Page 157 of 208 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3116

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I was pulling for Truex too.
    Hope he gets the fan vote for the all-star festivities.

Erik did real good up until lap 70.
    JJ showed him some side air and that was it.

Young Kyle had a good run too !

Actually by Tony staying out he got the lucky dog and back on the lead lap.
    He just got hit in the rear while he checked up for Erick's crash in the wall.

Can't believe all those guys made it on fuel, it was tight.
    If a green/white checker came out it would be a whole different outcome.

Oh well, on to CHARLOTTE !!!
    I don't know AZ, it just didn't make any sense at all to me to not take the wave around like nearly every other car 1 lap down did but maybe i'm missing something so let's examine...

Lap 94 caution comes out for jeb burton spin, at this time tony was 17th & i believe 1 of 19 cars just 1 lap down...all cars had completed green flag stops between laps 70-75 so they had anywhere from 20-25 laps on tires & fuel.

By not taking the wave around with the rest of the field, stewart falls from 17th to 33rd still 1 lap down while 16 cars jumped back to the lead lap & leapfrogged the 14 car...yes he got the lucky dog on the next caution but he had already given up 16 positions because all those wave arounds were in front of him.

This is what caused him to get hit from behind on the caution at lap 130 because he was at the back of the field instead of midpack where he should have been & that is what makes it such a stupid move i think, i guess my point is that if he takes the wave around like everyone else did, then he never gets hit because he is not that far back.

Unless you or anybody else has a different theory on why they would make that call or could help me understand how letting 16 cars jump in front of you was a good thing

Well, since you put it that way, you're right again PA !
    Bad call for sure. You watch Tony a lot closer than the rest of us lol !!
    Maybe something to do with all the meds Gibson is on ?
    Those kidney stones are mighty painful I hear.
    He's been dealing with that for 2 months.

On to Charlotte !!!

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Kyle Bush is coming back..

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...charlotte.html

Let there be no doubt that Kyle Busch is ready to be back.

Asked what he missed most in the three months he's been recovering from injury, he didn't hesitate.

"The biggest thing I missed is being able to hold up trophies and being in Victory Lane,'' Busch said Tuesday in a conference call with the national racing media to announce his return to the seat of the No. 18 Toyota Camry in Saturday's Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway (9 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, MRN, SiriusXM).
    Busch received medical clearance from his doctors and NASCAR on Monday. He has yet to make a start this season after suffering a compound fracture in his right leg and a broken left foot in the Feb. 21 season-opening XFINITY Series race at Daytona International Speedway.

The shorter All-Star race and its segment-and-break format was enticing for the return, Busch said.

"I think it's a great race to come back to, it's shorter and it's a non-points event and there's mandatory cautions after every 25 laps so it gives you an opportunity to take a breather, take a rest and that will all help me make adjustments to myself as well as being behind the wheel of the 2015 Camry for the first time because I haven't had the opportunity to race at all in this aero package," Busch said.

" For me, getting into the All‑Star Race I felt like was a good idea just based of the fact of being able to get in, get behind the wheel, being able to go 200 miles an hour again, get a small taste of it, make sure everything is good, the body is good, everything is fine, which I anticipate it to be.

"If there's things I need to work on, maybe I can work on during the week to get myself a little bit more prepared for the 600 coming up to the longest one. I definitely would have said coming back for the 600 is going to be really, really tough. That's why I feel like the All‑Star Race is the perfect advantage to be able to come back. "

While NASCAR has given Busch the green flag to compete, it has not ruled yet on whether Busch would receive a medical exemption to challenge for the championship should he otherwise qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.

The rules state a driver must at least attempt to qualify for all 26 regular-season races to be eligible to earn a berth. A driver earns a Chase berth by winning a race and being ranked among the top 30 in the points standings, with the remaining slots filled by the highest-ranking driver in the Sprint Cup standings.

There are 15 races remaining for Busch to score a victory and gather enough points to break into the top 30. The maximum number of points a driver can earn each weekend is 48 -- and that includes winning a race and leading the most laps.

The current 30th-place driver is Tony Stewart, who has 179 points through the first 11 races.

"I know there's been some good dialogue on the subject but I'm not aware that there's a decision made at this point,'' Busch said. "As I mentioned last month, I'd love to race for a win and a spot in the Chase. I believe the top-30 rule makes a lot of sense.

"For me, in my mind, it was intended for someone in my situation, for someone who has a car and team and sponsor set to run the entire year for a championship. I think it was set up to try and keep guys from just trying to grab a win at a road course or restrictor-plate track or something like that.

"We'll see what happens. That's in (NASCAR's) hands and we'll see what the decision is."

Should Busch receive a medical exemption, he has reason to be optimistic about his playoff chances. He has wins on 10 of the 13 tracks left to set the Chase field, including both road courses, Sonoma Raceway (one) and Watkins Glen International (two).

In fact, 19 of Busch's 29 career Sprint Cup wins have come on the 13 remaining regular-season venues. He has four wins alone at Richmond, which hosts the regular season finale, and five at Bristol.

Busch has shared the recovery process with his fans on social media during the past three months, showing the evolution from hospital bed to wheelchair to standing alone. And in the last two weeks Busch finally got behind the steering wheel again, testing a late model at a North Carolina short track.

"Well, it was shaking the rust off for me, but also just proving that I can handle brake pressures, clutch, all that stuff with the foot, making sure the leg wouldn't tense up or spasm or anything in the race car being locked in sort of a particular angle,'' Busch explained. "The test went really well. It worked good to simulate as much of the racing situations as we could. I ran over 300 laps in the first lap down in Greenville‑Pickens (S.C.). The brake pressure I felt was probably comparable most to Dover, Charlotte being lighter than what Dover would be."

He and team owner Joe Gibbs have maintained from the very beginning that there was no rush on the recovery -- that everyone has been committed to a cautious and safe healing taking precedence.

And Busch joked even after getting medical clearance from the doctor, team and NASCAR, "I don't know that I convinced my wife 100 percent yet. It's a process."

On the practical side, however, Busch said even his doctors were impressed with the speed and thoroughness of his recovery.

"I think as far as physical shape and working out, I've been doing therapy three, sometimes four and five days a week, so I feel like I'm well ready to go and the cardio aspect is there and the physical aspect is all well there,'' Busch said.

He likened the pedal pressure he felt testing the car to being about the same pressure he has felt doing leg presses in physical therapy.

"There's probably some soreness there, but I wouldn't call it pain," Busch said. "In my mind, if I had to say the thing that concerns me the most and it would only be on a 2-factor out of a scale of 1-10 is the amount of walking I have to do between the hauler and the car and pit road for qualifying, but (qualifying) won't be an issue this week for the All-Star Race. Being in the car I felt really good in the late model tests.

"My feet and legs, everything works good inside the race car. It's just the amount of time standing on my feet, they tend to get tired a little more quicker than they used to.''
    Good for Kyle getting back, bet Peanut will be happy...but i had to laugh at the mere fact that tony's name is mentioned as being 30th place in points, where kyle would need to get...so funny yet so sad

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Kyle Bush is coming back..

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...charlotte.html

Good for Kyle getting back, bet Peanut will be happy...but i had to laugh at the mere fact that tony's name is mentioned as being 30th place in points, where kyle would need to get...so funny yet so sad
    I am happy. It'll be good to see him back on the track.

We're not going to the Spring Truck race like we usually do. I'll miss seeing the ladies from NY, but we want to take our oldest daughter to see Gordon's last race at Dover in October (her favorite driver). Wish we had the extra money to do the all-access passes to pit road (watch the race from there). We could legally stalk Gordon (with a side-track of 2 Kyles).
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Kyle had the fastest lap in final practice for the All-Star Race !
    Not bad after coming back from two broken legs.

Showdown results: Biffle advances from round one; Clint Bowyer took round two.
    Fan vote: Danica Patrick.
    These three go on to the All-Star Race tomorrow night.

(Danica looks a lot better in that Mobil 1 paint than Tony does lol)

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Kyle had the fastest lap in final practice for the All-Star Race !
    Not bad after coming back from two broken legs.

Showdown results: Biffle advances from round one; Clint Bowyer took round two.
    Fan vote: Danica Patrick.
    These three go on to the All-Star Race tomorrow night.

(Danica looks a lot better in that Mobil 1 paint than Tony does lol)
    She looks better than him both on & off the track ha ha!

That was some great 3 wide racing in that second segment between truex, larson & bowyer even if it was just for a couple laps, it was exciting!

Only problem is i knew once bowyer got the lead that it was over because he had 4 vs 2 tires...would have been nice if that battle was on the last 2 laps & not the first 2

How did you all like the truck race? Dumb caution. At least, it wasn't for debris. Unless you consider the truck itself debris.

E. Jones does not like to lose. Last week bothers me more, though. I really dislike fuel racing.

Oh, and IMO, Tony looks better.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    How did you all like the truck race? Dumb caution. At least, it wasn't for debris. Unless you consider the truck itself debris.

E. Jones does not like to lose. Last week bothers me more, though. I really dislike fuel racing.

Ok i can see why you would say that even if tony has packed the weight back on ha ha!

I didn't see the whole race as we were watching a movie on chiller channel, anyway...

I did happen to catch the end & that was one hell of a finish yet at the same time it's too bad the kid didn't win after he passed kahne & was pulling away & the caution comes out.

Jones seems like the real deal & one heck of a talent & yet so young, just 18 years old...i think he could be the next big superstar in nascar.

Ok i can see why you would say that even if tony has packed the weight back on ha ha!

I didn't see the whole race as we were watching a movie on chiller channel, anyway...

I did happen to catch the end & that was one hell of a finish yet at the same time it's too bad the kid didn't win after he passed kahne & was pulling away & the caution comes out.

Jones seems like the real deal & one heck of a talent & yet so young, just 18 years old...i think he could be the next big superstar in nascar.
    Jones shows respect to the vets, but isn't intimated by them. Like Larson.

Kyle B. has an eye for talent.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Kahne's truck failed post inspection. They might get points taken away and a monetary fine. Like big deal, right? For a team and driver that doesn't run the whole season. I think they should take first place away. I know. It'll never happen.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    That's probably what is is. Hopefully they sort something out in future as they are losing a chance to make Nascar more popular over here.
    So far, all the NASCAR races have been shown on Fox Sports 1 and the FOX network.
    After the July 5th Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, the remainder of NASCAR's Sprint Cup series will be broadcast on NBC. The remainder of the Xfinity races start on NBC in Daytona with the Firecracker 250 on July 4th. The CWTS Trucks stay on Fox for the rest of the season this year.

Possibly you will get those races on the NBC network over there across the pond.
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c.../schedule.html

~~~

I really feel good about the future of NASCAR with kids like Jones, Elliot and Larson coming up.
    (They should take the win away from Kahne for failing inspection.)
    ~~~

Tony’s pet looks better than Tony lol

~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    No problem, I feel the same way. Nascar lost a great man today
    Yo roushmartin6 ! Haven’t seen you around lately, hope all is well.
    We miss your insight and input.

The pre-race grid walk with MW and Bryson Byrnes was absolutely priceless.
    Bryson was carrying the All-Star $1 million cash prize money around to show all the drivers.
    I hope that you all were able to see it.

Here’s a small part of it:

~~~
    Denny ! Coach Gibbs gave the opening prayer.
    Good fun, looking forward to next week at Charlotte.
    Best wishes to Kyle and Samantha !
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 05-16-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Yo Az..lots of good stuff there & especially before the race with bryson, i'm sure that meant alot to that young man to be able to do that, very nice gesture

Now on to my weekly rant...for an all star race, that flat out sucked!!! absolutely no action, nobody racing all that hard. this night was supposed to be for the fans, but i just didn't see it.

Now let me discuss something else that hit me tonight & of course it's about my man smoke...i have come to realize now that he is nothing more than that old overweight guy just riding around because he has nothing else in life.

As sad as that may sound, i think it's the truth & maybe more importantly, i think it's the only thing keeping tony stewart going in life anymore.

He needs to race even if it's just riding around because he does not know anything else...what a tragic end to such a great racing career.

I am thankful for the all the great years he had, but also i'm a bit sad that this is where he is at in his career.

Thanks for the memories tony...you will always be a champion in my book

Good stuff, AZ. I missed Bryson, but we recorded it so I can go back and watch it.

PA, when I started posting here, my main driver was Skinner and hubby's was Bobby Labonte. You just described their careers (Skinner was competitive in Trucks, but a bit of a step down from Cup, you know?). Fizzle.

Gordon has the right idea. Go out on his own terms. He is taking it all in. All the lasts. All the tributes.

He's letting the fans say goodbye.

Maybe someone will have a sit-down with Tony.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Good stuff, AZ. I missed Bryson, but we recorded it so I can go back and watch it.

PA, when I started posting here, my main driver was Skinner and hubby's was Bobby Labonte. You just described their careers (Skinner was competitive in Trucks, but a bit of a step down from Cup, you know?). Fizzle.

Gordon has the right idea. Go out on his own terms. He is taking it all in. All the lasts. All the tributes.

He's letting the fans say goodbye.

Maybe someone will have a sit-down with Tony.
    I still can't believe Gordon is giving it up full time. I get why and I hope he enjoys the heck out of it, he has earned it. But he could still compete for more championships if he wanted to. He has been a very good driver and good for the sport and I am happy for him.

As for Tony, I don't think Tony has been the same since Zip left. I still think he has more left in the tank though.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I've always said, Tony's likability and talent hinges on his weight. Fat Tony=Angry Tony, Skinny Tony=happy and successful Tony. He packs the weight on and he starts getting grumpy.