Page 105 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3118

Thread: NASCAR Thread

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Bet I know someone happy about today's race....

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Bet I know someone happy about today's race....
    Yeah i'm happy but also a little bit shocked that he pulled it off considering how poorly he has run all season & then suddenly he's battling for a win.

    Tough break for Jimmie though & had that not occured then i don't think anybody challenges him & he walks away with another win at Dover but i guess you take then anyway you can.

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    15,051
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Yeah i'm happy but also a little bit shocked that he pulled it off considering how poorly he has run all season & then suddenly he's battling for a win.

    Tough break for Jimmie though & had that not occured then i don't think anybody challenges him & he walks away with another win at Dover but i guess you take then anyway you can.
    Anytime the 48 gets black flagged I smile. Mark finished in the top 10 and didn't get wrecked so I guess it was an ok race. Got to figure Montoya is going to win an oval soon, he has come close several times.

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Congrats to Tony! I'm glad he won.

    Had fun yesterday at our first NW race. Surprised Kyle Busch took 4 tires today on that last caution after what happened yesterday.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,272
    I find it odd that I have on more than one occasion found myself rooting for Montoya...I normally can't stand him but something about his attitude of late has me warming up to the guy. For sure a fun race to watch!


  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Sad for Bobby fans. They say they're not replacing him, but this is kind of the first step. I know they have their reasons, but I find it odd not to put Allmendinger in at Sonoma. Road courser, you know (He didn't crash out twice last week in IndyCar, right? )?

    Give Bobby a decent car and he'll get it in the top 5-10.

    Driver change in the #47 at MIS? MORE: Could #47 JTG/Daugherty Racing be looking to make a driver change at Michigan International Speedway next weekend? Although Bobby Labonte has driven the No. 47 car since 2011, with the team teetering just within the top 30 in owner points, sources tell FOXSports.com that AJ Allmendinger has been approached to fill the seat and offer a fresh opinion. Labonte, who turned 49 on Saturday, has 21 career Sprint Cup wins but has not posted a top-five finish in the car since he debuted with JTG/Daugherty in the 2011 Daytona 500. The 2000 Sprint Cup champion scored top 10 finishes last year at Daytona and Martinsville Speedway but his best result in 2013 was 15th in the Daytona 500. After a busy month of May in the IndyCar Series  including a top 10 finish in the Indy 500  Allmendinger, 31, returns to stock cars this weekend at Pocono Raceway with Phoenix Racing. He will start 18th on Sunday after qualifying was rained out on Friday. Team owner Tad Geschickter could not be immediately reached for comment.(FoxSports)
    MORE AJ Allmendinger will replace Bobby Labonte next week at Michigan International Speedway as JTG Daugherty Racing looks for answers for its struggling performance. Labonte is tentatively scheduled to return to the car the following week at Sonoma Raceway. The 2000 Cup champion, Labonte is mired in 28th in the standings with a season-best of 15th at Daytona. Having driven for JTG Daugherty Racing since 2011, Labonte does not have a contract for next season, but team co-owner Tad Geschickter said Saturday that this change is just to get a second opinion. The team does not have sponsorship for five races in 2013 and Allmendinger could run all of those five but that is still to be determined, said team co-owner Brad Daugherty. "We're not replacing Bobby  he's still our driver," Geschickter said. "But we have a few races that we don't have any sponsor activation and it was pretty easy to do (a change and) some benchmarking. The big issue for a single-car team, how else do you benchmark for your car? & Michigan is the only one set in stone (for a change). Bobby will be back in the car at Sonoma. It is just a good opportunity for us to verify what Bobby thinks the main issue is." Allmendinger declined comment on the reports Saturday, deferring to Geschickter.(Sporting News)(6-8-2013)
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Sad for Bobby fans. They say they're not replacing him, but this is kind of the first step. I know they have their reasons, but I find it odd not to put Allmendinger in at Sonoma. Road courser, you know (He didn't crash out twice last week in IndyCar, right? )?

    Give Bobby a decent car and he'll get it in the top 5-10.

    Lame.....I'd love to seem him land a quality ride but to be honest I think he's done.


  8. #1568
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,341
    .



    The aerial shots of Pocono were beautiful.

    The TV coverage by TNT was not.
    We saw more commercials than laps.
    The first two cautions were during commercials.
    Self-promo TNT commercials and redundant sponsor ads.
    Louis, the manly grill king, McCafe skinny dippers splashing each other etc.
    Ridiculous and disappointing. TNT got greedy at the NASCAR fans' expense I say.
    TNT showed very little pit road action, the place many races are won or lost.
    Whenever the caution came out or green light pit stops began, they went to commercial.
    I feel lucky that I was at least able to see the restarts.

    Anyone else unhappy with the TNT coverage ?
    Give me Fox, ESPN and SPEED.
    Take TNT and ......

    .

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .



    The aerial shots of Pocono were beautiful.

    The TV coverage by TNT was not.
    We saw more commercials than laps.
    The first two cautions were during commercials.
    Self-promo TNT commercials and redundant sponsor ads.
    Louis, the manly grill king, McCafe skinny dippers splashing each other etc.
    Ridiculous and disappointing. TNT got greedy at the NASCAR fans' expense I say.
    TNT showed very little pit road action, the place many races are won or lost.
    Whenever the caution came out or green light pit stops began, they went to commercial.
    I feel lucky that I was at least able to see the restarts.

    Anyone else unhappy with the TNT coverage ?
    Give me Fox, ESPN and SPEED.
    Take TNT and ......

    .
    It always takes me a few races to get used to the new network.

    The thing I didn't like? The ad bar (or whatever it's called) at the top of the screen. Total waste of space. They could have put a logo on the position scrolly thingy (Sorry for getting too technical ). It just shortened the viewing area too much.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    15,051
    Another disappointing finish for Mark after almost winning this race last year. I fell asleep during the race too. That's what I get for staying up till 4 in the morning then getting up at 11:30 to watch the race

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    It always takes me a few races to get used to the new network.

    The thing I didn't like? The ad bar (or whatever it's called) at the top of the screen. Total waste of space. They could have put a logo on the position scrolly thingy (Sorry for getting too technical ). It just shortened the viewing area too much.
    Yea no joke...I kept trying to adjust my screen thinking " am I not in hd or do I have it set to stretch or something...this can't be all the more actual screen is left over their bar that took over half the space....I hate TNT's coverage, it's a joke and waste of time...


  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Rest in Piece Jason Leffler

    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,209
    RIP Jason.

    Leffler killed in Sprint Car wreck in NJ: Details are still spotty, but NASCAR Nationwide regular Jason Leffler has been severely injured in a wreck at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey. Leffler was racing a Sprint Car at the track's "Night of Wings." While the details of the wreck are still yet to emerge, Leffler apparently flipped in the track's front stretch and, according to eyewitness accounts, was extracted from the car on a board. He was airlifted out of the track via helicopter. The remainder of the night's racing was cancelled. Leffler has spent most of his decade-plus career in the Nationwide series, running full schedules from 2006 to 2011. He has two wins, 42 top fives and 107 top 10s in the Nationwide series. He's also run 73 races in Sprint Cup, most recently at Pocono last week.(Yahoo Sports)
    UPDATE: NASCAR driver Jason Leffler died after an accident Wednesday night at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway. The 37-year-old Leffler, a two-time winner on the Nationwide Series, was pronounced dead shortly after 9:00pm/et, New Jersey State Police said..(Associated Press)(6-12-2013)
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,802
    So sad... R.I.P. Jason Leffler...
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,035
    Woke up & saw this in the paper, very sad news. R.I.P. Jason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •