Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm going to miss kicks like this.

Man, thats a lot of money to pay a guy who either can't or won't kick off anymore.

Anyway, see you in hell, Elam. Traitor. Better than the Raiders, tho.

Guy has been nothing but good to this organization. All we had to do is match the offer. Come on, we will go out and spend 30 million last off-season, this one we wont even dish out an extra million to bring back one of the top 5 or 6 Broncos of all-time. We've got to find a balance between heavy spending and being cheap. We havent found it yet

The "traitor" comments about him are a bit much. If they are for Javon Walker I would understand, but not Elam. The man has been a great Bronco and a class act for many years. I congratulate him for getting a good deal with his hometown team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture6 View Post
    Guy has been nothing but good to this organization. All we had to do is match the offer. Come on, we will go out and spend 30 million last off-season, this one we wont even dish out an extra million to bring back one of the top 5 or 6 Broncos of all-time. We've got to find a balance between heavy spending and being cheap. We havent found it yet
    He has been good but it is a business. We made the guy a great offer. Plus, Elam has had health issues ever since he broke the transverse process on his lower spine. His hammy has been problematic too. It is only going to get worse. In the end, there is no easy way to part with a 15 year player who is of the quality and character of Elam.

Well I knew this was probably coming, and it makes sense financially...but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I really had hoped he'd stay a bronco. All good things must come to an end I guess. We'll miss you next year

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The "traitor" comments about him are a bit much. If they are for Javon Walker I would understand, but not Elam. The man has been a great Bronco and a class act for many years. I congratulate him for getting a good deal with his hometown team.
    A bit? I would call them just plain out of line! The man is an unrestricted free agent and has the freedom to do whatever he pleases. How can we be upset with him for wanting to play in his home town and make more money at the same time? We can't, just be thankful a man like that was associated with this organization for as long as he was. Lets not forget the last time he was in this situation he decided to stick with the Broncos, other offers were on the table for him then as well. We had Elam during the best years of his career, and then some. Being mad at him for doing somthing that he's wanted to do for a long time is, well, stupid.

While it will be sad to see a longtime Bronco in another teams uniform, I have to disagree with elam's statement in the article:

"To me, it felt like the Broncos' offer was a one-year deal,' Elam said. "The Falcons said, "We don't care that you're 38. You're our guy, and you're our guy for a long time."

That's probably not the way it will be. At his age he should expect one year deals.

He should have just stayed in Denver to finish his career.
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

Bleeding Orange and Blue (Literally)

Hey thats a shame.... buts its the NFL

see ya on the flip side Jason

Fing Fire Shanny!!

We are a struggling team right now and last thing we need is to struggle down the field for a game tying/winning FG only to have some slacker of a kicker miss it!

Not serious about Shanny loosing his job but on the real....*** IS HE THINKING!

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jason was one of my favorite players and now the man is a stinkin', horrible Falcon.
    Is it wrong that I hope he breaks his leg and is out for the whole season?

come on guys its just a kicker, its not like we gave away Cutler or something.and he wasnt that classy to me, personally.one time I called out to him in the stadium and he ended being a real jerk.we shouldve got mason last year. somebody with a decent leg can kick in Denver I can promise you that.

I cant' believe Elam would leave after all these years and go to another team. The fans and team of denver have always supported him thats why he has been a bronco for so long. Well if he dont like it here then good riddens. He can go play for a team with no hope. I hope he remembers where it all started and the team that helped make him who he is. He WAS a great clutch kicker and saved us many times over the years but he made a mistake by leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
    This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jason was one of my favorite players and now the man is a stinkin', horrible Falcon.
    Is it wrong that I hope he breaks his leg and is out for the whole season?
    Yes, its very wrong. Wishing injury on anyone is wrong. I wish Jason luck, and wish he would have stayed.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

This is totally ****!
    How foolish can Shanny and Bowlen be? The guy is still EXCELLENT!
    Only Nalen left then, from the SB era.
    XBL: The1Executioner