Page 178 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2893

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Nice segment on Stewart. I hope he does well today.

They should have left Jimmy's name alone.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Congrats to Chris Buescher on his first career cup win & boy will this shake things up for the chase.

Buescher is 31st in points but just 6 points out of 30th which would make him chase eligible & at the same time bump everyone from 13th on back in points down one spot & thus knock larson from 16th to 17th & put mcmurray on the bubble spot 9 points ahead of larson.

Hendrick teams in trouble outside of the 48...kahne & jr will have to win one of the last 5 races to get in & elliott in effect would drop to 15th, i believe +36 points ahead of 17th...hard to imagine hendrick could end up with just 1 chase driver but that's what this win by buescher has possibly done.

Smoke continues to gain momentum...last 7 races he has a win, 4 top 5 finishes & outside daytona, hasn't finished lower than 11th.

Tony's throwback for darlington, in honor of Bobby Allison...of course i'm a little biased but that is one sweet lookin ride

Thinking about going to Mid Ohio tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Thinking about going to Mid Ohio tomorrow
    Did you go?

Just watched the race today. That was more fun than Eldora. Congrats to Marks. He did an outstanding job in the rain.

I love the racing community. I wish they had named the other drivers that helped.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...tionals-081316
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Stupid rain!

this is looking like a very long night, if they can even get it in tonight...been a tough year with the weather.

really sucks for the fans that make the trip to the tracks

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Stupid rain!

this is looking like a very long night, if they can even get it in tonight...been a tough year with the weather.

really sucks for the fans that make the trip to the tracks
    Next day and it's still in rain delay.

We went to the Red Sox game in Baltimore Wednesday (posted pictures in Red Sox Nation). They played in the rain until the lightning started. We got soaked. Went from being in a sauna to being in an ice bath, which is unusual around here.

Hopefully, they'll get the race in today.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I haven't finished watching the IndyCar race from yesterday, but saw this:

So glad that Castroneves is okay. You could see the tire marks on the side pod right next to his head.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Congrats to Kyle Larson and team!

His first Cup win and he's thinking of Bryan Clauson and family. One of the reasons I really like him.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats to Kyle Larson and team!

His first Cup win and he's thinking of Bryan Clauson and family. One of the reasons I really like him.
    It was nice to see him finally get that win & get the monkey off his back, because he could have won at least a half dozen times or more.

Not sure what he heck was up with tony today... had been running really strong the last couple months but just wasn't good at all today. this package seems like it's tough to pass...seemed like most positions never changed much through the race.

Congrats to Amber Balcaen from The 'Peg, who became the first Canadian woman to win a NASCAR sanctioned event this weekend....in Radford, Virginia. This 24 year old did us proud! Not sure where this takes her, but I guess all that winter driving paid off!!!

Last edited by CanDB; 08-29-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    It was nice to see him finally get that win & get the monkey off his back, because he could have won at least a half dozen times or more.

Not sure what he heck was up with tony today... had been running really strong the last couple months but just wasn't good at all today. this package seems like it's tough to pass...seemed like most positions never changed much through the race.
    Some of it was his own fault. I remember mumbling, man you have to stop hitting the wall. Some of it was not his doing.

I think some of the teams try experimenting once they're in the Chase. I thought that's what Jimmie did, but last year it continued into the Chase.

I would love to see Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, Tony and Truex at Homestead.

Some things I just read. Larson is the 27th driver to win in all 3 series. And he's the first graduate of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity to win a Cup race.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Some of it was his own fault. I remember mumbling, man you have to stop hitting the wall. Some of it was not his doing.

I think some of the teams try experimenting once they're in the Chase. I thought that's what Jimmie did, but last year it continued into the Chase.

I would love to see Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, Tony and Truex at Homestead.

Some things I just read. Larson is the 27th driver to win in all 3 series. And he's the first graduate of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity to win a Cup race.
    Thanks Peanut !
    Kyle also is a product of the NASCAR NEXT initiative.
    http://next.nascar.com/

Kyle is an amazing young man; hope he reaches his full potential.
    Also, NASCAR's Diversity Intern Program (NDIP) offers opportunities to bright young men and women.
    Kudos to all the donors and sponsors !!
    http://hometracks.nascar.com/diversity

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

DALE EARNHARDT JR. TO MISS REST OF 2016 SEASON

"I wish I could return to the No. 88 team this season," Earnhardt said in a release provided by the team. "To say I'm disappointed doesn’t begin to describe how I feel, but I know this is the right thing for my long-term health and career. I'm 100 percent focused on my recovery, and I will continue to follow everything the doctors tell me. They're seeing good progress in my test results, and I’m feeling that progress physically. I plan to be healthy and ready to compete at Daytona in February. I’m working toward that."
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    DALE EARNHARDT JR. TO MISS REST OF 2016 SEASON

"I wish I could return to the No. 88 team this season," Earnhardt said in a release provided by the team. "To say I'm disappointed doesn’t begin to describe how I feel, but I know this is the right thing for my long-term health and career. I'm 100 percent focused on my recovery, and I will continue to follow everything the doctors tell me. They're seeing good progress in my test results, and I’m feeling that progress physically. I plan to be healthy and ready to compete at Daytona in February. I’m working toward that."
    That's too bad. But he's doing the right thing.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness