Page 198 of 201 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3007

Thread: NASCAR Thread

A few thoughts on the race...

First congrats to chase on getting the monkey off his back & getting that first cup win, i thought for sure truex was going to get by & also kyle had the car to beat but without a caution he wasn't getting back to the leaders.

Seemed liked those 3 had the field covered by a long shot & that brings me to the other part that was surprising & that was the fact that harvick was not a factor at all for perhaps the first time all season & also really shocked that almendinger didn't run better, he is usually really strong at the road course races.

Well now in a moment i am gonna post something that i am super excited about for this coming weekend at the local track, it's a really big event...

https://www.jennerstown.org/news/his...ne-month-away/

Historic Event At Jennerstown Speedway Complex Less Than One Month Away

(Jennerstown, PA) On Saturday, August 11, 2018, Jennerstown Speedway Complex will host a racing event of national attention. The inaugural running of the “Motor Mountain Masters” event will match racing teams from all over the United States, head to head, on the Laurel Highlands paved oval. The prize money to be paid out to the competitors is more than six-times the amount of money paid for most Saturday night races. Since the announcement of “The Masters” back in December of 2017, the interest of the short-track racing world has been piqued.

The top level of racing on Saturday nights at Jennerstown Speedway is the Martella’s Pharmacies Late Model division. On August 11, Late Model drivers from all corners of Pennsylvania and New York, plus several states in the Midwest and the Southeast will converge at the half-mile oval. The regional superstars, who compete more frequently at Jennerstown, are determined to “defend their home turf” and keep the majority of the prize money in the Laurel Highlands region. Over $53,000 will be paid out to racers on “Masters” weekend, as the Late Model competitors’ feature race will be 150 laps in distance. Typically, on a Saturday night at Jennerstown Speedway, a Late Model feature race is 30 laps. The notable increase in prize money and lap/distance, makes the “Masters” event one of the most eagerly anticipated, crown-jewel events in America, during the 2018 season.

The “Motor Mountain Masters” agenda includes two days of on track activities, and three separate divisions of race cars. The Somerset Trust Company Fast ‘n Furious 4-Cylinder division, and the Stoystown Auto Modified division will be competing for drastically increased prize money, awarded for longer distance races as well. On a weekly basis, the 4-Cylinders compete in a 15-lap feature race; the “Motor Mountain Masters” weekend feature race will be 35 laps in distance. The Modifieds, which compete in a 20-lap feature event each Saturday of the regular season, will battle for 50 laps, during the inaugural “Masters” weekend.

Friday, August 10, will be “Practice Night,” offering the out-of-state drivers a chance to become familiar with the Jennerstown pavement, and gain valuable experience on the big, fast, surface. Racers of all three divisions are welcome to test and tune their equipment on Friday night, and general admission for spectators is FREE to Practice Night. All official competition, including time trials, will take place Saturday, August 11, with qualifying at 5pm. Opening ceremonies will occur at 6pm, with racing to start immediately after.

“It’s been almost 25 years since a national-scope, special event of this magnitude has been held at Jennerstown Speedway,” Promoter Mike Lysakowski pointed out. “In the early days of asphalt racing at Jennerstown, Late Model drivers from all over the country would make a yearly visit for races of significant prize money, or even some televised events. This is the first race of such caliber, since the track has been brought back to life after the ‘silent years’ here. Teams from all over the nation have expressed interest in competing in the ‘Masters,’ the past several months,” Lysakowski confirmed.

Congrats to Chase! Nice to see him get his first win.

I know a lot of people don't like Kyle, but he is an impressive driver. To restart that far back and finish third on a road course?

Looks like a lot of fun, PA! Nice to see people supporting their local track.

Brian France has made the news this week. It will be interesting to see how NASCAR handles this. I know he's not a driver, but... If he has a problem, I hope he gets some help.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

How was the Motor Mountain Masters, PA?

Interesting weekend for racing. Some good racing. A fan wanted to fight Kyle Busch. I guess that's Bristol.

We were at Six Flags yesterday. Got a notice about a red flag in the IndyCar race because of an accident. Saw the crash on my phone. When I got home, I watched it again and still cringed.

So glad Robert Wickens is going to be okay. Two broken legs as well as injuries to his spine, lungs and right arm. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Scary how close Wicken's car was to Hunter-Reay's helmet. Split the roll bar.

We lost Justin Wilson 3 years ago at the same track (Pocono).
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Interesting weekend for racing. Some good racing. A fan wanted to fight Kyle Busch. I guess that's Bristol.

We were at Six Flags yesterday. Got a notice about a red flag in the IndyCar race because of an accident. Saw the crash on my phone. When I got home, I watched it again and still cringed.

So glad Robert Wickens is going to be okay. Two broken legs as well as injuries to his spine, lungs and right arm. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Scary how close Wicken's car was to Hunter-Reay's helmet. Split the roll bar.

I do not only watch out for canucks, but I must say that it looked pretty bad for our guy Wickens when his car crashed and then started spinning in the air. So relieved that he is apparently doing well, other than the obvious need for surgery.

Car racing is such a highly skilled sport, but when accidents happen, they are pretty scary. I am amazed how often these racers minimize their injuries.

Hey peanut, just saw this as i was out of town for a few days for work & what a coincidence you being at six flags because tomorrow me & the wife are headed up to cedar point for a few days...

So the motor mountain masters was good, but not the car turnout they were expecting, there were 18 late models & 16 modifieds with only 3 out of state late model drivers & 1 modified...the rest were sat. night regulars but the racing was good despite the lower car count than what they wanted.

Bristol was crazy from what i saw, i was trying to do a fire & watch the race checking in every now & then...i saw the first stage before heading outside & i said no way kyle would get back in contention with that damage but sure enough he did...that was hard to believe, i think had he been a little more patient with truex then he wins the race but it wasn't to be.

Haven't seen the indy crash yet but heard it was crazy...i will check it out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Hey peanut, just saw this as i was out of town for a few days for work & what a coincidence you being at six flags because tomorrow me & the wife are headed up to cedar point for a few days...

So the motor mountain masters was good, but not the car turnout they were expecting, there were 18 late models & 16 modifieds with only 3 out of state late model drivers & 1 modified...the rest were sat. night regulars but the racing was good despite the lower car count than what they wanted.

Bristol was crazy from what i saw, i was trying to do a fire & watch the race checking in every now & then...i saw the first stage before heading outside & i said no way kyle would get back in contention with that damage but sure enough he did...that was hard to believe, i think had he been a little more patient with truex then he wins the race but it wasn't to be.

Haven't seen the indy crash yet but heard it was crazy...i will check it out shortly.
    Too bad about the Masters. At least it was good racing.

Yeah, Kyle took the blame for that one. It was amazing to watch him go through the field. I was surprised that his twitter was so calm. I guess he took someone's advice and responded only to the positives.

Wickens had rods and screws put in his back. I guess it's too early to tell the extent of the damage. I just pray that he recovers completely.

Have fun at Six Flags!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I should dig up my Ernie Skittles shirt.

And have I mentioned I'm not crazy about Dillion?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I should dig up my Ernie Skittles shirt.

And have I mentioned I'm not crazy about Dillion?
    Don't worry dillon will be one of the first 4 out after the cut...if not for his daytona 500 win then he is not even close to the playoffs....

Indy has the potential to be crazy being the the last chance to get in, some teams are going to pull out all the stops & don't be shocked if someone unexpected wins...newman & menard have both won this race & that would knock either bowman or johnson out if that happens.

not that it matters because i feel either one of them would not advance out of round 1 anyway...

predictions to follow after the race

Sad that Furniture Row Racing is closing. They say it's a lack of sponsorship. Seems like it would be easier to get sponsors since they won a championship. Some longtime sponsors are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Don't worry dillon will be one of the first 4 out after the cut...if not for his daytona 500 win then he is not even close to the playoffs....

Indy has the potential to be crazy being the the last chance to get in, some teams are going to pull out all the stops & don't be shocked if someone unexpected wins...newman & menard have both won this race & that would knock either bowman or johnson out if that happens.

not that it matters because i feel either one of them would not advance out of round 1 anyway...

predictions to follow after the race
    I enjoy your predictions. You've done pretty good with them.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

They released more details of Wickens' injuries this week.

•Thoracic spinal fracture
    •Spinal cord injury
    •Neck fracture
    •Tibia and fibula fractures to both legs
    •Fractures in both hands
    •Fractured right forearm
    •Fractured elbow
    •Four fractured ribs
    •Pulmonary contusion

He has a long recovery ahead. Prayers continue for him and his family.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

^^^ that just sounds awful & so much pain to deal with & to recover from^^^

didn't get to see the race being on a monday with work so i have no comments about that, but it is playoff time now so how bout some predictions...

So let's start at the top & who will be the final 4 to race for the cup & no surprises hear...

Harvick(Champion)
    Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Bowyer

Now for the round 1 cuts

Johnson
    Bowman
    Dillion
    Hamlin

Round 2 cuts

Almirola
    Blaney
    Jones
    Elliot

Round 3 cuts

Kurt Busch
    Keseloski
    Larson
    Logano

Your predictions look pretty good, PA. Logical.

I would like to see:

Larson (Champion) -- the opposite of what happened to him last year. I'm hoping he peaks during the play offs
    Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Harvick

Round 1 cuts

Johnson
    Bowman
    Dillion
    Almirola

Round 2 cuts

Logano
    Blaney
    Kurt Busch
    Elliot

Round 3 cuts

Jones
    Brad
    Bowyer
    Hamlin

Totally not based on logic.
    Last edited by Peanut; 09-15-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I haven't watched the IndyCar race, yet, but had to see who won the Championship.

Congrats, Dixon! Glad it wasn't Rossi. Haven't been happy with the way he's been driving and not getting any penalties for it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

The 48...LOL!

He was in the next round, all he had to do was ride behind truex & then he did the one thing that could knock him out...so stupid

we did alright with predictions peanut, we both got 3/4 correct.