Page 138 of 193 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2893

Thread: NASCAR Thread

  1. #2056
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Welcome!

    Kurt has kind of grown on me. I think he still has his moments, but don't we all?
    Hello there. Kurt has grown a lot, I think. I am so proud of him for his Indy 500 run. He's a hella driver.


    It's great to be here.

  2. #2057
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,026
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL_fanatic View Post
    Hello there. Kurt has grown a lot, I think. I am so proud of him for his Indy 500 run. He's a hella driver.


    It's great to be here.
    He did do good at Indy. Open wheel is my first love.

    I find myself cheering for him and it's like, What am I doing?!?
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  3. #2058
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,040
    Darian Grubb suspended 6 races & Hamlin loses 75 points (no big deal there cause he has a win)

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR suspended Denny Hamlin's crew chief and car chief on Tuesday for six races because the Joe Gibbs Racing entry failed inspection following his third-place finish at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

    Denny Hamlin's crew chief Darian Grubb was suspended six races after the No. 11 Toyota failed inspection at Indianapolis.
    Darian Grubb and Wesley Sherrill were both suspended through the Sept. 6 race at Richmond. Grubb, the crew chief, was also fined $125,000.

    It strips Hamlin of two vital crew members during the stretch of the season he would be putting the finishing touches on preparations for NASCAR's title-deciding, 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Grubb and Sherrill, who also each received six months' probation, are not eligible to return until the Chase opener, Sept. 14 at Chicago.

    JGR said in a statement it will appeal the penalty, but Grubb and Sherrill will begin serving their suspensions immediately. Under NASCAR rules, suspended competitors can compete until the appeal process is complete, but delaying sitting out would extend the suspensions into the Chase should JGR not get portions of the penalty overturned.

    Also, Hamlin and team owner Joe Gibbs were docked 75 points apiece in the driver and owner standings. It dropped Hamlin from 11th to 21st in the Sprint Cup standings. But, as a race winner already this season, Hamlin is likely guaranteed a spot in the 16-driver Chase field.

    Hamlin's car failed post-race inspection Sunday because NASCAR said it found issues with several of the covers in the rear firewall of the driver compartment. Loose or missing covers could vent the driver compartment and create more downforce for the car.

    The penalty was considered a P5 infraction under the scale NASCAR implemented this season. It clearly defines penalties and their punishments on a P1 to P6 scale.

    Penalties found post-race are subjected to an additional 25 point deduction and an increase of the fine by up to $50,000 than if they would have been found before the race. NASCAR has deemed a P5 penalty so serious, it does not consider intent.

    "P5 penalties, in general, are extremely serious," the rule book states. "They represent other key safety areas not mentioned elsewhere in this (penalty) section and potentially performance-related areas of the car that might or might not afford a competition advantage, but with a violation occurring in such a fashion that it would be naive to attribute the violation to an accident, omission, or misunderstanding, even if it was an accident, omission, or misunderstanding."
    Very cute of Nascar to make it 6 races considering there are 6 races until the chase, so he will return in time for the chase to start.

  4. #2059
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,833
    I'll be going to the Nationwide race here in a couple of weeks at Mid Ohio... I'll also be at the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio this weekend.

  5. #2060
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    Well Mark is going back home to Roush to be a drivers coach. Maybe they will start to run up front again?

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  6. #2061
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Well Mark is going back home to Roush to be a drivers coach. Maybe they will start to run up front again?
    Hard to figure out what's going on at Roush...first Kenseth leaves & now Edwards is going & those were his top two most consistent drivers.

    Now they are left with 44 year old Biffle, who can still race but is inconsistent in recent years & then Stenhouse & Bayne.

    Not exactly world beaters there & one would have to say that Roush has definitely taken a few steps backwards, but perhaps mark can teach the lads a thing or two.

  7. #2062
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Hard to figure out what's going on at Roush...first Kenseth leaves & now Edwards is going & those were his top two most consistent drivers.

    Now they are left with 44 year old Biffle, who can still race but is inconsistent in recent years & then Stenhouse & Bayne.

    Not exactly world beaters there & one would have to say that Roush has definitely taken a few steps backwards, but perhaps mark can teach the lads a thing or two.
    In my opinion it started back in 2007 when they wouldn't let Mark run only part time and instead replaced him with David Ragan. I know Mark has said he doesn't want to drive again, in the back of my mind i'm secretly hoping the Wood Brothers will ask him to run their car in the Daytona 500

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  8. #2063
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,040
    When it rains, it pours ha ha!

    This is starting to remind me of the days of josh mcdaniels as our coach

  9. #2064
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,876
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    When it rains, it pours ha ha!

    This is starting to remind me of the days of josh mcdaniels as our coach
    At least Jimmy is struggling the last several races too!


  10. #2065
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,026
    We went to Sears Point on Wednesday as the trucks came in for the NHRA. We couldn't walk around the track because of that, but we got some good pictures of turn 11 and got to go into the gift shop.





    Saw this in the parking lot at the Redwoods.
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-04-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  11. #2066
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    We went to Sears Point on Wednesday as the trucks came in for the NHRA. We couldn't walk around the track because of that, but we got some good pictures of turn 11 and got to go into the gift shop.





    Saw this in the parking lot at the Redwoods.
    Great pics. Only Nascar tracks I've been to are Bristol (night race in 2005) Chicagoland (2009 Mark won the race!) and Iowa Speedway

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  12. #2067
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...stewart-081014


    If this is true I don't know what to say. I pray Kevin Ward is ok but it doesn't sound good at all. I read somewhere Regan Smith will be in Tony's car tomorrow.

    *Edit* There is now a video on youtube of the incident, i didn't post it here because its pretty graphic. I honestly don't know what to think right now.
    Last edited by roushmartin6; 08-09-2014 at 11:55 PM.

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  13. #2068
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,026
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...stewart-081014


    If this is true I don't know what to say. I pray Kevin Ward is ok but it doesn't sound good at all. I read somewhere Regan Smith will be in Tony's car tomorrow.

    *Edit* There is now a video on youtube of the incident, i didn't post it here because its pretty graphic. I honestly don't know what to think right now.
    When I heard that it was a dirt track and that it was the rear tire, first thing I thought of was "fishtail". I know Tony has a temper, but I would hate to think that he would do this on purpose.

    Prayers to all involved, including the fans who witnessed it.

    roushmartin6, thank you for not posting the video.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  14. #2069
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    When I heard that it was a dirt track and that it was the rear tire, first thing I thought of was "fishtail". I know Tony has a temper, but I would hate to think that he would do this on purpose.

    Prayers to all involved, including the fans who witnessed it.

    roushmartin6, thank you for not posting the video.
    Yea I really hope he didn't do it on purpose. I know he has a bad temper and a short fuse but this is just sad and no problem about the video, its not something everyone needs to see.

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  15. #2070
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,476
    ‪#‎BREAKING‬: ‪#‎NASCAR‬- Ontario County NY Sheriff confirms that Kevin Ward Jr., driver hit by Tony Stewart at a sprint car race has died of his injuries. Reports say that Stewart has been released and was cooperative with authorities. Investigation at this time is “not criminal.” As of now, Stewart still plans to compete in Sunday's Sprint Cup Race at Watkins Glen.

    Saw this on facebook. Hopefully its not true

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •