Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    357

    Hamza Abdullah re-signed!

    Remove Hamza Abdullah from the restricted free agent market.

    The fourth-year safety signed his contract tender from the Broncos. Expected to open the season as the Broncos' starting strong safety, Abdullah will receive a $927,000 salary.

    The restricted free-agent period expires Friday and with no offer sheets from other teams coming, Abdullah decided to clear his mind and concentrate on getting ready for the 2008 season.

    A seventh-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2005, Abdullah was eventually signed by the Broncos and started the final eight games in 2007.

    He will likely begin training camp starting at strong safety next to veteran John Lynch, although both safeties will receive competition from veteran free agents Marquand Manuel and Marlon McCree.

    From those four safeties, Abdullah, 24, is by far the youngest and is also the fastest so he may be the only every-down player from the group.


    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8958491



    Abdullah rules! I hope he can get the starting spot this year

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    457
    first good news I've heard in 3 months. physicaly he is what a safety should look like

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    I'm not disappointed, but I'm not excited. I dont' feel Abdullah is a long term starter at all, and feel that he is purely depth and special teams material.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,151
    It would be a huge boost to our team if he had a breakout year.
    My 2011 starting defense

    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    502
    I hate his name.
    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm not disappointed, but I'm not excited. I dont' feel Abdullah is a long term starter at all, and feel that he is purely depth and special teams material.
    Usually I agree with you Ravage, but I think you're dead wrong here. If he can improve his open field tackling technique he is a potential pro-bowler in my opinion. He's very fast, very athletic, and works hard.

    Very good news here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,406

    Can you be more specific?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglebronco View Post
    I hate his name.
    Is it the Hamza part, or the Abdullah part? Come on, say which one. You can do it. Is it H-A-M-Z-A? Or, A-B-D-U-L-L-A-H??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglebronco View Post
    I hate his name.
    Idk, his name is very similar to an amazing corner that plays for the raiders.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,406

    Open-field tackling technique?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Usually I agree with you Ravage, but I think you're dead wrong here. If he can improve his open field tackling technique he is a potential pro-bowler in my opinion. He's very fast, very athletic, and works hard.

    Very good news here.
    Could it be that you are referring to those times when HA had his guy, even for a loss, and just completely missed him? Yes, I agree. Improvement needed. Basically, just aim with your head (the thing that has your eyes in it); stick that in front; wrap up with your arms; and, don't stop driving your feet until everyone is on the ground.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,406

    Homographs/Homonyms/Homophones??

    Quote Originally Posted by Geandily View Post
    Remove Hamza Abdullah from the restricted free agent market.

    The fourth-year safety signed his contract tender from the Broncos. Expected to open the season as the Broncos' starting strong safety, Abdullah will receive a $927,000 salary.

    The restricted free-agent period expires Friday and with no offer sheets from other teams coming, Abdullah decided to clear his mind and concentrate on getting ready for the 2008 season.

    A seventh-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2005, Abdullah was eventually signed by the Broncos and started the final eight games in 2007.

    He will likely begin training camp starting at strong safety next to veteran John Lynch, although both safeties will receive competition from veteran free agents Marquand Manuel and Marlon McCree.

    From those four safeties, Abdullah, 24, is by far the youngest and is also the fastest so he may be the only every-down player from the group.


    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8958491



    Abdullah rules! I hope he can get the starting spot this year
    Is it resigned or re-signed? You had me going there for a minute. Thought Hamza Abdullah had resigned from the team not re-signed to the team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    126
    This player is from what I have seen is a good teammate and has a huge upside. Good size very athletic, willing to work. As long as he sures up that open field tackling he has the POTENTIAL to be a very very good safety.
    CMack
    [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165[/url]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Could it be that you are referring to those times when HA had his guy, even for a loss, and just completely missed him? Yes, I agree. Improvement needed. Basically, just aim with your head (the thing that has your eyes in it); stick that in front; wrap up with your arms; and, don't stop driving your feet until everyone is on the ground.
    Exactly. He got caught several times trying to go for the big hits. Occasionally he'll make those big hits (like lynch), but more often than not he timed it wrong. Big hits are mostly on guys who are concentrating on something else, like catching the ball, or who are trapped along the sideline with nowhere to go. Very rare to see a big hit on an open field runner.

    I really think Champ Bailey should teach a training seminar for every Bronco on open field tackling. No one does it like he does.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Shiba Inu!
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Usually I agree with you Ravage, but I think you're dead wrong here. If he can improve his open field tackling technique he is a potential pro-bowler in my opinion. He's very fast, very athletic, and works hard.

    Very good news here.
    A STARTING strong safety should not have a GIGANTIC *IF* about their tackling ability. And from what we saw him do last year, hes got a LONG way to go before he is up to NFL tackling standards.

    I see him as nothing more than a stand in until we draft a real safety.


    And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    179
    OH MY GOD


    When I read the title I thought resigned as in retired. That almost gave me a heart attack.


    And anyway, what's wrong with his name. It's awesome when players have really long names. Makes them more intimidating (which is the problem with Bly).
    [URL="http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/ladainian_tomlinson_to_play"]No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.theonion.com/content/node/53699"]No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.[/URL]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Houston =D
    Posts
    2,282
    Glad to have ya back, Hamza! =)
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

    My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

    I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •