Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    Well, reportedly we could have traded down with one team as they were rather interested in a certain tackle and wanted to move ahead of a team to get the lil guy.

Kansas City had been reported by about 3 places as wanted to trade ahead of us for Clady. So Had we really wanted to give them him and take Albert I bet we could have.

From what I have read: I think both teams wanted Clady, Albert was just behind him on the OL board for KC and they took him.
    There were rumors that the Chefs were interested in trading down a few spots from 5 to draft Clady, but when Dorsey feel in their laps they couldn't pass him up.

I agree, from everything I've read, I was convinced the Chefs were going to take Clady, even if it meant taking him at 5, and I think Albert was a PlanB/C.....

Quote Originally Posted by humpbobby View Post
    My poor fridge has been empty of beer for awhile now and Im truely sadden by this..
    You shouldn't ask Cug to get you some, because of his poor understanding of the blocking scheme it would significantly cool down his house. Although this would not be as big of a weakness in the summer months.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Again are you willing to bet on this Mind? You keep talking but won't say yay or nay.

I am not completely sold. I have said I wanted Williams the most. Granted I think Clady fits our scheme and a wonderlic score hardly shows everything about intelligence. Do I think he is BRIGHT as can be? Probably not a 4.0 typa guy, but I do think he obviously must be football smart to be such a stud player and quickly make the move from DT to OT in college.

There are many players who are football smart who may not be the scholars of the world. I am not arguing your part that intelligence is a big deal, but a player who is football smart but may not be scholarly can be successfull in the pro's.
    Bet what?

I am always willing to stand by my posts, that is nothing new. AS a Bronco fan, I am hoping Clady will be a player....maybe he will, maybe he won't...I just think there happen to be alot of questions about him.

I had similar feelings about George Foster when we took him, but I waited until it played out and I actually saw him play with us, and I will do the same with Clady.

So, we'll see.

The Wonderlic test is at best a poor meassure of mental capacity and more likely a waste of everyones time.

Here are 2 scores: 39 and 16. One was scored by a hall of famer QB who set almost every meaningful passing record in the game, the other was set by Brian Griese .... and yes, Dan Marino scored 16. If Clady pans out almost as well as Dan Marino, I am okay with that. I know that is a fabricated example, you can find lots of hall of famers with high wonderlic scores, but it illustrates that Wonderlic isn't the tell all marker.

I think Albert will be a pro bowler, but never at OT. I don't think he has the foot speed to mirror fast guys on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Hope you guys enjoy it!

Enjoy the night. . . and have fun tomorrow!
    Thanks - Agree 100% - I appreciate it

Thanks Dream for the assesment. Admitingly it didn't know a few of these guys before the draft......but the professionals seem to like the picks for the most part, so that's good enough for me. I think alot of people are mad because we (and usually don't) didn't go for any "sexy" picks. But personally, I am far more concerned with making the team better with guys who can contribute over time and build a good future core for the team, not a "sexy" pick. I think that Shanny moving up to get Cutler a few years back was enough "sexy" to last the Broncos for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    Bet what?

I am always willing to stand by my posts, that is nothing new. AS a Bronco fan, I am hoping Clady will be a player....maybe he will, maybe he won't...I just think there happen to be alot of questions about him.

I had similar feelings about George Foster when we took him, but I waited until it played out and I actually saw him play with us, and I will do the same with Clady.

So, we'll see.
    So basically you again have done what you have done in the past Mind. You take some bold statement until someone calls you on it, I'm willing to bet a lil cred on it, but you can't take that stand?

Hmm... Well I'll keep this thread in mind when Clady plays out as a much better player than Albert.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

You shouldn't ask Cug to get you some, because of his poor understanding of the blocking scheme it would significantly cool down his house. Although this would not be as big of a weakness in the summer months.
    Well, my power went out this morning, so I had to eat the perishables, starting with the pan of chocolate fudge brownies!

I might not be able run a 4.4 today . . . . .in the ten yard dash.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg