Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    if he did tear his acl, there's a good chance he will be back to full strength by the time he enrolls at CU, isn't there? he would most likely have to redshirt his freshman year either way, so this injury won't really have much of an impact on his development right?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    if he did tear his acl, there's a good chance he will be back to full strength by the time he enrolls at CU, isn't there? he would most likely have to redshirt his freshman year either way, so this injury won't really have much of an impact on his development right?
    Typically yeah, I just have to wonder though since we have 2 QBs committed out 3 total commits this cycle so far.

I know more about Evans anyway, so I'm more inclined to have him as a future QB after Ballenger or possibly even Hawk

I have a good feeling about Shaq Evans guys

Alright, time for a flurry of posts prepare yourselves, And I would love input

(I'm only going over Recruits that have not committed or have a star rating from WR on, also I'm attempting to do this with metal blaring, there will most likely be mistakes )
    Pro Style QB

Ryan Mossakowski 4 Stars : Has an offer. Don't let the Pro Style title fool you, the kid can move. Not to mention he can throw VERY well while on the run. Has a fantastic arm, very accurate. I would normally say "Go get him!" but we have 2 commits already in the position.

Drew Allen 3 Stars : Has an offer. He can throw the ball, not very mobile in lateral movement. Ran the option in High School, never really looked to pitch in the highlights. Arm strength isn't all that great however he is pretty accurate, can get it in the tight spots.

Ted Landers 3 Stars : No offer. This guy sure can chuck it. Don't be surprised to see him jump up a star or two this next year. (Most likely just one ) Highlights didnt show him move, but I'm impressed by the throwing alone.

Eric Anderson NR : No offer. I like the mechanics. He holds the ball WAYYYY too long. Awareness in the pocket could use some fine tuning. Good throws.

Landon Greve NR : No offer. Decent arm. But seriously, I can't understand the title of Pro Style QB much. He tends to run alot more than throw. Doesn't hit the receiver in stride.

Cole Pembroke NR : No Offer. He doesn't hit his receiver in stride. Can chuck it. If he has to run he is pretty fast. Needs to work on that one aspect of hitting his receiver in stride.

Dual Threat QB

Nathan Scheelhaase 4 Star Has an offer. Runs more than throws. A Vince Young type player. Doesn't have the strongest arm but is rather accurate.

Alex Drexler NR No Offer. Slow 40, decent arm. Makes good decisions.

Andrew Jackson NR No offer. Not a very strong arm, however he can put the ball in a tight spot.

Alex Pidcock NR No offer. No video Either

Jordan Roberts NR No offer. Hits his receiver in stride. Sure can move.

Derek Todd NR No offer. No video.

All in all I am very satisfied in our pickups of Wynn and Clark.
    Last edited by str8jacket; 07-03-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Running Backs

(lord help me)
    All Purpose Back

Daniel Jenkins 4 Star : No offer. Can move, runs between the tackles very well. Dangerous in open field.

Marcus Darden 3 Star " Has an offer. He from Compton! Aaaah! No video =/

Dalton Hilliard 3 Star : Has an offer. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. When he gets open space he is pretty much gone. Doesn't have ideal speed straight out of the backfield. Run STRAIGHT AHEAD!

Arby Fields 3 Star No offer. Cool name . No vid.

James White 3 Star Has an offer. Doesn't break many tackles. And when he would break a tackle it was due to terrible tackling technique. Good speed. Can catch out of the backfield. Runs somewhat upright.

Robert Walker 3 Star No offer. Runs upright. Can break a tackle or two, A bit slow out of the backfield, once he gets to top speed it would be hard to catch him.

Kevin Fogg NR No offer. Catches the ball out of the backfield. Love the running between the tackles. Looks almost like a fullback despite the 5-9 height.

Tanner Giffin NR No offer. No video.

John Hughes NR No offer. No video.

Jamal Nero NR No offer. Decent blocker. Doesn't go down on first contact. Not gonna wow ya.

Running Backs

Dasarte Yarnway 4 Star Has an offer. Runs between the tackles, doesn't seem to break tackles though. Not very fast either. Runs upright to an extent.

Jamal Miles 3 star : No offer. No video.

Reginald Bryant 3 Star : No offer. Very fast, elusive. Dangerous in the open field.

Curry Williams 3 Star : No offer. Elusive, fast. Can make plays. Runs between tacklers well.

Dominique Bell NR : No offers. No video.

I'm bored with running backs O.o The rest really don't have any offers or videos anyway

Full Backs

Nick Grenfell NR : No offers. No video.

Cole Huntley NR No offers. Oh man, this guy just straight up bullies other guys. Runs over kids!

Wide Receivers

Shaquelle Evans 5 Star Has an offer. BALLIN! This guy is reported to be focusing on CU among other schools which gives me alot of confidence. This guy can straight up go get it. He's a monster despite being 6-1. Doesn't go down on first contact. He does end arounds . Gimme gimme gimme!

Jemari Roberts 4 Star Has an offer. Hell of a special teams guy. Good size and uses it to his advantage.

Kendall Kelly 4 Star Has an offer. The guy is fast, has great hands, can deal with contact and adjust during the catch.

Emory Blake 4 Star : Has an offer. Plays alot of positions, from the looks of it. WR, QB, RB. He has great hands, can block downfield, he can also chuck it. Could be a jack of all trades in the right offense. Could use alot of gadget plays with him.

Keenan Davis 4 Star Has an offer. Had to come back for one or two balls, but even then that didn't stop him from going pay dirt. Makes guys miss.

Uzoma Nwachukwu 4 Star : Has an offer, and a hell of a name . Can catch the ball out the backfield, can block downfield. Doesn't jump out at you but he is a very solid 4 star.

Diante Jackson 3 Star Has an offer. No video

Jarrod Darden 3 Star : Committed Dude is a baller. JUMBO!

Skyler Scott 3 Star Has an offer. No video.

Zach Rogers 3 Star : has an offer. He can make plays, not a bad jumper. Wouldnt be surprised to see him as a 3rd string or lower, possibly a tight end if he is a good blocker.

Ricky Marvray 3 Star : No offer. No video.

Terdema Ussery 3 Star : has an offer. Good speed, not very elusive, no highlights of blocking. Tends to let the ball come to his chest. Solid hands, had some great athletic catches.

Abrecus Martinez 3 Star : Has an offer. Breaks tackles and runs good routes. One of the touchdowns in his vid was just ridiculous. Not in a sense of the catch but seriously, coverage anyone?

Jaz Reynolds 3 Star : Has an offer. Doesn't have breakaway speed that kills you but has great concentration for a catch. Good size and he isn't afraid to run into people. Can also avoid em pretty well too.

Tight Ends

Ryan Hewitt 4 Star Has an offer. Hell of a blocker, can also catch downfield. Would be a great asset to this team.

Jack Baucus 3 Star Has an offer. With his size I can easily see him getting moved to tackle. Despite that, he has good hands, sadly doesn't have the speed you would need if you put him out wide.

Kenneth Cooper 3 star Has an offer. Reminds me alot of Danny Graham. Can catch the ball, even make a leaping catch going horizontal with the ground.

Of this batch the people I would really want us to get are....

Ryan Hewitt, local kid.
    Cole Huntley.
    Shaq Evans.
    And of course, even though he is already committed Jarrod Darden.

does anyone else think that Evans has a really strange throwing motion? Like he winds up real slow and rifles it the last 1/4 of the full motion. He seems to be left off balance by a lot of throws.

I read an espn review of the kid and said he is a gunslinger that is a pocket passer, which looking at the video and the reports not sure if I agree with. ESPN is pretty stupid so I wouldn't be surprised if they where scouting another QB.

Either way, I'm glad he on board.
    [URL="http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1331497"]Goal Line Blitz[/URL] - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

Offensive Tackles

Xavier Su'a Filo 4 Star : Has an offer. No video.

Jack Harris 3 Star Has an offer. The guy straight up mauls people.

Daniel Hood 3 Star Has an offer. Hahaha, oh man I loved watching his first highlight vid. He just trucks forward and knocks people on their ass. Dunno if we have much of a shot at him since he's in SEC country but we will see.

Taylor Lewan 3 stars : No offer, no video.

Gavin Pascarella 3 Stars : No offer. Keeps his head on a swivel and engages. Problem is he tends to get pushed around a bit.

Offensive Guard

Michael Philipp 4 Star Has an offer. Video quality gives me a headache =/ Valdez can give input if wanted.

Jeramie Roberts 3 Star Has an offer. He holds his own against bigger guys. After one block he usually continues on to find his next target.

Matt Shinn 3 Star : No offer, no video.

Michael Brown 3 Star No offer. Man he has the size, and he plays just straight up mean. It's hilarious to watch him knock people down.

Rio Mares 3 Star No offer, no video.

Center

Doug Zismann 3 Star : No offer, Wasn't playing center in the video?

I would like to see us go after

Michael Brown
    Jack Harris
    Also, Sirles doesn't have any interest in us?

Weakside Defensive Ends

Devon Kennard 5 star : has an offer. Guy plays fast. Great at closing in and finishing with a fantastic tackle. Sadly, looks as though he's ASU or USC. Doesn't even say he's "considering us" =/

Craig Roh 4 Star : has an offer. This guy doesn't stop. I would hate to have blocked against him. Hits hard, fast around the edge.

Jackson Powell 3 Star : No offer. No video.

Kevin Greene 3 star : Has an offer. Doesn't look like he's interested, wants to stay in Pac-10. No video.

Nathan Mayfield 3 star Has an offer. Can get past blockers, has special teams coverage experience. Fast when he gets in backfield, closes very quickly.

Anthony Wells 3 star : no offer. No video

Andrew Weaver 3 Star : Has an offer. No video.

Matt Garin 3 Star : has an offer. No video. Valdez was right though, very scripted response.

Bryan Burke 3 star No offer. Typical defensive end highlight tape. shows him getting sacks

Strongside Defensive End

Nick Kasa 4 Star : has an offer. Has freakish size and has gained 20 pounds. Pretty much a lock for Florida I think. Sorry guys.

Nosa Eguae 3 star : has an offer. Good measureables. Plays tough.

Michael Buchanan 3 Star Has an offer. Redundancy is killing me!

Kevin Young 3 Star Has an offer.

Colton Nash 3 star Has an offer

Trent Murphy 3 star has an offer.

Justin Jungblut 3 Star has an offer.

Defensive Tackles

Deandre Coleman 4 Star has an offer.

Corey Gaines 4 Star has an offer.

Edward Nuckols 4 Star has an offer.

Latu Heimuili 4 star has an offer.

Tyrone Ezell 3 Star has an offer. doubtful he comes here.

Joey Searcy 3 Star has an offer.

Curtis Porter 3 Star High on Florida. We have offered.

Nate Bonsu 3 star has an offer.

Deon Simon 3 Star Has an offer.

Quayshawn Buckley 3 star No offers.

Inside Linebackers

Manti Te'o 5 Star Has an offer. His play style reminds me alot of Katoas. He can drop back in coverage and can also lay the wood.

Travis Brown 3 Star has an offer. No videos.

Darius Moffett 3 StarHas an offer, No videos

Jake Fischer 3 Star Has an offer, no videos. Seems to be really interested in us.

T.J. Alofipo 3 Star No offer, no video

Outside Linebacker

Keenan Graham 4 Star Has an offer. Video has him playing end.

Roderick Goodlow 3 Star Has an offer. Takes great angles on the ball carrier. Could use work on technique as far as tackling is concerned.

Michael Clay 3 star : No offer. Great in space as far as coverage is concerned. Solid tackler. Gets into the backfield.

Maurice Cox 3 Star : No offers. No video.

Corner backs

Gabe Lynn 4 Star : Has an offer. Great tackler. Solid in coverage.

Eric Gordon 4 star : Has an offer, great tackler. Reminds me alot of T-Wheat cause of size and closing speed.

Bernard Bolden 4 star Has an offer, most of his highlights were of him picking the ball off so i guess the initial response would be of him being a ball hawk.

Brenden Sermons 4 star : Has an offer, no video.

Andrew Green 3 Star Has an offer, he has great anticipation, good in run support. Great closing speed.

Gene Robinson 3 Star Has an offer, Great in run support. Had a pick or two, problem is he couldnt get away from pursuers.

DeAndre Byrd 3 Star Has an offer, seems to take his time. Could hustle a bit more =/ good in coverage.

Thomas Ferguson 3 star No offer. Plays mostly safety in his video. Very aggressive.

Antonio Brown 3 Star : No offer. Makes good plays on the ball. Has good speed.

Safeties

Daytoawion Lowe 4 Star : Has an offer. Basically plays line backer in his vid.

Alex Logan 3 Star : Has an offer. Good all around safety. Can Drop back into coverage or come up and hit people.

Yahshua Williams 3 Star No offer, no video.

Keenyn Walker 3 Star : No offer, No video.

I still want Parker Orms =/

Anyway, I'll go over athletes and kickers later.

I'm exhausted

Awesome posts. Good stuff.
    [url]www.allbuffs.com[/url]
    [IMG]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7e/DenverBroncosOld.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffs99 View Post
    Just a rumor for now. But SD Buff is a trustworthy poster. Which worries me.

Should have been more clear. I was just repeating the rumor- which is funny b/c the way I found this thread was with a google search- Wynn ACL.

Turns out the rumor started on the BDC buffzone..... so assuming its just BS.

But know Adam is trying to reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by SD Buff View Post
    Should have been more clear. I was just repeating the rumor- which is funny b/c the way I found this thread was with a google search- Wynn ACL.

Turns out the rumor started on the BDC buffzone..... so assuming its just BS.

But know Adam is trying to reach him.
    you're the shiznit SD

that would be awesome if we got shaq evans. and i wouldn't be that surprised if we did. kiesau is one of the best recruiting wide receiver coaches in the country...

btw is anyone else worried that cabral isn't making more money? he's recognized as one of the TOP assistant coaches in college football, he should be the second highest paid coach on the team. i will be very upset with whoever sets the salaries (i think it's bohn?) if he leaves us for another team unless it's for a headcoaching job... i wouldn't mind seeing him become our new defensive coordinator. or even the next headcoach if hawkins doesn't work out. i bet he would bring in awesome recruiting classes