Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    if we do decide to get DJ, we should trade down 6-7 spots. And yes, he WOULD be an instant starter.

BroncoKazuki, your reasons about Henry make no sense.
    1 - "you mean his former team? they are the first ones who drafted him and then let him go"
    just becuase the bills and titans let him go doesn't mean they would turn him down now. he would NOT be a starter on the bills, but it would not be b/c of your reason. the reason he wouldn't be a starter on the bills is marshawn lynch. he WOULD be a starter on the titans... Henry > Lendale White, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

2- "Jets why when they can get McFadden in the draft
    Bengals same as the Jets"
    How many team is mcfadden going to play for in '08? you cant have the same reason for two teams dude, plus you're assuming that they will get mcfadden and you cant do that unlees they have the #1 pick. as of right now, traivs henry would be a starter on both of those teams.

3- "TexansI think Kubes has had enough with old RB's and would get a younger one"
    Oh, you think do you, well in that case it must be correct. how do you know that kubiak wouldn't want an old RB? - you dont. Henry is better than any RB the texans have now.

4- "Raiderswhy they can easily get McFadden at the 4th spot"
    a 3rd team for mcfadden, he's a RB whore. again you cant assume that he is going to be there and that they would take him if he was.

5- "Giants they got 2 RB's already"
    and henry is better than both of them.

6-"Bearsthey have been wanting an RB and have been looking at Mendenhall
    LionsStewart or Mendenhall over Henry would be the cry here
    Panthersprobably but I could also see them drafting a 2nd round RB to take over and eventually replace
    Bucssame as the panthers
    Cardinalsuh where they are picking Mendenhall or Stewart as well
    Seahawks would go WR and draft an 2nd round RB to keep henry in place or just stick with their old RB who's consistant and doesnt have problems"

Again you're relying on the draft for your args.
    -Bears have cedrick benson who was a bust. henry is better.
    -lions have tatum bell and tj duckett. henry is better.
    -panthers have deangelo williams, who is a good Rb, but henry would be the starter and williams would be the change of pace back.
    -bucs have carnell williams and earnets graham so henry would NOT be the starter, but your explination is not the reason why.
    -cardinals have the edge so henry would NOT be the starter, but your explination is not the reason why.
    -seahawks have a lot of RBs. by the way, who is the consistent RB that doesn't have problems there? please dont tell me you're talking about shaun alexander or julius jones, because both of them are as inconsistant as it gets.

If we draft DJ in the top half of the first round I will put a picture of him in a Broncos uniform as my signature. This does not count of course, if we trade down and take him later on.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    if we do decide to get DJ, we should trade down 6-7 spots. And yes, he WOULD be an instant starter.

1 - "you mean his former team? they are the first ones who drafted him and then let him go"
    just becuase the bills and titans let him go doesn't mean they would turn him down now. he would NOT be a starter on the bills, but it would not be b/c of your reason. the reason he wouldn't be a starter on the bills is marshawn lynch. he WOULD be a starter on the titans... Henry > Lendale White, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

How many team is mcfadden going to play for in '08? you cant have the same reason for two teams dude, plus you're assuming that they will get mcfadden and you cant do that unlees they have the #1 pick. as of right now, traivs henry would be a starter on both of those teams.

3- "TexansI think Kubes has had enough with old RB's and would get a younger one"
    Oh, you think do you, well in that case it must be correct. how do you know that kubiak wouldn't want an old RB? - you dont. Henry is better than any RB the texans have now.

a 3rd team for mcfadden, he's a RB whore. again you cant assume that he is going to be there and that they would take him if he was.

Panthersprobably but I could also see them drafting a 2nd round RB to take over and eventually replace
    Bucssame as the panthers
    Seahawks would go WR and draft an 2nd round RB to keep henry in place or just stick with their old RB who's consistant and doesnt have problems"

-panthers have deangelo williams, who is a good Rb, but henry would be the starter and williams would be the change of pace back.
    -bucs have carnell williams and earnets graham so henry would NOT be the starter, but your explination is not the reason why.
    -cardinals have the edge so henry would NOT be the starter, but your explination is not the reason why.
    -seahawks have a lot of RBs. by the way, who is the consistent RB that doesn't have problems there? please dont tell me you're talking about shaun alexander or julius jones, because both of them are as inconsistant as it gets.
    Thank you. I had the same exact thing but you broke it down team for team, good stuff bro.

Oh, and as far as the Cards, Bucs, and Bills.

Caddy could be done for his career
    Edge is nothing more than an average back now
    And I think Henry's better than Marshawn at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
    Why don't we just trade Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, Dre Bly, Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Tony Scheffler, our 1st round pick for the next 15 years, our 2nd round pick for the next 10 years, our 3 round pick for the next 5, and our 2 4ths from this year for the Dolphins #1 pick and take Taylor Mehlhaff to replace Elam?
    DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...stynesssig.jpg

LINK: I told you guys Marshall was the TRUTH!

Terrell Suggs on Jake Long:

"He's very impressive. He's, by far, one of the best tackles in the game. I've never struggled against anybody like I struggled against him."
    ESPN's K.C. Joyner has Jake Long's run blocks pegged at a 96.6% success rate. Joyner told said that "(it's) the highest I've seen in three years doing metrics."

It's not only preposterous, but completely silly that anyone thinks the Broncos should invest their first pick in the draft on anyone named Mendenhall, Stewart, Jackson, Manningham or Kelly.

Addressing a RB or WR with the Denver's first two picks simply does not address the team's biggest needs or it's overall problems stemming from last year, and into the future.

Clady, Williams, Otah, Merling or any other DT are absolutely what Denver needs most, and should be addressed first.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Plain and simple. The Broncos red-zone was pitiful because the O-Line couldn't open up holes last year for RB's.

The D-line was swiss-cheese, because we couldn't tackle RB's crossing the D-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway23 View Post
    It's not only preposterous, but completely silly that anyone thinks the Broncos should invest their first pick in the draft on anyone named Mendenhall, Stewart, Jackson, Manningham or Kelly.

Addressing a RB or WR with the Denver's first two picks simply does not address the team's biggest needs or it's overall problems stemming from last year, and into the future.

Clady, Williams, Otah, Merling or any other DT are absolutely what Denver needs most, and should be addressed first.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Plain and simple. The Broncos red-zone was pitiful because the O-Line couldn't open up holes last year for RB's.

The D-line was swiss-cheese, because we couldn't tackle RB's crossing the D-line.
    Merling is a DE and recently had sports hernia surgery, and I'm not sure Otah fits the profile of a Denver O-lineman - he's too big and dominating. But really though, I don't know if he has the quickness or technique to fit in well here. I think if Clady's there at #12 he HAS to be the pick. If not, it would be nice to trade down, but if no trade down opportunity is available, then it's a tough choice between Williams and Mendenhall at #12.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway23 View Post

Best post I've read in awhile

I don't know if I stated this, but I talked to Mike Klis the other day about DeSean Jackson and the Broncos do like him; but not at #12. Size is their big issue and the ability to keep through 16 games at 170 pounds is a real concern. If we traded down a bit, he becomes more of an option, but I doubt he's our guy at #12, even though he's a great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I don't know if I stated this, but I talked to Mike Klis the other day about DeSean Jackson and the Broncos do like him; but not at #12. Size is their big issue and the ability to keep through 16 games at 170 pounds is a real concern. If we traded down a bit, he becomes more of an option, but I doubt he's our guy at #12, even though he's a great talent.
    CP 4 breaking my <3

yes can we please draft a ted ginn jr clone with the 12th pick overall....heck even ginn still has 2 inches and 20+lbs on him.....id prefer trading down and picking up sweed or malcolm kelly if shanny is dead set on a wr

Bucssame as the panthers

Both of you and Beast dont get it.

Bills could have had Henry stay and not drafted Lynch but they did anyway because well gee Henry sucks, Same with the Titans.

The teams that were listed in the top 10 have every opprotunity to draft McFadden.

Face it you two Henry is an Backup quality RB, Why risk a team's record on a backup RB?

Do you think Kubiak would have taken a chance on Henry? probably but he would have someone backing him up.

A backfield with Hall, Henry , Bell and Young is not a deep talent pool of RB's espically when 3 of those RB's would be on any other team's practice squad instead of starting. As well as Henry ending up losing his starting job to a rookie RB who is at best far better then himself.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post

Bills could have had Henry stay and not drafted Lynch but they did anyway because well gee Henry sucks, Same with the Titans.
    First of all. The Bills didn't release him because of Lynch. They realeased him because of Willis McGahee. The Titans didn't release him because he sucked, Henry had 1,200+ yards and 7 TDs in his last season there. They released him because the Titans organization is run by fools who have a wonderful talent in Vince Young, but do absolutely nothing to help him.
    Why do you have such a vendetta against Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post

The teams that were listed in the top 10 have every opprotunity to draft McFadden.

Face it you two Henry is an Backup quality RB, Why risk a team's record on a backup RB?

Do you think Kubiak would have taken a chance on Henry? probably but he would have someone backing him up.

A backfield with Hall, Henry , Bell and Young is not a deep talent pool of RB's espically when 3 of those RB's would be on any other team's practice squad instead of starting. As well as Henry ending up losing his starting job to a rookie RB who is at best far better then himself.

Actually, no. The Bills got rid of Henry more or less because they had Willis McGahee in the backfield at the time. Henry played backup to Chris Brown his first year in Tennessee when he was traded there, but was worked in and became starter, but had to be released to clear cap space.

In 2006 he had 1,211 yards rushing at 4.5 yards per carry while being inactive for two games that season. Scored 7 touchdowns as well. And almost 200 yards receiving.

So saying that he's nothing more than a backup is really inaccurate.

Henry is a starter and should be used in rotation with Selvin Young/Andre Hall.

First of all. The Bills didn't release him because of Lynch. They realeased him because of Willis McGahee. The Titans didn't release him because he sucked, Henry had 1,200+ yards and 7 TDs in his last season there. They released him because the Titans organization is run by fools who have a wonderful talent in Vince Young, but do absolutely nothing to help him.
    Why do you have such a vendetta against Henry?
    Bills traded him.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
    Best post I've read in awhile
    im not sure how thats the best post, because the guys he named, he thought were DT's it sounded like

in which case he has no idea what he is talking about
    -------