Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My thoughts on our draft so far!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Enjoy the night. . . and have fun tomorrow!

Good job thanks for the read. I agree with you!

Completely agree Dream. Great draft so far.

I'm with you 100% on this Dream.

Also completely agree.

Hopefully with a bit of a cool-off period the fans will see the wisdom behind both picks, spefically the Royal selection.

Actually, who gives a ****?

Good write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Hope you guys enjoy it!

Whats your take Clady playing in a weaker conference against much worse players than most of the other top tackles played against? The level of compitition will be a much steeper climb than for others because of his conference. That is what I am worried about.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
    Whats your take Clady playing in a weaker conference against much worse players than most of the other top tackles played against? The level of compitition will be a much steeper climb than for others because of his conference. That is what I am worried about.
    Clady has some individual match-up's that were a lot harder than people give him credit for. I don't think the competition moniker he has on him should stick. Had he not scored a 13 on the Wonderlic, nobody would be down on him.

Shanahan said he came in, they talked football and he understood the schemes, reads, etc. very, very well. He can be a moron and dead brain at math or science, but he knows football.

It's a non-factor for me. I think he's going to be great.

Good read Dream. I had Royal in my sig mock at #61 (no way would he have lasted until the 3rd), but changed it up to go after Lofton (who I knew wouldn't last until #42).

DeSean was more publicized, but Eddie is a better, stronger version of him.

I am just pissed Lofton went 5 picks before us (but I think Shanny was locked into this selection, so it doesn't matter).
    My 2011 starting defense

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Clady has some individual match-up's that were a lot harder than people give him credit for. I don't think the competition moniker he has on him should stick. Had he not scored a 13 on the Wonderlic, nobody would be down on him.

Shanahan said he came in, they talked football and he understood the schemes, reads, etc. very, very well. He can be a moron and dead brain at math or science, but he knows football.

Exactly. We have seen some dead dumb people be GREAT football players. If we were drafting a center, QB, Safety or MLB that scored a 13, I would have more concerns. But the main thing is if they can play football. I don't care if they can do the math for their paychecks, as long as they know which way to block and when.

On a side note, I'll tell you all that Royal wasn't even a guy I thought of at #42; but I'm not pissed off because we didn't get someone else.

I'd of loved Laws or a multitude of other players, but it's a nice fit -- he's high character, smart and wants to do well. With that kind of attitude, he can go far.

Well, as long as your convinced im happy.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

exellent analys, took the words right out of my mouth. mark my words, royal will be the best reciever from this draft. cant wait till tommorow, i know most people are hyped about the first 2 rounds, i'm more exited aqbout tommorow. lots a picks and chanced to get sleepers

heres my 2nd day wishlist

jeremy zuttah
    tom zbikwoski
    owen schmitt
    kirk barton
    steve slaton
    frank okam
    durant brooks
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

On a side note, I'll tell you all that Royal wasn't even a guy I thought of at #42; but I'm not pissed off because we didn't get someone else.

I'd of loved Laws or a multitude of other players, but it's a nice fit -- he's high character, smart and wants to do well. With that kind of attitude, he can go far.

Was not who I wanted but I feel very much the same way...

What was you thinking Dream when James Hardy was 1 spot away ??

Did you know after a few picks in the 2nd with Hardy and Jackson still on the boards we was going to draft WR ???

I did but I was not thinking of Royal but I can very much live with that pick...

You are right on with Clady, his low score on the Wonderlic doesn't concern me. He is clearly a player and probably the best pure LT in the draft this year, his long arms and good build along with his feet will make him a very good blindside guard.

With the premium on OT in the 1st round this year we really scored big, Clady could be a Bronco (I guess he already was a Bronco for the last 3 years) for life.

I am not that big on Royal, only 6 of the top 30 players in 2007 for recieving yards are listed as less than 6-0, so it is not easy being a short guy on offense. I think he will be a good returner, but I doubt he will ever be more than an occasional player on offense.

We needed a returner and we got one, with the run of quick recievers taken in the 2nd, it wasn't as much of a reach as it seemed at the time, but it still seems like we could have gotten more value by taking a different position. If we came into this draft looking for 3 long term starters, I would say we have only found 1 so far, so we really need to work those 4th and 5th rounders.

As for not taking Desean Jackson, that really supports what Bowlen said about not taking anymore questionable characters. Royal is a good guy and I am happy we didn't take Jackson who is little more than a common thug.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Dream...thanks for the assessment. I like the Clady pick, but I'd be lying if I said I knew who Royal was before we drafted him. You like him, Mike Mayock liked the pick, and the Broncos like him so hopefully he turns out to be a good choice!

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**