Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    It could be a situatiuation like with the #2 and their will be a major defection. I'm still supirsed he is behind the wheel of the douce.

I have heard rumors of Little e driving the 3 in few years, what have you heard
    Dale Jr. says he will not leave DEI until he brings the organization a championship, but I really don't see that happening in just a few years. No doubt, Dale Jr. has a talent, but he is WAY overrated.

Oh, and as for Kurt Busch in the Blue Deuce, we'll I won't even go there.

But with the case of Kyle Busch (or Shrub as I like to call him) in the 5 car, is simply a slap in the face of Terry Labonte's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty6
    Dale Jr. says he will not leave DEI until he brings the organization a championship, but I really don't see that happening in just a few years. No doubt, Dale Jr. has a talent, but he is WAY overrated.

I think he is where he is at beacause of DADDY
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

It seems like the problem with Jr. is that he seems to want to have a life outside of racing. I don't know if it's music or endorsements or women or whatever, but don't you get the sense that he doesn't eat, drink, and sleep racing like his Dad did?

As for being over-rated, I think we've discussed this on here before. It's largely because of Daddy like South says but also has a lot to do with his primary sponsor. Like Nike, they definitely have the ablility to create a legend out of an otherwise ordinary athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco
    It seems like the problem with Jr. is that he seems to want to have a life outside of racing. I don't know if it's music or endorsements or women or whatever, but don't you get the sense that he doesn't eat, drink, and sleep racing like his Dad did?

As for being over-rated, I think we've discussed this on here before. It's largely because of Daddy like South says but also has a lot to do with his primary sponsor. Like Nike, they definitely have the ablility to create a legend out of an otherwise ordinary athlete.
    I agree on both parts. Jr. seems like racing isn't his whole life. I'm not so sure about the sponsorship thing though. Budweiser does play a large role in his popularity, but I'd say he would still have close to the fan base he has today (which is mostly his fathers) if Bud were to leave Jr. But I don't see that happening.

Another driver that is only racing due to hi slast name is Kyle Petty, If it whre Kyle Smith or Kyle Jones he would not have a ride.

Another driver that is only racing due to hi slast name is Kyle Petty, If it whre Kyle Smith or Kyle Jones he would not have a ride.
    I agree there, I like Kyle and he used to be good, but not anymore. I'd like to see him and the whole Petty organization do well this year.

Speaking of drivers named Kyle that shouldn't have a ride, what about Kyle Busch and his 3 year old tantrums and sissy throwing of his HANS device like a retard with a Frisbee.

Alot of drivers I dislike, but Kyle Busch is a whole other level of disliking for me, probably near the verge of hate. I dispise that little pr!ck with a passion. And from this article, looks like Rusty Wallace doesn't like him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Wallace Article
    He needs somebody to kick his ass. Casey Mears got loose and spun into Busch, but he didn't have any intention of hitting him. Then Busch came out there and slung part of his HANS at Mears.

If I had been there I'd have stopped, backed up and got out of the car, and smacked Busch's face off. Then I would have gotten back in the car and took off.

That was a ridiculous and embarrassing move. Seriously though, the problem is he keeps doing this stuff. You would think he would learn, but he just keeps doing it. I don't like it when somebody disrespects the sport, and that's what he's doing right now.

And it's all because he got mad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/column...sty&id=2462793
    I have a new found respect for Wallace. And I swear, if Busch tried to do that $h!t to me, he would have gotten more than a slap in the face. I would be in a court room for attempted murder I guess. F'N SHRUB!!
    Last edited by SyxxSynse; 06-01-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman
    Ok, so we've been talking about this in the cafe.
    I think the pit-stops were too many yesterday and that is largely due to the smaller fuel cell in the cars. Nobody wants to see them pitting all the time.

As for the race, it wasn't the most exciting. I thought it funny how loose the cars were getting to start since the track was slick from the sun.

Anybody know Stewarts condition.....?? Last I had heard he had a broken or cracked shoulder blade and possibly wouldn't start next weekend.

Great idea for a thread South. I have recently started watching, when I can.

they are the same size fuel cells that they run everywhere but daytona and talladega . . .
    [COLOR=Red]Official member of ViolationWatch®.[/COLOR]

Ricky Rudd coming back to sub for Stewart.

He'll win no doubt.
    Administrator

Kyle needed to lose more then just 25 points, did his brother do teh samething a few years back with his Helmet

Kyle needed to lose more then just 25 points, did his brother do teh samething a few years back with his Helmet
    I don't remember that, but I'm sure he probably did.

And hey, I found this comic and thought it told the truth more than it was funny...

Why can't NASCAR do like Indy and do the Side-By-Side thing during commercials. That way it makes the fans happy cause they can still see whats happening, and makes the sponsors happy cause their product is being shown. It's a win-win as I see it. The only argument I see is that the sponsors would say that if people are watching whats going on during the race, they aren't paying attention to their product. I reply to that with a "Who watches the commericals anyway? That's when I go take a piss!"

I agree on the Side by side, I just with the race side of the screen was large, and they used SAP to broadcast Green to Chacker audio as well

Thumbs up Mark Martin wins Truck Race!!

Anybody see my man Mark Martin win the truck race last night. Go Marky!! I just knew that if they had a caution with a few to go that Carl Edwards would pass him, cause Edwards was turnin' it on near the end. Mark is going to dominate the Truck Series when he shows up there next year.

Oh, and I forgot. And Kyle Busch is black flagged while leading for a HOOD PIN coming out!!

+ + x a million.
    Last edited by SyxxSynse; 06-03-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Oh, and I forgot. And Kyle Busch is black flagged while leading for a HOOD PIN coming out!!

+ + x a million.
    TO quote Nelson Muntz " Ha HA"