Page 55 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Please give us the list.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I hope Labonte wasn't one of the jerks (hoping to meet him at kansas) Good race today! Great pics thanks for posting them!!!
    I didn't see Bobby, but I wouldn't think he would be one. Maybe "jerk" is an unfair description, because I'm mainly just judging on whether or not a certain driver stopped to sign a few autographs for the fans that were waiting outside the entrance gate. I know drivers have places to be and can't accommodate every fan who wants an autograph, but a was surprised that a few drivers barely even acknowledged the fans at all. Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Matt Kenseth, Marcos Ambrose, and A.J. Allmendinger are some that I remember that passed the fans up, and Newman and Ambrose did so twice. I won't dislike a driver for not being courteous to fans, but it leaves you with a bad feeling when you see a driver just skip everyone, especially multiple times.

Of the big name drivers I saw, I was impressed with Brian Vickers, Greg Biffle, Jeff Burton, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick, Joey Logano, and Kyle Busch, so if you are a fan of one of those drivers you can feel proud, especially if you are a Gordon fan. I think most of the these drivers signed items for the majority of fans, but I watched Jeff Gordon go down the entire line of probably 300+ people and sign whatever they put in front of him. I liked Gordon before, but I was very impressed with that. I was surprised that Kyle signed so much stuff, because I'll admit I'm not a fan and he seemed to me like a driver that would snub fans, but I was wrong. He earned my respect for that. And it was a mob scene when Danica came out, but she signed stuff for just about everyone. Carl Edwards came out a signed a few autographs, but it was harder for him to accommodate everyone because he was driving the pace car to an appearance after winning the pole. He stopped for some of his fans (including me) and signed stuff and was very nice and appreciative of the support. Some of the lesser know drivers and Nationwide drivers like Justin Allgaier and Brian Scott were also very nice, signing autographs and posing for pictures.

I am glad to hear that two of my boys (Gordon and Johnson) where accommodating. I am suprised by A.J. In my opnion he has not done much of anything in NASCAR. I will admit I was not there, and that celebrities cannot sign everything, but to "snub" fans mulitple times is not right. I could understand a drive that has won multipul Championships having an ego but not a driver that barley got rid of his rookie stripe. Even then it is wrong.

Great pictures, SyxxSynse!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm kind of surprised that J. Gordon had that much time to sign stuff. I thought he would have been too busy.

I think Kyle's people skills has really improved. Sometimes, a person can be so focused (on winning) that it comes across snobbish. Good to hear he's doing better.

I met some Truck drivers at an auto session in Dover once. All were pretty nice.

Hornaday refused to sign my hat. "Contractual differences." He drives a Chevy, my hat had Toyota on it. Odd that another non-Toyota driver signed it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    I am glad to hear that two of my boys (Gordon and Johnson) where accommodating. I am suprised by A.J. In my opnion he has not done much of anything in NASCAR. I will admit I was not there, and that celebrities cannot sign everything, but to "snub" fans mulitple times is not right. I could understand a drive that has won multipul Championships having an ego but not a driver that barley got rid of his rookie stripe. Even then it is wrong.
    I agree. I was very surprised with A.J. and Ambrose, since like you said they are drivers that really haven't done much to feel they have a right to snub. I was a little surpised with Kenseth and Newman too. I wasn't shocked that Stewart passed up people though. I wasn't there the whole time so I don't know if the drivers I mentioned totally snubbed the fans every time, but when I was there they did. I will say though that both times I saw Newman and Ambrose was when they were leaving the track, so they may have signed stuff when they went back in, but I doubt that. The drivers that skipped fans either went straight to a tunnel that went outside of the track or jumped on a golf cart waiting for them. Another driver I forgot to mention that I saw snub fans was David Reutimann, which surpised me. Kasey Kahne and David Ragan signed autographs for some but not everyone.

And yes, you should be very proud of Gordon and Johnson. I know of two times that Johnson stopped to sign stuff for fans, and like I said Gordon went all the way down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Great pictures, SyxxSynse!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm kind of surprised that J. Gordon had that much time to sign stuff. I thought he would have been too busy.

I think Kyle's people skills has really improved. Sometimes, a person can be so focused (on winning) that it comes across snobbish. Good to hear he's doing better.

I met some Truck drivers at an auto session in Dover once. All were pretty nice.

Hornaday refused to sign my hat. "Contractual differences." He drives a Chevy, my hat had Toyota on it. Odd that another non-Toyota driver signed it.
    I knew of an appearance that Gordon had to be at, but he had time before then. And it does seem that Kyle is improving in the treatment of fan department. I remember hearing Busch say one time that he was here to win, not to make fans. I'm not a fan of Busch because of him winning in everything, but also mainly because of his past attitude. I'm hoping that has changed and I can respect him and like him for his unbelievable talent.

I also met several Truck drivers a couple of years ago at Bristol during their August race, and from what I remember all were very nice. I got Hornaday's signature on a Bristol hat the first year I went, so I guess that hat was pretty generic so anyone could sign it. But "contractual differences" shouldn't be a big enough excuse not to sign something for someone. Most drivers will sign hats, diecasts, etc. of merchandise from another driver with no problem.

Me too, he's mid pack in the practice speeds as well and I'm hopeful for a good weekend I've noticed his crew chief is good at making the car better as the rest goes on so him being in the top half is hopefully a good sign that he'll be fast enough to keep from going a lap down early.

As far as what was said about hoping a Toyota wins this week due to the earthquake, since Bobby drives a toyota now I think you can all guess which Toyota I'm hoping does this

*edit* and by the way I've got a guy that I know who is related to Jeremy Petty (and works for him on his cars/trucks) who is getting me some signed Bobby stuff after the Texas race in a couple of weeks and he says he's going to get my dad and I garage passes at kansas speedway!
    COOL! Sounds like a blast! When I met Bobby he was kinda shy and quiet but was very nice and accommodating. His facebook page has grown a lot in the past few weeks. I think he enjoys seeing so many fans still rooting for him.

Bobby was pretty happy after Bristol:

http://www.nascar.com/news/110320/bl...tol/index.html

Great pics Syxx. I was a tad shocked to see so many empty seats on Sunday.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 03-21-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    COOL! Sounds like a blast! When I met Bobby he was kinda shy and quiet but was very nice and accommodating. His facebook page has grown a lot in the past few weeks. I think he enjoys seeing so many fans still rooting for him.

Bobby was pretty happy after Bristol:

http://www.nascar.com/news/110320/bl...tol/index.html

Great pics Syxx. I was a tad shocked to see so many empty seats on Sunday.
    He was ticked after that 4th place daytona finish lol I think he was so close to winning it that won will bug him for awhile but I'm glad he's smiling about how great he's running (and honestly while he didn't have a great finish at vegas I think that race will help them with getting a better speedway setup for the rest of the season because they had figured the car out at the end it was just too little too late.)

He's got a great crew chief (Frank Kerr) and as long as he doesn't run this one off like every crew chief he's ever had I think we're going to see a strong finish to his career over the next couple of years.

He was ticked after that 4th place daytona finish lol I think he was so close to winning it that won will bug him for awhile.
    I know I was cussing at the 99 car at Daytona. I was: DAMN YOU CARL!!

But hey... that's part of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by SyxxSynse View Post
    I knew of an appearance that Gordon had to be at, but he had time before then. And it does seem that Kyle is improving in the treatment of fan department. I remember hearing Busch say one time that he was here to win, not to make fans. I'm not a fan of Busch because of him winning in everything, but also mainly because of his past attitude. I'm hoping that has changed and I can respect him and like him for his unbelievable talent.

I also met several Truck drivers a couple of years ago at Bristol during their August race, and from what I remember all were very nice. I got Hornaday's signature on a Bristol hat the first year I went, so I guess that hat was pretty generic so anyone could sign it. But "contractual differences" shouldn't be a big enough excuse not to sign something for someone. Most drivers will sign hats, diecasts, etc. of merchandise from another driver with no problem.
    I like Kyle, even when he had a mouth on him. I'm glad he's getting better with his attitude.

The guy can drive. Makes me wonder what more he could have accomplished before they changed the rule on him. That's about 2 years he lost.

I'm not a fan of Hornaday the driver, so it didn't bother me that he wouldn't sign my hat. That was the year Skinner and Angie was suppose to come and join us (some ladies from NY, a guy from MA, hubby and I) for a BBQ, but some security guy wouldn't let them into the camper lot.

Now that bothered me.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    I know I was cussing at the 99 car at Daytona. I was: DAMN YOU CARL!!

But hey... that's part of racing.
    The bitter truth is had carl gone high Bobby would have been in victory lane, coulda shoulda woulda.....We race at daytona and dega a combined 3 more times this year here's to him getting it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That was the year Skinner and Angie was suppose to come and join us (some ladies from NY, a guy from MA, hubby and I) for a BBQ, but some security guy wouldn't let them into the camper lot.

Now that bothered me.
    Isn't that backwards?

Instead of security keeping fans out of the driver's area, they were keeping the drivers out of the fan area?

Now THAT would have bothered me too. That's just plain silly.

The only driver I never had any respect for was Rick Carelli. He was a neighbor of my Grandpa for years. He was a total jerk. The main reason I have no respect for him. He let his brother die rather then donate a kidney to him.

Congrats to Kevin Harvick. Just wish Jimmie would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Congrats to Kevin Harvick. Just wish Jimmie would have won.
    I don't like the "bump and run". Seems like that's the only way Harvick can win.

I was pulling for Kyle.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth