Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194
Results 2,896 to 2,902 of 2902

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    It is certainly an impressive feat & kyle has now done it twice, not sure how many have actually even attempted all 3 races on a given weekend...that is a ton of racing.

i will admit i too was pulling for jones to get the win for two reasons...1. it would have been his first career cup win & 2. it would have really shaken up the playoffs & those on the bubble trying make it on points.
    In both the Truck and X races, he had to overcome some mistakes/penalties. It's not like he went out front and stayed there the whole race. He still annoys me at times, but he is one of the best racers out there. Fun to watch, if not to listen to.

There's something about Erik Jones that I really like. He has the talent like Busch but a quieter demeanor (read maturity ). I'm hoping he wins a race this year and also wins the ROTY. I think he'll blossom next year being with Gibbs (more directly). Joe is a father figure that will help Jones, personally and professionally.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Interesting race.

A little disappointed with Martin's interview. I understand the disappointment. I understand questioning the caution. But saying that a driver has no business being out there? At one point in Martin's career, he was "that guy". Kind of surprised coming from him. Thought he was better than that.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Unfortunately, yet not surprisingly, Jr is out of the chase. He had a good great car but not great enough. His gamble did not pay off either, just like every other gamble this year for him.

I really hope he can get one last win. Of course I would love that to be at Homestead, not only cause of it being his last race but also because I will be there. But I'd really love to see him take the checkered at Talladega.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Unfortunately, yet not surprisingly, Jr is out of the chase. He had a good great car but not great enough. His gamble did not pay off either, just like every other gamble this year for him.

I really hope he can get one last win. Of course I would love that to be at Homestead, not only cause of it being his last race but also because I will be there. But I'd really love to see him take the checkered at Talladega.
    It would be great for him to win a race. How about two? Homestead and 'Dega.

I've been reading more of his Twitter page. He has a great attitude. This year has been more to show appreciation for his fans. #appreci88ion

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Ok, i haven't posted of late because had a lot going on & really didn't get a chance but anyway some thoughts...

Richmond was interesting with the whole ambulance blocking the pits & causing a mess for a few teams 20 & 14 took the biggest hit there, which i must say i'm disappointed with how bowyer has performed in the 14 car, i expected better & at least to make the chase & have a win by now.

Chicago race...i thought was not very good, now i was mostly watching football but was checking in on the race & did watch most of the last half which was the worst...i mean i swear that not a single position changed in the top 10 over the last 50 + laps...that is just not a good show for anybody.

Anyway i always made predictions at the start of the chase & even though i'm a race late i will give them...

I have the first four out as Stenhouse, Dillion, McMurray & Kahne...& for the final four i have Truex (going on on limb there) Kyle Busch, Harvick & Larson

Truex will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok, i haven't posted of late because had a lot going on & really didn't get a chance but anyway some thoughts...

Richmond was interesting with the whole ambulance blocking the pits & causing a mess for a few teams 20 & 14 took the biggest hit there, which i must say i'm disappointed with how bowyer has performed in the 14 car, i expected better & at least to make the chase & have a win by now.

Chicago race...i thought was not very good, now i was mostly watching football but was checking in on the race & did watch most of the last half which was the worst...i mean i swear that not a single position changed in the top 10 over the last 50 + laps...that is just not a good show for anybody.

Anyway i always made predictions at the start of the chase & even though i'm a race late i will give them...

I have the first four out as Stenhouse, Dillion, McMurray & Kahne...& for the final four i have Truex (going on on limb there) Kyle Busch, Harvick & Larson

Truex will win it all
    I agree pretty much with your predictions. Truex has been so consistent.

Random thoughts:

Kahne in the #95 next year. It will be interesting how he does with that team. They should show an improvement.

Penalties on the #24. Drivers are starting to speak up. That was so blatant. What's NASCAR's message to the teams? If you're going to cheat, be more subtle?

#77 not with the #78 next year, but might come back eventually.

I'm still hoping Jones and Jr win a race this year.

I hope Patrick doesn't go back to IndyCar. Ganassi cutting back to 2 teams from 4 (they lost Target as a sponsor). Keeping Dixon and bringing in a new driver. I hope Penske gives Castroneves another chance at a championship instead of sending him to sports cars. And Penske needs to stop "sabotaging" his chances.

We record the races during football season. I still enjoy the races. Chicago was a bit much with so many cars getting lapped. And I really dislike hearing, "It's so hard to pass here" like at NH. What's the point of racing? I like F1, but whoever can survive turn one and take the lead on the first lap is pretty much the winner.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

What happened to the post by AZ last night? i saw & was going to reply but it was late & i was tired & ready for bed but anyway i will still give my thoughts since i did read the post...

First off AZ i will say it sucks that you are unable to see so many of the races due to the networks they are on & it should not be that way, with that being said i will admit even my interest level is down despite having the ability to see all the races & it's a combination of reasons...

obviously when smoke retired that was a big one for me, but i still planned on watching & i did for the first half of the season but i was seeing a pattern of only 2 or 3 guys leading these races & so that becomes boring & of course now that football season is back that takes precedent of racing, so i haven't really watch much at all of the last 3 or 4 races (not missing much as i referenced with 2 or 3 guys winning)

As for the potential changes, well it has to been painfully obvious to nascar that they are fighting a losing battle here...stands are at best half full & i'm certain viewership on tv has to be way down as well & that also can be attributed to several factors such as....

way too many changes from one year to the next causing too much confusion, already discussed the network tv situation, you also have really big time names leave the sport in the span of 2-3 years (gordon, stewart, edwards, jr) also one more thing in regards to the same couple dominating theses races, that wears on fans & perhaps i'm wrong on this one to be specific but i wonder if fans grew tired of watching the 48 win too dam much, i know i did.

will nascar be able to turn things around? who knows, perhaps all these young kids will bring new life & new fans to the sport but i honestly think nascar reached it's peak around 6-8 years back & has gone downhill since & IMO i don't think it will ever be at that level again.