it the fastest growing sport in America not long ago.....
    Whether you like the chase or not they made the sport something it wasn't. Nascar tried to appease the casual fan while alienating the hardcore fans. I was fine with the way the sport was in the 80's, and 90's. Sadly, now I don't watch. I prefer indy cars or the world of outlaws.