Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I think our running game has improved more than any other team in the Big 12. Not only is our line a year older, but we got two pretty good backs this year.

We finished 8th last year at 144.2 yards per game (7th had 144.4). I don't think that teams got better than us:

Kansas State
    Iowa State
    Baylor
    Texas Tech

In fact I can see us jumping all the way to 5 or 6 ahead of Kansas and Nebraska and possibly Missouri with the loss of Tony Temple. There is no way I see us finishing number 11 out of 12 in the Big 12 in rushing.
    [URL="http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1331497"]Goal Line Blitz[/URL] - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

Quote Originally Posted by draco193 View Post
    While at the store yesterday just breezed through the athlon sports college preview. Had us at #31 nationally.

Id agree 3rd in the North. I think we will surprise either Kansas or Mizzou, but, probably not both. 7th might be low, but, they probably have tech and a&m ahead of us in the south.
    Missouri came into your own backyard and demolished you 55-10. I seriously doubt you will surprise us in our home.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    Missouri came into your own backyard and demolished you 55-10. I seriously doubt you will surprise us in our home.
    Every year things are different. It is why I said it would be a surprise. I mean heck, who would have picked Illinois over Ohio State, Stanford over USC, or Appalachian State over Michigan last season.

CU is much better heading into this season then they were last year. We will surprise some folks.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    I don't think we have a chance, however I don't think it will be as drastic as 55-10

yes I agree I think Missouri is going to be even better next year, but so will we. I also think we have much more room to improve since they were damn near perfect so I can see the score being closer, even though the game is in Mizzery.
    [URL="http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1331497"]Goal Line Blitz[/URL] - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

Quote Originally Posted by tante_vasquez View Post
    yes I agree I think Missouri is going to be even better next year, but so will we. I also think we have much more room to improve since they were damn near perfect so I can see the score being closer, even though the game is in Mizzery.
    I'm looking forward to that game, and the WVU game the most out of all of em. Of course Texass as well, just cause how much tension I caused with my Scott predictions here....lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffs99 View Post
    The word i hear isn't good. I'm not sure he'll ever see the field.
    Any news with Bake yet?

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Any news with Bake yet?
    Who? Sorry. I'm not following.
    [url]www.allbuffs.com[/url]
    [IMG]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7e/DenverBroncosOld.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffs99 View Post
    Who? Sorry. I'm not following.
    Steven Baker.

It's been a while since i looked at scout.com. This is the first I've heard of the kid. His numbers look good. I wonder why he doesn't have any other offers yet.
    [IMG]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7e/DenverBroncosOld.gif[/IMG]

I had a dream about CU football last night...
    We were playing against Arkansas in Boulder for the season opener. our team started out pretty slow on offense but surprisingly our defense was not bad, combined with the fact that arkansas' offense was ****ty as a result of losing every single one of their playmakers (jones and mcfadden). anyway, in the second half it is 14-0 arkansas.

this is when we start chipping away at them. hawkins throws a nice long ball to someone for a touchdown. 14-7. we get an interception on the next drive and get inside the redzone but have to kick field goal (being used to eberhart, we are all very skeptical about our kicker's ability to make the 25 yard try). he manages to make it and we are down 14-10 and begin to dare to hope for victory. we force arkansas to punt on their next possession and drive down field using our running game (mainly darrell scott who hadn't had many carries up to this point).

hawkins throws a short touchdown pass in the redzone and we are up 17-14 late in the game and fans in folsom field go crazy. with two minutes left in game arkansas had been forced to punt so we have possession on our own 10 yard line. at tihs point we decide to switch to baseballs and baseball gloves (i guess this should have made it obvious to me that it was a dream). hawkins throws the ball as far as he can, it bounces a few times and rolls to the arkansas cornerback, he picks up the ball and throws it back to his teammate who is in our endzone for a touchdown. arkansas is leading 21-17 with 1:30 left in game and boulder fans are stunned.

arkansas kicks off to scott who is swarmed by arkansas's special teams but manages to put some moves on them and gets to the 50 yard line where he fumbles the ball forward, fortunately the ball bounces to one of our guys who swats it out of bounds. don't remember what happens right after this but we end up first and goal on arkansas' 5 yard line with 1 minute left in game. hawkins hands off to ryan miller in an attempt to bulldoze into the endzone. he gets stopped for no game and clock keeps running. next play, hawkins hands off to scott who sidesteps a defender and looks like he is going into the endzone but gets stopped a yard short. then a timeout is called so we can think what to do next. when we get back to the play, hawkins has called a trick formation. cody is alone at the line of scrimmage with the rest of the team lined up 5 yards behind him to either side. they start running forward and as they are almost at the line, hawkins snaps the ball to markques simas who runs in for the touchdown with 10 seconds left in game. (the idea behind this play is that arkansas' would have no idea who the ball is going to until right before they get it and won't be able to react properly in time since there is only 2 yards to go. the kind of whacky play that hawkins might try if it were legal )

this is where i wake up and realize that college football season hasn't started, but it was an interesting dream
    dream evaluation of team: defense, surprisingly, was not ****ty. although they played against a ****ty offense so it was hard to say for sure.
    offensive line was very impressive and consistently knocked the defenders off the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations when they knew we would run. hawkins had not improved and was frustrating to watch at times. wide receivers didn't seem to get better, weren't getting open often. darrell scott met expectations and was a pleasant surprise as kick returner
    Last edited by DrunkPanda; 06-25-2008 at 07:20 AM.

Wow. That was awesome. I don't think anyone can question your fanhood after that.

heh, thanks. i just had to tell someone about that dream right when i woke up

go big red!!!!! N

Go Big Troll......t('_')......