Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199
Results 2,971 to 2,983 of 2983

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    The 48...LOL!

He was in the next round, all he had to do was ride behind truex & then he did the one thing that could knock him out...so stupid

we did alright with predictions peanut, we both got 3/4 correct.
    That was a fun race. Add rain and make it a night race.

Part of me can see why Johnson did what he did. I guess the need to win takes over logic.

And Larson should have learned a big lesson. Never give up (at one point, he said "why continue?"). I think my favorite part of the race was watching the 42 slam into this wall, slam into that wall, cross the finish line to go onto the next round.

Sad that the 20 didn't make it.

3/4 is pretty good.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Got to feel so bad for almirola at this point because it seems like he is snake bitten or something...

that had to be about the 3rd race this year that he had won but for something happening like a late caution or bad pitstop or something else...i thought they should have stayed out under the last caution, was only going to be about 5 or 6 laps to the finish

Got to feel so bad for almirola at this point because it seems like he is snake bitten or something...

that had to be about the 3rd race this year that he had won but for something happening like a late caution or bad pitstop or something else...i thought they should have stayed out under the last caution, was only going to be about 5 or 6 laps to the finish
    Watched it tonight. He'll get his wins. At least he's in good equipment and with a good team.

Weird stuff happening to the #48. Years like this humbles a person.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Watched it tonight. He'll get his wins. At least he's in good equipment and with a good team.

Weird stuff happening to the #48. Years like this humbles a person.
    I haven't watched the sport for like two years, as a Johnson hater, I enjoyed watching him eliminate himself from the chase. That was hilarious, especially since it came down to Larson's beat up car bouncing repeatedly off the wall to hobble its way past Jeffery Earnhardt.

I was concerned about this possibility. Prayers to Wickens and family.

I'm not posting a link to the article because Yahoo changes them so much.

IndyCar driver Robert Wickens has announced on his Instagram account that he’s paralyzed from the waist down.

Wickens said in his post:

“Did my first slide transfer as a paraplegic today. My upper body is getting stronger and stronger and hopefully I’ll be able to do it unassisted soon. I’ve only been posting videos of the small movement in my legs, but the reality is I am far away from walking on my own. Some people are a bit confused with the severity of my injury, so I wanted let you know the reality of it. I’ve never worked harder for anything in my life, and I am giving it all I’ve got to spark those nerves in my legs.”

The 29-year-old Wickens suffered major critical injuries after being involved in a horrific crash August 19 in the early laps of the IndyCar race at Pocono Raceway. His car flew up into the catchfence, spun several times in mid-air and landed hard against the inside retaining wall.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I heard that the team is not going to appeal the penalties.

The No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing team has been issued an L1-level penalty following driver Kevin Harvick’s win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway, an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The team violated Section 20.4.12 of the NASCAR Rule Book that is specific to spoilers. Spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer and not altered. The infraction was discovered in post-race tear down at the NASCAR Research & Development Center.

As a result, Harvick has been docked 40 driver points and the team loses 40 owner points as well. Harvick’s win at Texas no longer automatically qualifies the team for the Championship 4 in Miami. He will enter this weekend’s Round of 8 finale fourth among eight playoff drivers in the standings, three points above the cutline – should there be a tie for the final transfer spot, Harvick cannot use the Texas win in the tiebreaking procedure.

Additionally, both crew chief Rodney Childers and car chief Robert Smith have been suspended for the next two races – ISM Raceway at Phoenix and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Childers also has been fined $75,000.
    I feel bad for Johnson. They've had such a bad year, they really didn't need NASCAR to have a breakdown in communication that resulted in them starting from the back.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I heard that the team is not going to appeal the penalties.

I feel bad for Johnson. They've had such a bad year, they really didn't need NASCAR to have a breakdown in communication that resulted in them starting from the back.
    I can't ever feel bad for Johnson, he's like the Raiders of Nascar racing.

Sucks for harvick & the #4 team but i honestly don't think it will matter, i think he will be more determined than ever & go out there & win at phoenix which happens to be his best track overall with 9 wins including earlier this season.

yeah the track has been reconfigured & all but i don't think it will make a difference...only thing that keeps the 4 team from advancing would be crash/mechanical failure or something along those lines.

i also still believe he wins at all at homestead.

Harvick(Champion)
    Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Bowyer
    Larson (Champion) -- the opposite of what happened to him last year. I'm hoping he peaks during the play offs
    Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Harvick
    3 out of 4 for both of us. Joey messed us up.

I'm going with Kyle. Surprised?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

3 out of 4 for both of us. Joey messed us up.

I'm going with Kyle. Surprised?
    Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team

Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team
    The flat happened so early in the race, I figured he would be okay (as long as there wasn't significant damage to the car). They did good by not panicking. It wasn't a must win for them.

Too bad for Kurt and the #9. Almirola has done really well. Last year, the 10 was like a mid-20's team.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

RIP David Pearson

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I'm out of the loop, just heard about the Silver Fox. RIP indeed. He was great for the sport and all those around him.
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau