Page 145 of 208 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3116

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

You jinxed Jr lol.
    A whole bunch of the top contenders crashed hard today.
    Kinda throws a monkey wrench into the mix.
    This may get interesting.
    Good for Joey, the kid ran hard.

On to Charlotte !!!

Need a win big time. Hopefully he can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyfn-_AW1h4

Such a depressing video. Wish Nascar would go back here and ditch a date at one of the 1.5 tracks. A short track that goes uphill and downhill, Wilkesboro was so unique

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Watching the video I posted has me really thinking about the future of Nascar. Ever since Brian France took over, I really feel the sport is dieing a slow death. I started watching Nascar when I was a little kid, around 1996. The sport was great. The cars had that awesome sound, they didn't have problems like aero loose or tight, they were giant monsters screaming around tracks across the country. You knew who drove the Tide car, the Goodwrench car, the Valvoline car, the Dupont car. You didn't need more than one sponsor to run a competitive team. The tracks were unique and spread across the country. As the sport moved closer to the year 2000, the sport was booming. Unfortunately we lost part of what made it great in North Wilkesboro which I think was one of the first dominos to fall. Bruton Smith and Bob Baehr bought the track, closed it and moved the dates to Texas Motor Speedway (an almost identical track to Charlotte) and New Hampshire Speedway. Anways, the sport was growing at an outstanding rate, it soon was the number 2 sport behind only our beloved NFL football. Tracks couldn't build seats fast enough to keep up with the demand for tickets to tracks. Cities were transforming from the revenue that races brought in. Chicagoland and Kansas were built (more 1.5 tracks). Then Dale Earnhardt was killed in Daytona, not only was his loss huge for the sport, but an important voice was lost as well. Dale had a lot of say in the garage and Bill France trusted his opinions.

When Brian France took over, the sport started to tailspin. For some reason tracks like Darlington and Rockingham lost dates to go to tracks who already had a date and were similar to other ones. Darlington is just now getting back its proper date for the Southern 500. The cars were changing into sleek bullet like things that could go fast, but now handled like crap if you weren't leading the race, resulting in boring follow the leader races. The rules were tighened. You now only had a choice of two gear ratios now in an effort to police the teams. No longer could you sacrifice fuel mileage for speed. You ran what Nascar said you could. Now every team can make it on fuel within 5 laps of each other now. I don't need to tell you have lame that is. Dale Earnhardt would have been the first to speak out on all the rules changes that have taken place since he died. Nascar is no longer Nascar. They sold out. They claim to want to keep the cost of operating down yet car counts are way down because you can't afford to buy the parts from Nascar needed to build these cars, do the testing, or truck cars across the country in a schedule that could be aligned better. Now tracks are taking seats out so they don't look like a joke with more tarps on the seats than a Jags game. Texas built a giant TV (just like Charlotte) on the backstretch in an effort to bring people to the track. I haven't been to a race since 2009 because 1, its so expensive to travel with the economy, and hotels multiply the problem with jacked up room rates when Nascar is in town and 2. The racing is just not as good as it was in the late 90s, early 2000s.

The Nationwide series has become a huge joke. Its basically cup Saturday practice now. 10-15 years ago you had teams that could just run the Nationwide/Busch series and make a living doing it. Now its basically cup teams with a few independent teams fighting to survive. Sure you had guys like Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Ward Burton, even Jeff Gordon a few times that would run in the Busch series, the difference is they didn't run almost every race, just a handful a year. Now if you want great racing a chance to develop young talent, you run them in the truck series. This brings me to my next issue. The Nationwide schedule is almost identical to the cup schedule. Gone are stand alone tracks such as Nazareth (another track thats in terrible condition now, look it up) Pikes Peak, Memphis, Nashville (both the short track and the superspeedway), Milwaukee mile, etc. I was very happy to see Gateway return to the schedule.

Finally you have the points system. Auto racing is a sport built on consistency, not eliminations and gimmicks. The chase was ok when they introduced it, I understood the reasong behind it after Matt Kenseth's championship. But now they literally change the rules every year, its hard to take the sport seriously anymore. I watch Nascar during the NFL offseason but once football is back, I don't watch much of it. With Mark retired its even more the case, no driver to root for. Sorry for this long post but watching the Wilkesboro video got me thinking. I still love Nascar and I wish it would go back to the glory days. I don't want to see it die out and become a memeory like Wilkesboro

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Yeah it was a tough break for Jr. for sure, i thought he had a decent shot at the cup this year but it will be really hard now without winning 1 of the next 2 races.

As far as the 48 goes...no disrespect but i could care less about him crashing out & don't care if he has problems the next 2 races & i'm willing to bet just about anybody outside of being a fan of the 48 feels the same way.

You can only take so much of the same thing year after year before you get sick & tired of it.
    Ditto.
    Chad has a big bag of tricks, NASCAR has only caught a few of them over the years.

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Keselowski is such an idiot!

When matt kenseth goes after someone then you know it's bad because matt is just not that kind of person.

It sure was fun to watch though & i say they should have let them go at it instead of getting in the middle of them & holding matt & denny back.

When i first saw how brad's front got smashed, i couldn't help but laugh at what tony did. i am however a bit surprised he did with all that has gone on with the accident & all but that's just smoke being himself.
    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 10-11-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Keselowski is a crybaby ... he should be reprimanded for his actions tonight. And I am no Kenseth fan either, but I did not see him or Hamlin do a thing to crybaby in the race, especially not in the last restart.

Poor Brad.

I hope Larson wins a race this year. He just needs to stop hitting the wall.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Kenseth took the law into his own hands against bullying last night lol....

Going to be interesting to see what penalties nascar hands down over all this, remember a few years back they sat kyle out of a race after he went after hornaday under caution

I could see NASCAR sitting Keselowski for at least one race. Its one thing to provoke an incident with one driver, but when you've got 3 drivers looking for you after a race, well, you probably done wrong.

And it's not the first time Keselowski has had an on track incident like that.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    I could see NASCAR sitting Keselowski for at least one race. Its one thing to provoke an incident with one driver, but when you've got 3 drivers looking for you after a race, well, you probably done wrong.

And it's not the first time Keselowski has had an on track incident like that.
    I think they just fine him money. They don't want to lose viewers and after this incident, there could be a ratings spike

NASCAR issues penalties for Charlotte post-race: NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers #2-Brad Keselowski and #14-Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
    " Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
    " Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents
    Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
    " Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
    " Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident
    "These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."(NASCAR)(10-14-2014)
    I'm surprised Hamlin didn't get penalized. I thought he did some bumper car stuff.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Well boys & girls i am going to Martinsville! Just purchased tickets a short time ago & here's the story...

My son's idea...obviously we can't afford it & haven't gone to any races for a couple years but after all the trips to the local short track this year, he wanted to go to the big show & i said maybe next year we can work something out.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago & my son won $400 from school for doing so well in one of his classes & that's what he wanted to do with the money, i even gave him an option to put that money towards car insurance so we can get him his license because we can't afford that either until next year.

Nope he chose to go to the race & so me my wife & my oldest son are heading down to Martinsville, VA & i'd imagine that should be a good one...lots of beating & banging on the short track.

Just thought i would share the story with all my fellow nascar fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Well boys & girls i am going to Martinsville! Just purchased tickets a short time ago & here's the story...

My son's idea...obviously we can't afford it & haven't gone to any races for a couple years but after all the trips to the local short track this year, he wanted to go to the big show & i said maybe next year we can work something out.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago & my son won $400 from school for doing so well in one of his classes & that's what he wanted to do with the money, i even gave him an option to put that money towards car insurance so we can get him his license because we can't afford that either until next year.

Nope he chose to go to the race & so me my wife & my oldest son are heading down to Martinsville, VA & i'd imagine that should be a good one...lots of beating & banging on the short track.

Just thought i would share the story with all my fellow nascar fans.
    Nice school.

I know a couple of people who have been to Martinsville (the ladies I meet up with in Dover. They're from NY). They loved it. You'll have a great time.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Nice school.

I know a couple of people who have been to Martinsville (the ladies I meet up with in Dover. They're from NY). They loved it. You'll have a great time.
    This will actually be the second time we have been to martinsville, ironically this is the track we first took him to about 10 years ago, but he was so young i doubt he remembers much from that day.

Should be a good time for sure & i will post pics when we get back.