• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

:2cents:
    Sorry man, Nascar lost my attention years ago....
    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

NASCAR is still running?
      sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        NASCAR is still running?
        Yes, it is. And some of us still enjoy it.

IndyCar starts this weekend. Foyt and Wickens are supposed to be at the track.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2012

I used to follow Indy racing until about 10 years ago, maybe a little longer ago than that. I do still enjoy watching/following the Indy 500. It seems that the Indy has a lot of names now that I don't recognize or can't even pronounce correctly... just kidding.

So about 15 years ago I started casually following NASCAR and I watch most races that are on regular network TV (I don't do the cable/pay TV any more... except Netflix) and they are relatively entertaining. I guess I have not noticed them to be getting less entertaining myself. I was a Jeff Gordon fan and now I like Truex, primarily because he represented Denver, with the Denver Mattress team. Great seeing him/they win the championship. I can see that without some of the old names, including Earnhardt Jr some fans have lost interest. But there are some pretty good new names too... I like Chase Elliott and the new Hendrick racing drivers are beginning to be competitive. Ryan Blaney on the pole today is relatively new, Daniel Hemric has been a competitive rookie in qualifying and Bubba Wallace is another young driver that has flashed some competitiveness.
          Maybe since I am not a long time fan of NASCAR I don't see the sport getting less entertaining as much as long time fans seem to be. I have lost most interest in Indy racing though.
          Maybe I would rather watch Americans race more so than foreigners? Similar to rooting for Denver Mattress/Truex and I was a fan of the Unser's in Indy and the Pikes Peak race.
          sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
            ModNut
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
            I used to follow Indy racing until about 10 years ago, maybe a little longer ago than that. I do still enjoy watching/following the Indy 500. It seems that the Indy has a lot of names now that I don't recognize or can't even pronounce correctly... just kidding.

So about 15 years ago I started casually following NASCAR and I watch most races that are on regular network TV (I don't do the cable/pay TV any more... except Netflix) and they are relatively entertaining. I guess I have not noticed them to be getting less entertaining myself. I was a Jeff Gordon fan and now I like Truex, primarily because he represented Denver, with the Denver Mattress team. Great seeing him/they win the championship. I can see that without some of the old names, including Earnhardt Jr some fans have lost interest. But there are some pretty good new names too... I like Chase Elliott and the new Hendrick racing drivers are beginning to be competitive. Ryan Blaney on the pole today is relatively new, Daniel Hemric has been a competitive rookie in qualifying and Bubba Wallace is another young driver that has flashed some competitiveness.
            Maybe since I am not a long time fan of NASCAR I don't see the sport getting less entertaining as much as long time fans seem to be. I have lost most interest in Indy racing though.
            Maybe I would rather watch Americans race more so than foreigners? Similar to rooting for Denver Mattress/Truex and I was a fan of the Unser's in Indy and the Pikes Peak race.
            Maybe because I'm mixed race, I don't mind watching a mix of drivers. If you catch an Indy race, keep an eye on Colton Herta (Bryan's son). He's showing a lot of promise and he's only 18. Just checked. Out of 24 drivers, 11 are American (there's a couple more but they are not full time).

I've been watching NASCAR for awhile and when my favorite drivers disappear, I just pick another driver. Larson, C. Bell, Gragson are some of my current favorites (yes, I still like Kyle Busch ).

What can I say? Maybe I'm easily entertained.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
              Football Immortal
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              NASCAR is still running?
              At the rate things are going, it won't be for much longer...

the racing is terrible this year & nobody is going to the track anymore - bristol once the hardest ticket out there had an estimated 38,000 last week, richmond last night was no better.

i seriously doubt i would even go if tickets were given to me, the product on the track is not good & if things keep up this way with empty grandstands...nascar may end up going away.
              sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
                Football Immortal
                • Dec 2007

At the rate things are going, it won't be for much longer...

the racing is terrible this year & nobody is going to the track anymore - bristol once the hardest ticket out there had an estimated 38,000 last week, richmond last night was no better.

i seriously doubt i would even go if tickets were given to me, the product on the track is not good & if things keep up this way with empty grandstands...nascar may end up going away.
                Imo Nascar brought this on themselves. Too many changes. Instead of catering to your hardcore fanbase you tried to cater to the casual fan. Old tracks that have gone away any replaced by these boring tracks that are all closely the same.

I'd much rather watch the World Of Outlaws or a Indy Car race.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2003

well it's been a while since i posted & nothing much has really changed...racing continues to be not very good with the exception of the michigan race, so what is that like 1 out of 16 races?

may as well just remove everyone from the track & let truex & kyle busch race each other...at sonoma it was them 1-2 & then 3rd on back finished like 35 seconds behind...for real??

Anyway i am again getting pumped for our big event at the local track (jennerstown speedway) but this year it appears it's going to be an epic event...currently they have 46 drivers expected to enter the 30 car field for this major late model event that is paying out $10,000 to win.

The entry list for the 2 annual Motor Mountain Masters continues to grow. Currently 46 drivers from across the USA and Canada have confirmed their entries with speedway officials. Several other high profile drivers have inquired about the event and are expected to commit closer to the event. Pre sale tickets for the Saturday August 10th event are on sale now at www.jennerstown.org for just $15 for adults. $18 at the gate. Kids 12 and under are FREE!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Sounds like a great event, PA. Have fun and let us know how it went.

Trucks have been pretty interesting. Haven't watched this week's race (waiting for hubby. He's out of town). I did hear that Decker was upset with someone.

I'm going to go watch IndyCar practice. Sato got physical?

Wickens is driving a pace car with special hand controls. That's going to be emotional.

EDIT: Couldn't find a general MLB thread, so I'm putting it here.

Awesome game for the Angels yesterday.

From Yahoo Sports:

Numerical coincidences were plentiful, beginning with his 7/13/1991 birth date, and the Angels pointed them out. After scoring seven runs in the first inning, the Angels collected six more for a total of 13.

The last combined no-hitter thrown in California was on Skaggs’ birth date, when four Baltimore Orioles combined to shut out the Oakland Athletics on July 13, 1991. The Angels’ no-hitter Friday was the 11th in franchise history; Skaggs wore No. 11 at Santa Monica High.
                    To Tyler Skaggs

Last edited by Peanut; 07-13-2019, 02:01 PM.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                      Football Immortal
                      • Oct 2003

Not sure if you got to see the cup race @ kentucky yet peanut so i will just say this in case you haven't...

Wow! that was some finish, finally a good ending of a race.

Also would be nice to get to a track that tires fall off & make a big difference how you take care of them & that you certainly need them every stop & none of this 2 tire or even no tire stops, but i guess it does make for interesting strategy.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Not sure if you got to see the cup race @ kentucky yet peanut so i will just say this in case you haven't...

Wow! that was some finish, finally a good ending of a race.

Also would be nice to get to a track that tires fall off & make a big difference how you take care of them & that you certainly need them every stop & none of this 2 tire or even no tire stops, but i guess it does make for interesting strategy.
                        Thank you for the no-spoilers effort. I usually find out who wins, though.

I saw the finish of the Kentucky when I watched the IndyCar race. They promote each other because they're on the same network and have two cross-over owners (plus Cindric). Good finish.

I wonder how tires with different hardnesses would work in NASCAR? Make it mandatory to use reds at least once during the race. I don't know if it would make the racing better or not.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                          earthling
                          • May 2004

Check out Brexton pre-race at Pocono:

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Peanut
                            ModNut
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Check out Brexton pre-race at Pocono:

Cute. Kids have to amuse themselves somehow.
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                              earthling
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Cute. Kids have to amuse themselves somehow.
                              A chip off the old block.
                              Poor kid, looks just like Kyle.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

A chip off the old block.
                                Poor kid, looks just like Kyle.

Seems like tempers are flaring. This week, Stenhouse Jr and Kurt Busch. Wallace and Suarez. Last week, Stenhouse Jr and Jones. And, from a few weeks ago, Bowyer and Newman.

Dirt on Thursday. Always a fun race. I will have to watch it Friday because of the HOF game.

Football !
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X