• AZ Snake Fan
    earthling
    • May 2004

After he smacked head on into the wall,
    I thought his day was over.
    Boy was I wrong.
    Congrats kid !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2012

I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
      Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:
      sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

After he smacked head on into the wall,
        I thought his day was over.
        Boy was I wrong.
        Congrats kid !!!

That's better than a spin and win.

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
        Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:
        I love road courses. I'm a little disappointed with F1 right now, but they go to some beautiful tracks.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
          earthling
          • May 2004

What a waste of cars

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2003

So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!
            sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!
              It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the IndyCar Series have been sold to Penske Entertainment Corp. in a stunning announcement that moves control of the iconic speedway away from the Hulman family after 74 years.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                earthling
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/...indycar-series
                Wow, Penske has some big bucks !
                Thanks Peanut, I hadn't heard yet.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2003

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
                  2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
                  3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
                  4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
                  Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
                  2. Denny Hamlin
                  3. Harvick
                  4. Larson

well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there
                  sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there
                    Yes, we did good. I was really hoping Larson would do better. He's so talented, and unlike the other Kyle, he's a nice guy. -- Busch is a good guy, too. He still has his moments, though.

I know during the year, several people on TV have picked Hamlin to win the championship. I hope they're right. That's who I'm pulling for.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                      earthling
                      • May 2004

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
                      It would be Hamlin's first championship.
                      The other three have won before.
                      Denny sure has had a distinguished career
                      and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
                      outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
                      will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
                      in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
                      swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
                      at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
                      did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida.

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                        earthling
                        • May 2004

:doh: Going to be crazy, no practice, no quals, 50 minute window Saturday for some laps:

Weather causes schedule changes;
                        Cup qualifying canceled, Saturday practice added

By Staff Report
                        NASCAR.com
                        November 15, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Persistent rain showers and brief bouts of lightning in the area jumbled Friday’s on-track schedule at
                        Homestead-Miami Speedway. Saturday was impacted, too.

Both Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practices, NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
                        qualifying and NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice were canceled due to weather on the opening
                        day of championship weekend. NASCAR later announced that Saturday’s Monster Energy Series
                        qualifying was canceled in favor of adding one of the missed practices back to the schedule.

The starting lineup for Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 will be set by the rule book, meaning owner points
                        — Denny Hamlin will start from the pole position, with Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch
                        lined up behind him in spots 2-4. All drivers are part of the Championship 4 field. All points for the four
                        title hopefuls were reset to 5,000 for this race, with the tiebreaker being best finish of the Round of 8
                        — and then second-best finish as necessary.

That practice is scheduled from 2:05-2:55 p.m. ET, sandwiched between NASCAR Xfinity Series
                        qualifying and the Ford EcoBoost 300 title race in that series.
                        More: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ather-on-hold/

Complete line up:

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                          earthling
                          • May 2004

Miami Monster Energy Series pit stall assignments

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...l-assignments/

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                            earthling
                            • May 2004

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
                            Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
                            come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Comment

• Peanut
                              ModNut
                              • Jan 2007

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
                              It would be Hamlin's first championship.
                              The other three have won before.
                              Denny sure has had a distinguished career
                              and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
                              outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
                              will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
                              in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
                              swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
                              at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
                              did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida.

I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted.

Some are probably unhappy with the change, but it kind of makes sense for two reasons. Gives the western part of the US a chance to go to the final race. And maybe weather would be better? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
                              Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
                              come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Even though I wanted Hamlin, I'm not unhappy with Busch winning. He was my second choice of the four.

Not too happy with the Truck and Xfinity series. Told hubby, "anyone but Crafton" because I didn't really have a favorite. With xfinity, I was split between Bell and Allgaier.

Rookie of the Year for Cup should be good. Go Bell !
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X