• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SyxxSynse
    Special Teams
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DBroncTD30
    I enjoy watching races from Pocono as well.

I wasn't pleased with Mark's run there on Sunday, however.

Pitcrew bites Mark again, only this time it was Pat Tryson's turn to play asleep at the wheel.
    With 8 or 9 to go and just after a red flag stopping the race, Tryson told Mark to stay out once the pits were opened.
    Big mistake. He restarted 8th, and was promptly passed by 9 of the guys who decided to pit for fresh rubber. Martin wound up 17th, and was not pleased with Tryson and Co. once it was all over.

In his defense, Tryson told Mark that usually more guys stay out, creating a cushion for Mark from the teams who put on fresh tires.

It's my opinion that when you've been running 10th to 14th all day, you take new tires whenever you can get them.

Mark and McMurray clearly didn't have the horses or chassis Biffle or Kenseth did.

Thankfully Michigan is next, but that means Biffle or Kenseth will be great there, too.

Oh, here's a little plug for Sprint.
    I subscribe to Sprint's Nascar in-car audio service. It's like $4.00 a race and $15.00 for the month, or something close to that.

It does have glitches from time to time, but I've been very pleased overall.
    I think there is 24 channels you can scan, 23 drivers and and an auto-scan channel that transmits all communications followed by a voice telling you the car number from the last transmission. I listen to Mark all of the time, so I'm not certain.

I turn on the tube, turn the volume down, and dial up Mark's audio.
    I plug in my charger to a nearby outlet and crank up the volume on the speaker phone feature of my cell phone.

My wife and I have no complaints about Sprint's service either, if you are wondering.
    I agree that Mark should have came in the last time for tires. But, he has been consistently getting good finishes in every race even with the pit problems in the past so I'm not going to complain much. He is running well and finishing decent, but you would think he would get a Jimmie Johnson at Dover or a Denny Hamlin at Pocono kind of run at some point this year. But I don't really care. I just hope that Mark makes this chase, gets this final year over with, and gets out of the stupid Cup series where these "young guns" and other retarted drivers would rather run over you then take the time to pass you. I'm getting to where I don't even care about the Cup Series anymore, its getting too political. But I won't get into all of that now.

Comment

• Saddletramp
      Captain
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dusty6
      I agree that Mark should have came in the last time for tires. But, he has been consistently getting good finishes in every race even with the pit problems in the past so I'm not going to complain much. He is running well and finishing decent, but you would think he would get a Jimmie Johnson at Dover or a Denny Hamlin at Pocono kind of run at some point this year. But I don't really care. I just hope that Mark makes this chase, gets this final year over with, and gets out of the stupid Cup series where these "young guns" and other retarted drivers would rather run over you then take the time to pass you. I'm getting to where I don't even care about the Cup Series anymore, its getting too political. But I won't get into all of that now.
      I think he will get at least one good run this year. I only hope when he does he doesn't put JR. any lower in the points.
      Last edited by Saddletramp; 06-15-2006, 09:45 AM.
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• SyxxSynse
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2003

To those who haven't heard yet...

After telling owner Chip Ganassi he would not return to the 42 team for 2007, Casey Mears has signed a multi-year contract to drive the 25 car for Hendrick Motorsports. It is not known yet where Brian Vickers will go for '07, but it is rumored he may join the Toyota Cup program.

It was rumored earlier in the week that Dan Wheldon, Ganassi driver in the Indy series, would move to the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and take over the 42 ride vacated by Mears, but that rumor was shot down Tuesday by Chip Ganassi.

Comment

• Saddletramp
          Captain
          • Nov 2005

To those who haven't heard yet...

After telling owner Chip Ganassi he would not return to the 42 team for 2007, Casey Mears has signed a multi-year contract to drive the 25 car for Hendrick Motorsports. It is not known yet where Brian Vickers will go for '07, but it is rumored he may join the Toyota Cup program.

It was rumored earlier in the week that Dan Wheldon, Ganassi driver in the Indy series, would move to the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and take over the 42 ride vacated by Mears, but that rumor was shot down Tuesday by Chip Ganassi.
          Wow. I thought I heard something to the effect Vickers may do something with Toyota also. It was either during the race or Inside Nextel Cup on speed. Dont remember which and please dont quote me on that one. It just sounds vaguely familiar is all
          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Southstander
            King of Anvilania
            • Jun 2005

So far do good my boy Gordon
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
              Special Teams
              • Aug 2003

Raindrops are fallin' on my head.

Rain, Rain, go away, come again...um...in the offseason. That doesn't rhyme.

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                Special Teams
                • Aug 2003

Whoops. My rain dance didn't work. Kasey Kahne is your winner at Michigan. Beat Carl Edwards out of the pits by maybe a foot when the rains came.

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                  Special Teams
                  • Aug 2003

I was browsing around YouTube today and found this video of a horrific crash that happened at Bristol a couple of years ago. Who remembers this happening? I remember Michael Waltrip had a similar wreck there several years before this occurred.

Its an absolute miracle that he walked away from that!

Comment

• DBroncTD30
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2004

BTTT

It's race weekend.

"Pass Kurt Buschie on de left hand side" has the pole for Sunday's race.

Go 6 Go!

Comment

• Southstander
                      King of Anvilania
                      • Jun 2005

The Firecracker 400 (Sorry I'm a little old school) is tonight. Call it now

sigpic

Comment

• Southstander
                        King of Anvilania
                        • Jun 2005

Anyone else besides me hope 'Smoke wiould slip and fll off of the fence

sigpic

Comment

• SyxxSynse
                          Special Teams
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Southstander
                          Anyone else besides me hope 'Smoke wiould slip and fll off of the fence
                          I wouldn't go THAT far. I don't like Tony Stewart much, but he sure says some funny things sometimes.

"Pepsi may sponsor this race but Coca-Cola tastes a hell of alot better!"

I don't agree with him there, but its still funny.

Comment

• Southstander
                            King of Anvilania
                            • Jun 2005

I wouldn't go THAT far. I don't like Tony Stewart much, but he sure says some funny things sometimes.

"Pepsi may sponsor this race but Coca-Cola tastes a hell of alot better!"

I don't agree with him there, but its still funny.

LOL WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is Awsome, but then again, he is in the Coca~Cola Famliy of drivers

sigpic

Comment

• chiefshunny
                              Practice Squad
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Southstander
                              It could be a situatiuation like with the #2 and their will be a major defection. I'm still supirsed he is behind the wheel of the douce.

I have heard rumors of Little e driving the 3 in few years, what have you heard

hmmmm, nice sig...

okay, back on topic, without me reading this whole thread, who is a Gordon fan??

Comment

• Southstander
                                King of Anvilania
                                • Jun 2005

I'm a Gordon Fan

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X