Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Man, I wanted Stewart too but I know Clady was the smart (not just "safe") pick for the long term.

The flashy pick is certainly more exciting but building up the trenches is how you improve your team regardless of who's running or passing behind the line.

I was as disappointed as anybody to pass on Stewart but Kizla needs to seriously chill out.
    The thing is, we admitted with this 12pick of Clady that Harris was a waste of a 3rd rounder last year.

But the question is will Clady be that smart pick that people around the league will go. "Shanahan made the right call to forgo a Running back in respect to protect his quarterback with Clady"

But the stench of Foster is still fresh in minds of the Fans who thought Foster was going to be the long term Franchise LT/RT yet he ended up traded. Will Clady foster that same fate? Time will tell, thats all we can say is time will tell.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    The thing is, we admitted with this 12pick of Clady that Harris was a waste of a 3rd rounder last year.
    Eh, what? If Harris takes over RT, I wouldn't call that a wasted pick. I think that's a bit harsh.

But the question is will Clady be that smart pick that people around the league will go. "Shanahan made the right call to forgo a Running back in respect to protect his quarterback with Clady"

But the stench of Foster is still fresh in minds of the Fans who thought Foster was going to be the long term Franchise LT/RT yet he ended up traded. Will Clady foster that same fate? Time will tell, thats all we can say is time will tell.
    All teams pick guys that don't work out. Just because Foster ended up getting traded doesn't mean we shouldn't ever draft an offensive lineman in the first round again. Besides, Clady is a much better prospect than Foster was.

That being said, I think Shanny is a bit optimistic thinking that Clady will start right away. I think he could use a year learning the playbook and full-time concentration on football, with professional coaching, before we give him the responsibility of guarding Cutler's blind side. But Shanny outranks me a bit and might overrule me.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Clady

I agree with other responses: This is an investment to protect Cutler. When people talk about being "pure left tackle" it points more to pass protection. He has everything you look for for that, and the experience of ZBS, for the running game. With Cutler understanding the offense even more, with weapons, you might see Shannahan pass the ball more than run, and I think you see a similar reasoning for picking Ryan Harris last year. If the offensive line is healthy and gels, the run game will go, Henry will be very productive. We have seen it before when the offensive line is set, backs can be plugged in. If Clady, Kuper, Harris and Lichtensteiger workout, all all are healthy, go for the back in the first round that is a game breaker next year.
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Sounds like SOMEONE is pissed that his mock draft blew up.......
    LOL that's correct he posted an article begging for us to get Stewart.

Overall Mark is a complete d-bag now how many pestimistic articles is that now.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post

however we did use foster to go get ourselves a starting CB (Bly)