Official: "We want to draft Chris Johnson thread"

This guy is going to be a star! Had the fastest 40 time. If he puts on 10-15 pounds he could be a good one. I say we grab him in the 4th or trade into the 3rd to get him.
    Last edited by Shanahanaramjam; 04-09-2008 at 08:42 AM.

I think we're a year to early to be drafting an impact player like this as high as the second round. For sure he's got great speed; but more impressively for me is his all purpose yards; he'd give us the abillity to make serious mismatches with linebackers lining up behind cutler and help us in third down situations.

If we can trade down in the first and acquire a third rounder we might be able to justify this pick; but the need at LB for depth is glaring and there will be a good backers available in the second. Factor in the need at DT (Laws, simms, Okam possibilities in 2nd 3rd or 4th ive read) and depth on the offensive line ( as well as a few starters potentially) all over this draft i don't think we can justify spending a pick on a luxury player.

If we're drafting him that high we'd have to expect hester esque miracles to get value.

Furthermore I think if we just scouted for return men/ x factors a lot more we'd be able to find them later on (josh cribbs was a Post Undrafted rookie)

To summarise i'd love him on the team; but for what will be needed to get him, i don't see it happening.
    "You only live twice, once when you're born and once when you look death in the face"

I didn't say the 2nd round.

yeh but thats where it's looking like hes going to go. If he goes later (late third onward ) he's worth the pick; but it's more likely he'll go earlier, to someone like dallas who will address there key needs in the first if they have 2 picks.
    "You only live twice, once when you're born and once when you look death in the face"

Gotcha. I feel he would help in a need area as well, the return game!

He may not even make it to our 42 pick, he's definately a 2nd rounder.

The beauty of him is that we can take our time with him as we have Henry and Young, let him return kicks and put on some weight, by 09' he will be ready!~

He reminds me alot of Clinton Portis when he came out, we all know how that worked out!

i definitely agree; this team lacks a home run hitter both at rb, wr and kick returner which johnson could be for us. His hands are what i like most; it makes him almost worth twice as much. The underlying thing is that portis needed a good line; which he had a core of in nalen ( a few years younger) and lepsis who anchored our line (there were others but i cant remember them) who helped make portis what he was- if johnson comes into a team without a line, he can be a great and still get nailed as defenses pour through. As i said, if we address our needs in the lines then we can afford to go for him, if not then we'll have to look for a difference maker elsewhere.

My sig says it all. Sure we need LBs and DTs, but Okam in the 4th would be a good starter, and Beau Bell in the 4th would be a starter too(he can probably beat out Niko). And if we get Robertson, we don't need a 2nd round DT.

ive seen everything i needed to see in this guy! theres a lot of good rb depth in this draft, but we have 2 get this guy!!!! in our system he will be one of the best in 2 years no joke!!! Please shanny draft CJ!!!!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/anotherchampsig.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/shutdown2.jpg[/IMG]

we've got a speed runningback in Selvin Young.. why waste an early draft pick on an underweight RB who'll put on some weight, loose his speed, and only see special teams action behind Travis Henry, Selvin Young, Andre Hall, and Mike Bell. We need to use high draft picks to fix our problem areas like D-tacke, Offensive Tackle and Safety.. maybe even WR

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    we've got a speed runningback in Selvin Young.. why waste an early draft pick on an underweight RB who'll put on some weight, loose his speed, and only see special teams action behind Travis Henry, Selvin Young, Andre Hall, and Mike Bell. We need to use high draft picks to fix our problem areas like D-tacke, Offensive Tackle and Safety.. maybe even WR
    Obviously you haven't seen Chris Johnson play. First of all he has a 4.24 40-speed... if he puts on another 15 pounds he will still be in the 4.3-4.4 range which is still fantastic for RBs. Secondly, CJ runs with a lot of power and balance that goes with his tremendous speed, so bulking up will make him a potential probowl-dominant threat in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    this is what 4.2 speed looks like!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/anotherchampsig.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/shutdown2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13 View Post
    Obviously you haven't seen Chris Johnson play. First of all he has a 4.24 40-speed... if he puts on another 15 pounds he will still be in the 4.3-4.4 range which is still fantastic for RBs. Secondly, CJ runs with a lot of power and balance that goes with his tremendous speed, so bulking up will make him a potential probowl-dominant threat in the NFL.
    yeah i'm not stupid..i know who Chris Johnson is... and the ideal weight for NFL runningbacks these days to help prevent injury is about 215lbs... he's only 195. Why waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who after bulking up will run a 4.4 when we could easily find one in the 4th round?? I dont get it with u Chris Johnson fanatics. also what i highlighted is not true... he's comparible to a Jerious Norwood.. very finesse and good at angling his defenders where they can't make the arm tackle on him... We're not desperate enough to grab a RB in the 2nd round when we have other problems to fix through the draft like DT, OT, and safety... think about that

Quote Originally Posted by daspeedster View Post
    this is what 4.2 speed looks like!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok
    I know what 4.2 speed looks like and honestly i don't care... have u seen DeAngelo Hall??? I'm not stupid i know my football...