Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PLEASE only honest (NOT homer) opinions!!!!

How will the Broncos fare this season???

I know it is still a bit early to be posing the question being that there are still a lot of players that will be on our squad that are possibly only on the "radar" currently (draft prospects), but given our season last year and the moves that have been made so far, how do you think the Broncos will do in 2008 - 09?

I personally like the fact that we didn't break the bank on all these high priced, mediocre FA's that we usually go out and scoop up as soon as free agency begins....the quality FA signing has been few and far between for the Broncos historically....John Lynch and Jake Plummer come to mind as some decent signings, but for everyone of those guys, the Broncos have signed a Gardener or a Dale Carter

I believe that the FO has finally realized that we need to build from within, starting with the draft....the Broncos have the least amount of drafted players on their roster than any team in the league and D.J. Williams and Elvis Dummerville are the only draft picks on the squad that the Broncos drafted that played more than 60% of the snaps last season for the Broncos on defense (at least that is what I read recently I believe)....

We fired Sundquist recently and are giving Shanny even more control of the team than he had the past few seasons....Pat Bowlen has a serious man crush on Shanny and believes whole heartedly in Mike and what he will do to get the franchise up to par again, but IMO, if the Broncos struggle this season, Shanny should be on the HOT SEAT come next off-season....

We have gone through WAY to many coordinators the last three seasons (I believe a new offensine and defensive coordinator 3 years in a row)

We have some talented young peices in place (Cutler, B-Marsh, D.J., Elvis) and some solid vets (Champ, Boss, Dre) that we can build around and IMO we shouldn't be THAT far off from competing for the division again this season....

We NEED to address both lines in a MAJOR way....

We will prolly go O-Line with the 12th pick and then pick up a S, a couple D-lineman, WR, LB, RB (you know Shanny), K, etc. in the draft....

So, to get to my question....the Broncos will prolly finish in the 10 - 6 / 9 - 7 range and make a strong case for the playoffs again in 2008....

I agree, I think that 9-7 or 10-6 is definitely reachable. I think that the schedule will be favorable and last years draft class will be ten times better in talent since D-lineman have their biggest improvements after the 1st year. The run game will be good just as it always is and being Jay's 3rd season, I expect big things out of him

16 and 0 baby!
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...onmarshall.png
    Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
    16 and 0 baby!

There's that HOMER thing I was talking about....

As I've said before, we played TERRIBLE last year, and we were still 7-9. The defense will improve (it can't get any worse), and the young offensive players should continue to grow. Barring critical injuries, this is a team that should, at the very least, be in the playoff hunt.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

10-6 is possible if the Broncos continue the offseason like they have and their shtty luck turns around......

I don't think 11-5 or 12-4 are that far out of reach with a little work in the offseason.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9581/fergywj2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

8-8 maybe 9-7.

Not enough signifigant additions. We can play well but have trouble putting it all together.

We need to have players stay healthy and actually be productive on the field.

We have B Marsh & Stokely.... who really there after that?

We are ok on TE and running back we are adequate.

I think we need too much help on both the O & D lines.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I think your right in most of your post. I am not one to question Shanahan in the least. We have two SB rings that says he gets some slack. I do hope he takes the leash off of Cutler this year, especially in the Red Zone. I hope we draft the lines first, and the other positions later. I think it will be hard to be one of the good teams in the league this year, mostly because of all the front office/coaching moves. Those things will take time to get all the wrinkles out. We have the cornerstones for the most part on the team that we need to build around, and with the right schemes on offense and defense, we can be really good.

My prediction is this: We finish the season 10-6 as a possible wildcard (depending on how rest of the AFC does). We will finish probably second in the west, although I dont think the Chargers will give us as much of a problem this year as last, we could potentially give them a split in the series. If we get an inspired team that plays with passion (unlike last year) we could be a team nobody wants to play around playoff time.
    "I don't think it's 'Tebow Time'; I just think it's 'Bronco Time"
    Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    As I've said before, we played TERRIBLE last year, and we were still 7-9. The defense will improve (it can't get any worse), and the young offensive players should continue to grow. Barring critical injuries, this is a team that should, at the very least, be in the playoff hunt.
    I was just pointing this out in another thread that talked on how our offense is 'so conservative' last year.

Well.. lets see. Our OL was devestated in injuries. We didn't have a starting RB for most of the season. Our TEs had to stay in to help out or poor OL. We didn't have 50% of our starting WRs in the lineup.. and less than that towards the end of the year. The three best players on offense were 2nd year players/first year starters. Hard to understand why any play calling might be conservative huh??

So like you said. We played absolutely HORRID last season. The DC was NOT in sync with the players nor the personnel. Even John Lynch made this statement when being interviewed. Things can NOT get worse on that side of the ball... and the offense WILL improve with the QB having yet more experience and players being healthy.

I just don't see our team being nearly as bad as last year despite all the crying nay sayers.

Shanny will $#*& us again. Yup he's gonna %$#@ us like a three dollar hooker, here's why:

1. Control freak that has lost his edge. (I hope he finds it soon)

2. Trying to take baby steps developing cutler (let the man open it up)

3. He has no patience with D/C's. For christsakes how many have we been through. (in all fairness I had no patience for Bates, but hey, I ain't the Coach, Vice President, General Manager, Beer Vender, and whatever the hell else hat shanny has on either.)

P.S. Still pissed about mason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
    16 and 0 baby! :salalute:
    I agree. And I'm being honest. Its not a homer pick. I wonder if Pats fans who said thier team would go 16-0 last year was considered a "homer" pick.

I turned out they were being honest anyways.

But I guess I'll stop being a homer and look into reality that We might only go 15-1 or 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by shafer View Post
    Shanny will $#*& us again. Yup he's gonna %$#@ us like a three dollar hooker, here's why:

1. Control freak that has lost his edge. (I hope he finds it soon)

2. Trying to take baby steps developing cutler (let the man open it up)

3. He has no patience with D/C's. For christsakes how many have we been through. (in all fairness I had no patience for Bates, but hey, I ain't the Coach, Vice President, General Manager, Beer Vender, and whatever the hell else hat shanny has on either.)

P.S. Still pissed about mason.
    so shanahan fired mason too?

you have no patience for Bates.. but blame Shanahan for not having patience for him. Ok....... makes sense.

If the defense is back to where it was a two years ago well be able to go 12-4 if we have similar defensive line play we will be 9-7

6-10 or worse.

Weaker schedule? Sure.

But we barely won a few of those games last year, and it could have been 3-13 just as easily if it werent for some late game heroics.

I know I'm not in the business of Coulda shoulda wouldas but seriously, I just have too many questions at this point.

Interior line hasn't improved.
    I still have questions about Linebacker.
    Special teams may have improved with Niko, but we don't have a kicker.
    No clear cut 2nd wide receiver.
    Questions on offensive line.

Too many questions at this time for me to answer any better than that. If it werent for winning the last game of the year we would be in better position to fix our D-Line even more. Play to win the game, I know, but at that point did it really matter to that team? Seeing how we lost alot of starters as it is?

I'm gonna get flamed, but its ok. Because I don't live with orange colored glasses on and can see things realistically.