Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Oh well. I know you like your lil scenarios in your head. I know you enjoy thinking of shanahan weilding his axe around the hallways, wearing his crown, and talking down to everyone.
    I always pictured him more in a Darth Vader costume than a simple crown...

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    8-8 maybe 9-7.

Not enough signifigant additions. We can play well but have trouble putting it all together.

We need to have players stay healthy and actually be productive on the field.

We have B Marsh & Stokely.... who really there after that?

We are ok on TE and running back we are adequate.

I think we need too much help on both the O & D lines.
    Strengthen those lines. That is the key + Jay has now seen it all and the game I'm sure is slowing for him.
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by HidEmu View Post
    If the defense is back to where it was a two years ago well be able to go 12-4 if we have similar defensive line play we will be 9-7
    Well like it was said, defence can't get any worse!
    Haze gray and underway!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I always pictured him more in a Darth Vader costume than a simple crown...

*laughs*.. fair enough on that.....

Here is the biggest misconception..... Being NEGATIVE means you are "realistic."

That doesn't makes you realistic... it makes you choose to believe everything on the down side.

We were just as close to 9-7 as we were to 3-13. But you don't want to see that, because thats not 'realistic.'

Either way. I don't choose to see things as negatively as you do. My realistic expectations are great... but I don't see why our team would get worse. We've had only TWO years below 8 wins since Elway left, and there is no indication that the team is just getting worse and worse. Not in my opinion and viewpoint.
    Choices are nice; for me, it's hard to see "all thing's Bronco's" in a negative light. I've been a fan a long time, and it's hard for me to see Denver doing anything other than going to the playoffs, winning the conference, or even going to the SB! (and winning of course)

If Denver doesn't win it all, then I do get bummed out; however (i think this is where the orange glasses come on), I always HOPE FOR THE BEST and WANT MY TEAM TO PLAY THIER BEST!

And deep down inside, I think every Denver fan is like that. Some just get more bummed out and stay bummed out! (and thier posts reflect that)
    Haze gray and underway!

well i have not chimed in on these boards for quite some time, but here goes. first and foremost i have to agree with the notion that the line play last season was pittiful at best. if the broncos can somehow bolster the O line and D line i believe that they will make huge strides in the win collumn. how they will improve thier line's is a huge mistery to me at this time. the draft will hopefully help in that area, however i don't think that it will be realized until next season, '09, that is.

as far as shany being all powerful, im a bit torn. i hope he can right the ship. i am sceptical on the matter though, because i don't know if one person can call all the shots and achieve great success at the same time. i guess we will see.

im pretty satified with out skill guys on O. i think marshall will continue with success, and maybe even flourish in '08. stokley is solid in the slot, as if i nedded to say that. colbert should be ok at the 2, and who knows what the draft will bring. our rbs are always ok, regardless of who gets the carries it seems, even if the O line is pathetic at times.

defensively, again is going to depend on the line. if they can play up to par then the sky will be the limit. boss should be ok, not great, but an impovement at the least. he is still young, and hopefully a winning tradition will effect him in a positive way. dont even need to speak about the corners. the safeties are maybe a bit of concern, but hopefully the additions there can prove to be solid, hopefully.

anyhow, just some ramblings from me, but if the lines are well improved i think the broncos go 10-6, maybe 11-5. if the lines are not improved and struggle again i think the broncos go 8-8 or worse.
    [IMG]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2815/smith49sig4wy.jpg[/IMG]

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

As you said.. this is all COMPLETE conjecture. Everyone acknowledges that Shanahan is in charge of player personnel... so how is Sunquist all of a sudden bringing in guys that SHanahan didn't????

Plus.. how much time do you think Sunquist spends with the players? Seriously? Do you think he hangs out in the locker room? Down n the field? You think he spends time during film days? During two-a-days?

Sunquist was a paper pusher.

Oh well. I know you like your lil scenarios in your head. I know you enjoy thinking of shanahan weilding his axe around the hallways, wearing his crown, and talking down to everyone.
    Shanny is just waiting! First player around the corner will get the ax! Get rid of THEM before they get rid of ME!!!!BBBBRRRHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAAAA
    Haze gray and underway!

Man, I love Jessica Alba!!!:paper:

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    8-8 maybe 9-7.

Not enough signifigant additions. We can play well but have trouble putting it all together.

We need to have players stay healthy and actually be productive on the field.

We have B Marsh & Stokely.... who really there after that?

We are ok on TE and running back we are adequate.

I think we need too much help on both the O & D lines.

exactly! we are in rebuilding and won't get it together for a season or two. after last seasons high hopes, i am drained of my homerisms. realistically we will have to watch SD take the div. again. but it will be fun watching the broncos try. and hey, hopefully they will prove me wrong. we need a D!!!