Page 153 of 208 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3118

Thread: NASCAR Thread

NASCAR Lifts Kurt Busch's Suspension; will be Chase-eligible: NASCAR announced that, effectively immediately, the indefinite suspension of Kurt Busch has been lifted. He is eligible to return to NASCAR racing under indefinite probation subject to additional mandatory requirements that include but are not limited to participation in a treatment program and full compliance with any judicial requirements placed upon him. On Feb. 20, Kurt Busch, driver of the #41 car, was found to be in violation of:
    • Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
    • Section 12.8: Behavioral Penalty
    The decision to lift the suspension was made by NASCAR after Kurt Busch:
    • Complied with all requirements in its reinstatement program;
    • Completed the mandatory behavioral assessment sessions; and
    • The behavioral health care expert who conducted the sessions recommended to NASCAR that Kurt Busch be allowed to return to competition.
    Kurt Busch now will undergo additional steps to address the behavior for which he was penalized.
    The requirement that a driver must compete in all Championship Events of the current season to be eligible for The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has been waived for the period of Kurt Busch's suspension. Assuming he returns to NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, Kurt Busch would have zero Championship points to date after missing the Daytona 500 and the two most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
    "As we stated last week, the elimination of the possibility of criminal charges removed a significant impediment to Kurt Busch's return to full status as a NASCAR member," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer. "We therefore have decided to move him to indefinite probation and waive the Chase requirement. He has fully complied with our reinstatement program during his suspension and the health care expert who conducted his evaluation recommended his immediate return. "We have made it very clear to Kurt Busch our expectations for him moving forward, which includes participation in a treatment program and full compliance with all judicial requirements as a result of his off-track behavior."(NASCAR)(3-11-2015)

Its about time Nascar. I wouldn't have had any problem with him being suspended if they would have waited for the legal process to play out, but they jumped the gun and look foolish for it now

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

for PA. He was running good, too.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    for PA. He was running good, too.
    Yeah he was running well for a change & i was pleasantly surprised, but in the end he wrecked himself for the most part.

Though i'm sure the team is disappointed, they should be at least encouraged for how they ran even if the results don't show.

Speaking of results (i can have a sense of humor about this)...Kurt Busch has more points in 1 race than Tony has in 4 races now that is funny in a goofy kinda way

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Yeah he was running well for a change & i was pleasantly surprised, but in the end he wrecked himself for the most part.

Though i'm sure the team is disappointed, they should be at least encouraged for how they ran even if the results don't show.

Speaking of results (i can have a sense of humor about this)...Kurt Busch has more points in 1 race than Tony has in 4 races now that is funny in a goofy kinda way
    That's sad. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. Laugh or cry, right? It's like when Skinner's tire fell off when he was going for the Truck Championship a few years ago.

Family court will not reopen Kurt Busch case: Kurt Busch's request to have his protective order hearing reopened by a Kent County Family Court commissioner was denied Tuesday. The decision by Commissioner David Jones, while not in Busch's favor, now allows Busch to proceed with his planned appeal of the decision to a family court judge. Busch's legal team filed the motion to reopen the hearing Feb. 19, four days after Jones granted the protective order and one day before Jones released his findings and conclusions on why he had determined that Busch had likely committed an act of domestic violence on ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. In the motion to reopen the hearing, Busch's legal team said it had three witnesses -- including Beverly Young, whom Driscoll has referred to as her mother although they are not biologically related -- who had come forward willing to testify to place doubt on Driscoll's testimony and show that Driscoll was out to ruin Busch. Jones denied the motion Tuesday, ruling that the witnesses could have been compelled to give depositions in December or January and that their testimony would not have changed his opinion. "The newly discovered evidence, when considered in the context of the evidence presented at trial, would not establish that [Driscoll] was motivated by desire to ruin [Busch] when she first reported the allegations of abuse," Jones wrote. Driscoll issued a statement Tuesday stating she was pleased with the decision.(ESPN.com)(3-17-2015)
    I'm really curious about Jones. It's like he made up his mind and won't see anything else.

And please note again. I'm not a Kurt fan.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

While I'm sick of champion caliber Sprint drivers running in the Xfinity races, specifically Harvick and Brad K, I guess the young guys can learn a few things from chasing the Sprint rabbits.

Chase Elliot made an incredible move on Brad K for the pass with 8 to go and I was luvving it !!!
    Here's to Tony making his first finish of the year above 30th place tomorrow ! (PA )

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

What a shame the way that went down with all those late cautions, because Kurt deserved to win that race...

the 41 car was awesome all weekend & was the class of the field, but they got beat by the caution flag & nothing else.

Also harvick is on some kind of run of epic proportions...8 consecutive top 2 finishes can anybody slow that team down?

What a shame the way that went down with all those late cautions, because Kurt deserved to win that race...

the 41 car was awesome all weekend & was the class of the field, but they got beat by the caution flag & nothing else.

Also harvick is on some kind of run of epic proportions...8 consecutive top 2 finishes can anybody slow that team down?
    You're right, that win today was a steal by yellows, that's racing.
    Yeah PA, NASCAR could slow Harvick if they tore down all his new motors lol !!!

Prayers to J.D. and family. Some really nice tweets from the drivers.

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015...-to-j-d-gibbs/

The NASCAR family sent a large outpouring of support and well wishes to J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing.

The team issued an announcement on Wednesday that Gibbs is being treated for symptoms impacting his brain function.

While Gibbs is not taking a leave of absence, he will scale back on his presence at races while undergoing treatment for the malady.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Yup, once again Nascar shows its inconsistency with their yellow flags and it royally screwed Kurt

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Prayers to J.D. and family. Some really nice tweets from the drivers.

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015...-to-j-d-gibbs/

The NASCAR family sent a large outpouring of support and well wishes to J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing.

The team issued an announcement on Wednesday that Gibbs is being treated for symptoms impacting his brain function.

While Gibbs is not taking a leave of absence, he will scale back on his presence at races while undergoing treatment for the malady.
    Yea it was sad news to read today. Hopefully they get him fixed up soon

March Madness Means Martinsville !!!

Grr, my satellite TV service doesn't even show highlights now.

That was a heck of a finish in the truck race...let's hope we have one just as good for the cup race.

Martinsville is a great track that is action packed, how cool would it be if they installed lights & ran a saturday night race!

That was a heck of a finish in the truck race...let's hope we have one just as good for the cup race.

Martinsville is a great track that is action packed, how cool would it be if they installed lights & ran a saturday night race!
    That 17 yr old Cole Custer racing for Jr has quite a future !!!

Yo PA ! Tony is lining up front in the third row tomorrow.

Here is Tony back in 1991:

How 'bout that mullet !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

That 17 yr old Cole Custer racing for Jr has quite a future !!!

Yo PA ! Tony is lining up front in the third row tomorrow.

Here is Tony back in 1991:

How 'bout that mullet !!!
    Before I evolved into a shark I was a mullet!