• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

(Peanut, you know I was only joking I hope )

Prayers for Earnhardt Family:

Earnhardt Jr., family alive after plane crashes in Tennessee:

Retired NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. was taken to the hospital after a plane he was on crashed Thursday at an airport in Tennessee.

We're friends. Of course I knew you were joking.

I'm glad the Earnhardts and pilots are okay. That must have been scary.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2003

trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him.
      sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him.
        Thanks, PA. I appreciate it. Haven't seen the race, but know who won and that Matty came in second. He's really popular with the other drivers.

I've heard rumors that C. Bell is going to the 95 next year. I don't know where Matty will go if true. Maybe tonight will get someone's attention and he'll get a good ride.
        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
          earthling
          • May 2004

Yeah, that was a real heart breaker.
          I was pulling for Matty also.
          Great finish, Matt has had a lot of top tens recently.

I don't know if you guys caught the driver's intro
          but DiBennedetto came out with the Rocky theme song
          playing and had "Italian Stallion" on the back of his robe.
          Little did I know at the time it would be a slug out at the end.

You're right Peanut, Matt is losing his ride but this article
          suggests that DiBennedetto may get the Furniture Row seat:

Matt DiBenedetto has been told by Leavine Family Racing he will not be brought back for a second season with the NASCAR team in 2020.

~~~
          Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-18-2019, 08:18 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Peanut
            ModNut
            • Jan 2007

I didn't see all the intros, but I saw Matt's. That was cool.

The 38 has been doing good. It would be nice if he could go to a competitive team.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week.

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                earthling
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week.

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.
                Good for Matty !!! :thumb:

First pit stop at Indy was interesting.
                A 2.5 mile short track race for 400 miles,
                more paint trading than at Darlington

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2003

Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

1.Newman - he simply doesn't run well enough early on to get satge points
                  2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
                  3. Byron - too inexperienced for the big stage of the playoff pressure
                  4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
                  2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
                  3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
                  4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
                  sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                    earthling
                    • May 2004

Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
                    4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
                    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
                    Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
                    Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
                    aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
                    wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
                    It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
                    makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

Comment

• Peanut
                      ModNut
                      • Jan 2007

First 4 out:

Did this quickly (that's my excuse). I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
                      2. Bowyer
                      3. Almirola
                      4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
                      2. Denny Hamlin
                      3. Harvick
                      4. Larson

Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
                      Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
                      Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
                      aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
                      wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
                      It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
                      makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                        earthling
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Did this quickly (that's my excuse). I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
                        2. Bowyer
                        3. Almirola
                        4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
                        2. Denny Hamlin
                        3. Harvick
                        4. Larson

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.
                        I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano.

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
                        Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
                        run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
                        but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
                        And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
                        team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
                        are dependent on the big money teams. idk
                        Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
                        Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

Comment

• taz1458
                          Former DTBCPEC Commish
                          • Sep 2009

Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing
                          2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
                          Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
                          US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                            earthling
                            • May 2004

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
                            Congrats Coach !!!

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                              Football Immortal
                              • Dec 2012

Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano.

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
                                Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
                                run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
                                but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
                                And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
                                team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
                                are dependent on the big money teams. idk
                                Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
                                Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

Larson is more of a wishful thinking kind of thing.

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
                                Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing
                                He's very popular with the other drivers. That impresses me.

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
                                Congrats Coach !!!

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                                Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!
                                It was good to see. TRD has a good driver development program. They haven't always been able to keep them, but they have gone to good teams.

IndyCar at Laguna Seca tomorrow for the final race. Not crazy about the double points (Indy 500, too). Pulling for Newgarden. Don't want Rossi.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X