Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jackson, Broncos come to terms

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3350198

Im not too worried about the knees. Glad to have you Darrell.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCaliBronco View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3350198

Im not too worried about the knees. Glad to have you Darrell.

Sweet! I loved him in Seattle. He would be great in our system because it would be very similar to what was in Seattle.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

I'm glad to have him, at very least he pushes all other WRs and breeds competition. Best case scenario we find a great #2 to compliment Brandon Marshall.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

I hope he returns to Seattle form, with less drop balls.

At least this puts to rest all the opinions of people who thought we'd take a WR in the 1st.

Hmm, looks like he is a 1000 yard talent if he can stay healthy. Assuming we didnt give up to much for him, this is a very exciting signing.

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40 View Post
    I hope he returns to Seattle form, with less drop balls.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking!.. He dropped so many balls with San Fran. It was ridiculious.

I'm hoping the move to Denver will help him get out of that funk!

i am glad we have him on our team its great to have him
    [QUOTE][IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/lubanks/champ6tv-1.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lets go team

cool

glad to see we are imroving our team instead of disapaiting. hope jackson finds a home here and denver and helps us win a super bowl

I think the Broncos are starting to go overboard with the WRs. I like Jackson, and think he'll get back to good statistics with a good QB(something that he didnt have in San Fran), but IMO the Broncos are putting too much money to that position. Do we really need Colbert or Sammie Parker now that we got Darrel Jackson? Maybe as the future #2 but as for right now they are just going to be riding the bench, and we're paying them too much money for that, especially Colbert. What we should be doing is investing this money into the future of the Broncos WRs: Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. They are both going to be asking for new contracts soon with the numbers they've been putting up. Not to mention we are going to have to resign DJ Williams and hopefully Champ Bailey next offseason. I believe Colberts deal was 7 million, IMO that money should go elsewhere if we were going to bring in a veteran like Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    I think the Broncos are starting to go overboard with the WRs. I like Jackson, and think he'll get back to good statistics with a good QB(something that he didnt have in San Fran), but IMO the Broncos are putting too much money to that position. Do we really need Colbert or Sammie Parker now that we got Darrel Jackson? Maybe as the future #2 but as for right now they are just going to be riding the bench, and we're paying them too much money for that, especially Colbert. What we should be doing is investing this money into the future of the Broncos WRs: Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. They are both going to be asking for new contracts soon with the numbers they've been putting up. Not to mention we are going to have to resign DJ Williams and hopefully Champ Bailey next offseason. I believe Colberts deal was 7 million, IMO that money should go elsewhere if we were going to bring in a veteran like Jackson.
    Um, we signed Parker and Jackson to 1 year contracts each. We will have plenty of cap room next year to resign Marshall. If Scheffler doesnt step up this year, and he commands money, we should cut him.

I like the signing.
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by onechance View Post
    i am glad we have him on our team its great to have him
    I just hope he doesn't mess up our 2008 season by dropping too many passes. As a matter of fact, some people actually consider this to be a downgrade for our passing game. I hope we prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCaliBronco View Post
    I just hope he doesn't mess up our 2008 season by dropping too many passes. As a matter of fact, some people actually consider this to be a downgrade for our passing game. I hope we prove them wrong.
    I don't see how it can be a downgrade. We only had a healthy Javon for 2 games. IMO, any moves we make at WR are an upgrade at receiver considering all the injuries we had in 2007.
    [IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r302/kylewillett10/n69201344_31167066_5370.jpg[/IMG]

Guess this can now quiet all the talk of Denver taking a WR early in the draft.

With Colbert, Jackson, and Parker we likely won't be looking at any WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    Overboard??? Did you not see our WR corp last season? Did you not see how quickly things fall apart when you have injuries? You want to ONLY sign a single WR when our total group is lacking???