Page 195 of 205 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3067

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Congrats Martin Very well deserved and very happy for him and his team.

Thanks Dale
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Congrats Truex you really deserved it this year. Best car just about every week

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart?ref_...ksgiving-photo

Tony Stewart

@TonyStewart

She said YES!
    4:00 PM - Nov 23, 2017

~~~

Congrats Tony and Penny !!!

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say.

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Its a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75 degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say.

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Its a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75 degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.
    Watched the 500 quals today.
    Congrats to Alex Bowman in the 88 for P1 and Denny in the 11 for P2.
    Those are the only two with locked pole positions.
    All the rest will be determined by the duals this week.

Wow, maybe Hendrick Motorsports will be competitive again.
    Jimmy and 3 young kids.

I heard Jeff Gordon say Danika will run Indy backed by GoDaddy.
    I was able to figure out most of the driver, team and number swaps.
    I just didn't catch any of the new rule changes but I tuned in right as they started the 500 quals.

I won't get the Clash or the Duals 'cause I cut the cord but I will get the 500 next week.
    They'll probably go into all the new rules in depth then.
    Great to have NASCAR back, it'll get me through to our new Broncos season.
    I'm really impressed by the abundance of young and talented drivers.

Well, the Clash today was...mixed.

Started off great. The high line was the better line but the bottom line was competitive too. The new package had these cars really moving around a lot...for about the first 40 laps. After that no one wanted to do anything but run single file along the top. Occasionally a car would pull out of line but no one would go with them so they'd fall back a few spots and get back in line. Kept waiting and waiting for guys to make a move as the laps winded down. With 20 to go, nothing, 15 to go, nothing, 10 to go, still nothing, 5 to go, nobody was making a move!!! No one made a move until a quarter way down the back stretch on the final lap. Guys stepped out of line, the bottom started moving, and then Kyle Larson kind of recklessly rear ended JJ, who was running 4th, and sent him into the wall. Along with JJ and Larson, Chase Elliot, Kyle Busch and a few other guys were caught up in the crash. From there on it was a 3 man run away of Keselowski, Logano, and Kurt Busch. The crash killed Kurt Busch's momentum towards the front as he lost all his push from behind. He finished 3rd and Logano didnt make any attempt to pass his teammate for the win.

With every single car in the Duals already guaranteed a spot in the 500, Thursday night probably wont be to crazy. Probably more of the same as what today was. With the way the cars were moving around today in the first 40 laps, the 500 should bring really good racing. I wouldnt be surprised if there are 2 Big Ones, nor would it surprise me if the final 25-30 laps of the 500 are riddled with cautions.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!
    Should make Kyle Busch happy.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Well another CRASH 500 is in the books & i know some of you will disagree with me but that's ok because we are all entitled to our own opinions but here are my thoughts...

First off let me say i used to like the restrictor plate races years ago but recently i have started to not really care for them much because they are nothing but crashing & yes it's always been that way but lately it's just a series of a bunch of crashes as opposed to maybe one big one.

As for today, same thing...bunch of aggressive racing by blocking & them crashing each other. I wasn't crazy about the finish & feel that the 3 car wrecked the 10 car to get the win & i get it, it's the daytona 500 last lap but come on it's not like the 10 car swerved lanes on him, the 3 flat out ran him over & i don't care for that.

i ask this, would that same move have been ok at lap 100 or 150 or any other lap for that matter other than the last lap? no it would be heavily criticized, so why then is it ok just because it's the final lap & for the win? because that is a double standard.

announcers want to label these guys as the best race car drivers in the world well how about proving it by running a restrictor plate race without destroying a bunch of cars because that is all it is, it's just know the aggression is through the roof & perhaps it's the lack of veteran leadership that has left the sport...

think about it, no more gordon, stewart, edwards, earnhart jr, kenseth, biffle etc.

just my feelings & i am curious as to what you all think

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Well another CRASH 500 is in the books & i know some of you will disagree with me but that's ok because we are all entitled to our own opinions but here are my thoughts...

First off let me say i used to like the restrictor plate races years ago but recently i have started to not really care for them much because they are nothing but crashing & yes it's always been that way but lately it's just a series of a bunch of crashes as opposed to maybe one big one.

As for today, same thing...bunch of aggressive racing by blocking & them crashing each other. I wasn't crazy about the finish & feel that the 3 car wrecked the 10 car to get the win & i get it, it's the daytona 500 last lap but come on it's not like the 10 car swerved lanes on him, the 3 flat out ran him over & i don't care for that.

i ask this, would that same move have been ok at lap 100 or 150 or any other lap for that matter other than the last lap? no it would be heavily criticized, so why then is it ok just because it's the final lap & for the win? because that is a double standard.

announcers want to label these guys as the best race car drivers in the world well how about proving it by running a restrictor plate race without destroying a bunch of cars because that is all it is, it's just know the aggression is through the roof & perhaps it's the lack of veteran leadership that has left the sport...

think about it, no more gordon, stewart, edwards, earnhart jr, kenseth, biffle etc.

just my feelings & i am curious as to what you all think
    We've been out of town, so haven't seen the race, yet. Did listen to it on the radio (so many ads).

I have not been a fan of restrictor plate racing. So many drivers love it. Some fans love it. And when they didn't take some of the banking out when they repaved a few years ago, that told me that NASCAR likes the way it is.

Wrecking other cars, to me, is not racing. Win at all costs? I can see the desire, but I guess I don't like the method. To fulfill your dreams, you take someone else's away. Can't pass him cleanly? Then you don't deserve to win. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Some of the younger drivers do seem to be impatient. Some seem to need to "prove" themselves, like Dillon.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Being at the race, sitting 4 rows from the top and having a perfect view and listening to Austin Dillon's radio the entire last 2 laps, the wrecking of Amirola was in no way intentional. I know the camera's on TV provide extremely close views but they can't show every angle perfectly, every car movement all at once, and nor to they overlay a drivers radio over the video.

Here is how the situation really played out.

Amirola was on the bottom in front of Hamlin. Dillon was pushed by Bubba Wallace, giving him run on the backstretch and Amirola moved up to block him. Dillon let off and tried to look low but stayed high. Amirola began to go back down to the bottom to block Hamlin from possibly getting a run. As Amirola was moving down, Dillon's spotter told Dillon that he was getting another push from Bubba Wallace and that Dillon clear. Dillon then stayed with the run he got from Wallace's push and hit Amirola's right side rear bumper, sending Amirola into the wall.

Dillon then said he had a run, thought he was clear, and then asked if the race was over cause the caution came out. His spotter than replied that it was over and that he had won.

The TV broadcast seem to give off the impression that what Dillon did was dirty and fully intentional, but it clearly wasnt when you take into account what transpired on radio. Dillon thought he was clear based on the spotter saying he was clear. Dillon was actually clear, but it was clear of Hamlin on the bottom, not of Amirola on the top. Dillon's spotter didn't make known where Dillon was clear. When you see the car in front of you begin to head back to the bottom and you hear your spotter say clear, my immediate reaction would be to assume I'm clear in front.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

that my friends was a complete beat down by harvick & the #4 team! nobody had anything for harvick & i'm so glad he got the win because he sure earned & deserved it.

so many times the best dominating car doesn't win the race & for that matter with harvick at atlanta the past 4 races where he has led for like 1,000 laps or some absurd number.

the fords look good in the early going & the whole stewart-haas team was really strong all race long...chevy has work to do & i have doubts about if time is about up for johnson & the 48...on to vegas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    that my friends was a complete beat down by harvick & the #4 team! nobody had anything for harvick & i'm so glad he got the win because he sure earned & deserved it.

so many times the best dominating car doesn't win the race & for that matter with harvick at atlanta the past 4 races where he has led for like 1,000 laps or some absurd number.

the fords look good in the early going & the whole stewart-haas team was really strong all race long...chevy has work to do & i have doubts about if time is about up for johnson & the 48...on to vegas
    It is nice when the strongest car wins. Harvick has history with this track. Cool that he acknowledged the 3.

Daytona week. Finally watched all the races. I am not impressed with Stenhouse. And I still don't like plate racing.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Harvick & the #4 team look like the team to beat this year...they are flat out killing the field &next up is his best track of all at phoenix, so we very well could see 3 in a row.

also still think that the run is about over for jimmie & the 48...not competitive at all & reminds me of tony's final couple years...age catches up to everyone